Lights of Winter not being displayed this year (2009)!?!

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Thats why we keep pestering them with comments about it on their own blog. :lol: Still, the fact that they have not answered after nearly 70 comments is not a good sign. Some PR execs are probably in an urgent back room meeting room right now trying to come up with a plausible sounding reason to tell everyone why the LoW aren't going up this year and have probably realized they have none.

I'm betting those same execs are thinking that since it's only 70+ comments on the blog the furor isn't enough to even warrant a response. I bet they're hoping this issue will die a quiet death. We need to keep the pressure on them! :fork:

Buried20KLeague

Jason Garcia responded that the Lights of Winter story is "definitely of interest" to him. Who knows what that means, but I thought I'd pass it along.

I think the article REALLY writes itself, don't you??? Basically just document all the lost holiday offerings from the past few years, and point out the increase in cost to the guest that has occurred without fail every year at the same time.

I never thought I'd say this... But we actually NEED the Slantinel on this one. :lookaroun

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
I'm betting those same execs are thinking that since it's only 70+ comments on the blog the furor isn't enough to even warrant a response. I bet they're hoping this issue will die a quiet death. We need to keep the pressure on them! :fork:

Check out some of the other posts on the Parks blog. Four comments is average, I saw one with 19 comments. 70 comments is a torrent.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Check out some of the other posts on the Parks blog. Four comments is average, I saw one with 19 comments. 70 comments is a torrent.

I guess what I meant is that even 70 people on a single blog to Disney may not represent a groundswell, especially on a blog that Disney could shut down (or at least close the comments section) at any time. I think we're better off sending emails and/or letters to Disney managment. That's all I was trying to say....:wave:

teebin

I must say that I am so surprised that so many of you found this display "beautiful". I am trying to think of anything else at WDW that I have found as garish and pedestrian as this EPCOT display. Most holiday displays in WDW are designed to look good all the time.

It always looked like scaffolding in the sunfilled hours. It is of linear design and appeared as though it had been dropped from the sky. Anything that sparkles at night looks great... if it doesn't sparkle by day, then it had better be pretty regardless. HS and its light show is beside the point... The park is ugly already. Epcot deserves something more creative, modern, surprising and compelling.

Example: Christmas tree fountains lit white in the lagoons on either side of the bridge with lasers that make points within them sparkle with lights of different colors. Thousands of lights embedded in the lawns that are used for flower and garden festival around the lagoons that continuously change scenes and sparkle decorative motifs. Topiaries in the planters on either side that are lit up with thousands of sparkling lights with white lasers that shoot out of the beds at night creating a grand arch or shooting straight up as if a grand cathedral. That is EPCOT. Pretty by day, surprising and pretty by night.

EPCOT Explorer

Erm... quick question...

Are we even certain -- really, completely, 100 percent certain that the LoW will not be up this year? Has Disney confirmed this yet? I know they haven't confirmed whether or not it will be up, but have they said for sure that it will not be there? Because those two things are pretty different.

Don't get me wrong, I believe you guys... I'm just looking for a little hard info from the Mouse's mouth before I send off my vitriolic missive to the company.
It looks pretty bad.:(

Watch, tomorrow, they will be up.:lookaroun:lol:
Indeed. Please, please, please.... if you choose to complain to Guest Relations or thru any other front-line CM; please remember that the $7/hour worker you are speaking to did NOT make the decision and isn't making enough to justify being eaten alive. Please be polite to the front-line staff even if you're voicing your displeasure.
THIS.:sohappy:

If they try the refurb excuse, that would be plainly unacceptable IMO. :(
Exactly...they had ALL FREAKING YEAR.:lookaroun
Jason Garcia responded that the Lights of Winter story is "definitely of interest" to him. Who knows what that means, but I thought I'd pass it along.
AWESOME. Hope he does this right.
Seriously, I hope Disney gets more complaints for this than they have for Space Mountain.
I doubt that, but the Blog is getting pounded now.

I never thought I'd say this... But we actually NEED the Slantinel on this one. :lookaroun
We have invoked the BEAST!:eek::lookaroun

Yeah, this is surreal.

MythBuster

I'm sorry to report that it is true, it was confirmed in a memo from Epcot managementthat Lights of Winter wont be installed this year, and also they said it wasnt because of the money but when they usually say that, it is about the money

EpcotServo

I'm sorry to report that it is true, it was confirmed in a memo from Epcot managementthat Lights of Winter wont be installed this year, and also they said it wasnt because of the money but when they usually say that, it is about the money

:lol: -That's so true...

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
What... they didnt make enough charging people $4 for a single small spoonful of Choup during F&W? :confused::lol::lookaroun:D

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I'm sorry to report that it is true, it was confirmed in a memo from Epcot management that Lights of Winter wont be installed this year, and also they said it wasnt because of the money but when they usually say that, it is about the money

Mag-effing-nificent.....:mad:

jt04

So if they are willing to admit it's not the money, then why not say what the actual reason is?

So Disney, what is the reason? :shrug:

:xmas: Ahem.

:zipit:

Main Street USA

I said the same thing earlier. That's my only REAL beef here. I need a decent ACTUAL reason that makes sense, and I'll be satisfied. I'm voting laziness and money on this one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom