La Fiesta de MJ

Uponastar

Nemo14 said:
It's cloudy now - supposed to rain this afternoon and all day tomorrow. Work starts on the ark at 10 am!

Ew! When will it end?
Makes you wonder if this is the trend for the summer.
And then hurricanes. . .
Not good.

Nemo14

Considering at the beginning of the summer, they were warning us about drought conditions since we didn't get enough snow this winter....

Uponastar

Nemo14 said:
Considering at the beginning of the summer, they were warning us about drought conditions since we didn't get enough snow this winter....

Yes. It's always one extreme or the other.
Middle ground would be nice.

dandaman

Indeed I did. They were all right... the past years, I'd always viewed them from my uncle's 26-story condo's rooftop. No tickets this year, so we ended up viewing them down by the crowded riverfront. (Got home in good time, though.)

I had my first cotton candy ever. :lookaroun I know, I know...

I also got some fresh-cut boardwalk fries... so fresh-cut, in fact, that there was half a potato at the bottom. :lol:

They had a Drop Tower ride, which was nice... never been on one except Power Tower at CP. (This is about 1/3 height, though. :lol: )

The fireworks themselves were bittersweet. My grandpa always used to love those fireworks. I couldn't stop getting at least a little teary-eyed while watching them. :(

A great night as a whole, though.

Uponastar

dandaman said:
Indeed I did. They were all right... the past years, I'd always viewed them from my uncle's 26-story condo's rooftop. No tickets this year, so we ended up viewing them down by the crowded riverfront. (Got home in good time, though.)

I had my first cotton candy ever. :lookaroun I know, I know...

I also got some fresh-cut boardwalk fries... so fresh-cut, in fact, that there was half a potato at the bottom. :lol:

They had a Drop Tower ride, which was nice... never been on one except Power Tower at CP. (This is about 1/3 height, though. :lol: )

The fireworks themselves were bittersweet. My grandpa always used to love those fireworks. I couldn't stop getting at least a little teary-eyed while watching them. :(

A great night as a whole, though.

Sounds like a good time! (Especially those fries! :lookaroun )
Glad you were able to go!

MommytoMJM

Well, she hasn't puked in a few hours, so that is good. We got home from the hospital at 3 am. They told us we could double the dose of the antinausea med they gave us to stop the vomiting. Today we are just staying home and trying to recuperate. I didn't take any of my meds yesterday (forgot them before we left, then forgot to bring them with us) didn't eat and had woken up at 6, so by the time I went to bed I had been up for almost 24 hours. Then I couldn't sleep in the daylight, so I've still only had about 4 hours....

MommytoMJM

There was a Make a Wish child at the hospital with us who had just had ice cream at Give Kids the World then had to come to the hospital, she was in the room next door to us and didn't make it. I felt so horrible for that family. She was MJ's age.

Uponastar

MommytoMJM said:
Well, she hasn't puked in a few hours, so that is good. We got home from the hospital at 3 am. They told us we could double the dose of the antinausea med they gave us to stop the vomiting. Today we are just staying home and trying to recuperate. I didn't take any of my meds yesterday (forgot them before we left, then forgot to bring them with us) didn't eat and had woken up at 6, so by the time I went to bed I had been up for almost 24 hours. Then I couldn't sleep in the daylight, so I've still only had about 4 hours....

Wow. I don't even know what to say. I'm so sorry all this happened.
I wish that Nana was still there with you. . .or that I was.
Please try and get some rest. You need to take care of yourself, too.
(HUGS) to both you and the Princess.

Uponastar

MommytoMJM said:
There was a Make a Wish child at the hospital with us who had just had ice cream at Give Kids the World then had to come to the hospital, she was in the room next door to us and didn't make it. I felt so horrible for that family. She was MJ's age.

Oh my. Makes you grateful for every "ordinary" moment.

MommytoMJM

Andrew and MJ are both still sleeping, MJ is due for her next meds in another two hours. So far she's only had water, she hasn't had any formula in over 31 hours so I need to set up some formula tro try and give her at a slow drip, this means we'kk be on the pump 24 hours a day for a while, she hates that :(

MommytoMJM

Uponastar said:
Oh my. Makes you grateful for every "ordinary" moment.

Yes it does, I tried not to cry for MJ's sake, but everyone on that ward was in tears, it was impossible.

MJ pointed to the wall where she was at and said baby, sad and made the sign for crying, I think she knew what was going on... :cry:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom