Latest Info on Midway Mania!

enough

the bottom line with new attractions (especially those that replace existing ones) is that there is no one way to please everyone.

Disney has to do what they think is best for the parks' longevity - what that has meant as of late is partly hopping on the latest franchise bandwagon as soon as that franchise shows a significant level of profitability (Stitch, most pixar films, etc.).

I am of the belief, however, that this isn't the right way to go. It seems they've had their best success lately with generic themed rides (mission:space, test:track, ToT, EE) - those that don't take their design cues from current movies or cartoons.

while an Incredibles ride like the one described in this thread does sound really cool, it feels like you're already limiting the length it'll run by attaching it to a movie. Unless the Incredibles come back with 3 or 4 sequels that are as successful as the original (very doubtful) the ride will lose relevance as soon as the move loses its popularity.

I guess what I'm saying is (if any Disney folks are reading) - the rides that last the longest are those that are dreamed up by Disney without having their primary elements borrowed from current movies.

SirGoofy

coasterphil said:
I don't get the fascination with the robocoaster technology. I don't how many of you have actually been on a robocoaster, but they really aren't much fun at all. Hopefully Disney can do something with it that makes it interesting, not just being thrown around like a ragdoll.

I'm not sold on MM either. I think I'll need a better explanation of the technology before a can really pass judgment on it.

Yea, this won't be like any robocoaster in creation. Instead of it being a statioary arm that tosses you around, the arm will be on a track, and it won't be throwing you around like the one at Legoland.

dxwwf3

Gosh I missed a lot on my trip. Before I post a trip report, I must say I'm super pumped to hear that this new attraction will be going into the WWTBAM set. I never cared for that show and I knew that building could be used for so much more.

Interesting news about the Incredibles as well. I hope it is as good as you guys say it might be. If so, then the loss of CoP wouldn't be nearly as bad (if that is where it goes).

ballewclan

angryduck said:
Can they please start thinking with some creativity? Buzz light year is a horrible ride and this sounds worse... :brick:

I dont understand why this sounds worse than buzz lightyear...

From what I've heard you'd be greated by a character and would have to search the room for toys with goggles that would turn everything x-ray and when you shoot at them it would turn them into 'not x-ray' toys. Just imagine how great it would be all in 3D with the car being a sophisticated omnimover...

Imagine different rooms too where your gun did different things, perhaps as a flashlight in the dark or laser beam or a toy gun.

I guess all of that isn't creative enough for you...

I just don't see how it could be WORSE than Buzz...plus I like Buzz Lightyear's attraction...:D

CaptainMichael

ballewclan said:
I dont understand why this sounds worse than buzz lightyear...

From what I've heard you'd be greated by a character and would have to search the room for toys with goggles that would turn everything x-ray and when you shoot at them it would turn them into 'not x-ray' toys. Just imagine how great it would be all in 3D with the car being a sophisticated omnimover...

Imagine different rooms too where your gun did different things, perhaps as a flashlight in the dark or laser beam or a toy gun.

I guess all of that isn't creative enough for you...

I just don't see how it could be WORSE than Buzz...plus I like Buzz Lightyear's attraction...:D
I can't wait to see it...it just sounds way too cool!:sohappy: :sohappy:

AndyMagic

I'm still excited about the attraction but I just can't imagine this being all that exciting on an omnivmover. What makes Spiderman so exciting is that you are in your own car which allows for a variety of movements in the environment. This was there chance to trump that ride. Maybe Incredibles will do it though.

CaptainMichael

AndyMagic said:
I'm still excited about the attraction but I just can't imagine this being all that exciting on an omnivmover. What makes Spiderman so exciting is that you are in your own car which allows for a variety of movements in the environment. This was there chance to trump that ride. Maybe Incredibles will do it though.
If I'm not mistaken, a ride system has yet to be announced, so it may be something a little bit nicer than an omnimover.

Pongo

AndyMagic said:

Keep in mind that this is a shooting-type game. Too much vehicular movement will make it nearly impossible to aim = more frustrating than fun.

With this ride system, the fun does not lie in movement, but in the interactivity.

dxwwf3

Pongo said:
There's only one other Toy Story Attraction.

And you can make the argument that Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin is based more on the animated series than "Toy Story". I think an attraction based on Woody and the rest of the Toy Story gang is needed and should do very well as long as the attraction turns out to be as good as it sounds right now.

CaptainMichael

dxwwf3 said:
And you can make the argument that Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin is based more on the animated series than "Toy Story". I think an attraction based on Woody and the rest of the Toy Story gang is needed and should do very well as long as the attraction turns out to be as good as it sounds right now.
Agreed on both points.

ballewclan

AndyMagic said:

I don't think the imagineers will lean towards a traditional omnimover. I was thinking more along the lines of Spiderman's type of car. It would be great if it was like "WHAM BAM FLY GLIDE ROLL shoot shoot shoot shoot FLY BAM ROLL WHAM". haha do you get it? Like the car would do the amazing maneuvers that its capable off but at the same time stop to let us shoot.

Anyone ever play any of those arcade zombie shoot-em-ups? Where you shoot for a little then its like you jump or slide or walk or run or just move crazily over to the next area? Thats what I'm thinking it'll be like.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom