Lights of Winter not being displayed this year (2009)!?!

DisneyMissy

This is my first time going over Christmas and I was so looking forward to see the LoW and I told my Mom all about it, this is her first Disney trip. I will be so disappointed if they do not put them up!

DisneyMissy

I think I am going to have to do that very thing! Words cannot even describe how disappointed I am. I was looking more forward to seeing this than the Osbourne lights.

MousDad

Epic post from 'Mike' over at Disney Parks. (#60 something)

BTW - did anyone notice how today's blog post is about all the cool holiday things there are to do at DL? :lol::brick:

jrashadb

Erm... quick question...

Are we even certain -- really, completely, 100 percent certain that the LoW will not be up this year? Has Disney confirmed this yet? I know they haven't confirmed whether or not it will be up, but have they said for sure that it will not be there? Because those two things are pretty different.

Don't get me wrong, I believe you guys... I'm just looking for a little hard info from the Mouse's mouth before I send off my vitriolic missive to the company.

MousDad

^^^ Steve's all but confirmed it, as have a couple others. There's pics of the props in storage with 2 feet of weeds intertwined through the base. And TWDC has said nothing. Take that for what you will.

brkgnews

While you can't place blame on these people, they like the Guest Relations people at Epcot who will likely get yelled at all through the holidays this year took a position that requires they hear the comments of guests it's their responsibility to pass that information up the chain. Does this mean you blame them no, but yes I think you should scrutinize any response they may have to explain why the lights aren't there.
Indeed. Please, please, please.... if you choose to complain to Guest Relations or thru any other front-line CM; please remember that the $7/hour worker you are speaking to did NOT make the decision and isn't making enough to justify being eaten alive. Please be polite to the front-line staff even if you're voicing your displeasure.

hpyhnt 1000

Erm... quick question...

Are we even certain -- really, completely, 100 percent certain that the LoW will not be up this year? Has Disney confirmed this yet? I know they haven't confirmed whether or not it will be up, but have they said for sure that it will not be there? Because those two things are pretty different.

Don't get me wrong, I believe you guys... I'm just looking for a little hard info from the Mouse's mouth before I send off my vitriolic missive to the company.

Thats why we keep pestering them with comments about it on their own blog. :lol: Still, the fact that they have not answered after nearly 70 comments is not a good sign. Some PR execs are probably in an urgent back room meeting room right now trying to come up with a plausible sounding reason to tell everyone why the LoW aren't going up this year and have probably realized they have none.

EPCOTPluto

Thats why we keep pestering them with comments about it on their own blog. :lol: Still, the fact that they have not answered after nearly 70 comments is not a good sign. Some PR execs are probably in an urgent back room meeting room right now trying to come up with a plausible sounding reason to tell everyone why the LoW aren't going up this year and have probably realized they have none.
If they try the refurb excuse, that would be plainly unacceptable IMO. :(

s8film40

It's very possible they may be having some meetings to rethink whether it's a good idea not to include them this year. It's still early enough they could change their mind and put them up. They may not want to respond since they may not know themselves if they will be put up or not

jrashadb

Right. OK, I just commented and I might be sending a slightly angrier letter to GR later. BTW, the count is up to 67 comments now.

Foolish Mortal

Indeed. Please, please, please.... if you choose to complain to Guest Relations or thru any other front-line CM; please remember that the $7/hour worker you are speaking to did NOT make the decision and isn't making enough to justify being eaten alive. Please be polite to the front-line staff even if you're voicing your displeasure.

Bravo. Well put.

vintageepcot

Is there thinking like this going on with Disney management:

"Well, a large portion of our guests in December are first-time visitors so they won't notice that anything is missing."

Surely they can't be using such logic.

Or maybe it's"

"We already have the Christmas tree and the decorations and we have Illuminations so why have Lights of Winter also? It only causes a traffic jam on the bridge and costs a lot to put up, operate, and remove."

Surely they can't be using suc logic. (& Don't call me Surely)

:)

Thats so true, Walt disney would have those lights put up even if it came out of his own pocket, and maybe surprise us with something great we didn't see coming. Disney needs to get shilled volunteers and give them a free couple of days in the parks, People who cant afford to go there anyway. They will still be saving money. I would do it just because I would want to be a part of making an amazing light display come to life.

WDWFigment

Jason Garcia responded that the Lights of Winter story is "definitely of interest" to him. Who knows what that means, but I thought I'd pass it along.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom