Kingdom Hearts III -Imagineering A Video Game

mharrington

Wait, shouldn't the prince have made an appearance at the beginning? Or do you have something planned...? Anyway, GREAT work.

Well, as has been said occasionally on this thread, KingMickey has said there would be a turning point in the game that dictates revisiting previous worlds, a la KH2. In the case of Fairytale Forest, maybe that's where the prince will show up.

Anyway, I know you said that Gummi ship routes are usually given generic, but I don't think there's any reason not to hazard guesses on the worlds to which they lead, right? Now, based on the Gummi ship route you mentioned ("Open Skyway"), I'm going to guess that the next world is either Neverland or Olympus Coliseum. Of course, that's just my guess, and KingMickey won't divulge anything until it's ready, but there's nothing wrong with guessing, right?

KingMickey

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Well, as has been said occasionally on this thread, KingMickey has said there would be a turning point in the game that dictates revisiting previous worlds, a la KH2. In the case of Fairytale Forest, maybe that's where the prince will show up.

Anyway, I know you said that Gummi ship routes are usually given generic, but I don't think there's any reason not to hazard guesses on the worlds to which they lead, right? Now, based on the Gummi ship route you mentioned ("Open Skyway"), I'm going to guess that the next world is either Neverland or Olympus Coliseum. Of course, that's just my guess, and KingMickey won't divulge anything until it's ready, but there's nothing wrong with guessing, right?
Exactly. Notice how this visit, it really only focused on the first half of the film. There's still alot more which unravels in each of the worlds.

And no, there's nothing wrong with guessing. But this one's kinda VERY generic.

mharrington

And no, there's nothing wrong with guessing. But this one's kinda VERY generic.

Well, the "sky" part of "Open Skyway" was what gave away the possible new worlds right then and there. Even though they do look generic, I nevertheless use the words of the location as a guide.

KingMickey

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I came across this teaser drawing and felt it should be here. I didn't do this picture and it's very crude and looks like it was done poorly, but it's the thought that counts, right? Here is the poster link: http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c349/TylerUTS/KH3cover.jpg.
I don't get it. Was it done for this thread by someone you know? It's nice.
I don't know. There's actually a *rough draft* as to what the KH3 logo may look like. Here's a link to the photo:

521Le-20090401-1238615254.png

Doesn't it look a lot like KH2's logo. It looks "darker", with a different type of font.

mharrington

I don't know. There's actually a *rough draft* as to what the KH3 logo may look like. Here's a link to the photo:

521Le-20090401-1238615254.png

Doesn't it look a lot like KH2's logo. It looks "darker", with a different type of font.

Yes, it does resemble KH2's logo. The only thing different about it, I thought, was that the II (or 2) part was replaced by III (or 3).

Anyway, I know you heard this phrase turned before, but when are you putting up your next world? I have an idea what it might be, based on the Gummi ship route, "Open Skyway". As I said before, I tend to use the words or parts of the words to clue me in on what the world might be.

KingMickey

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Anyway, I know you heard this phrase turned before, but when are you putting up your next world? I have an idea what it might be, based on the Gummi ship route, "Open Skyway". As I said before, I tend to use the words or parts of the words to clue me in on what the world might be.

The next world will be soon. The Gummi Ship route was very generic. I cannot state that enough. It's most likely a world that you would least expect.

Also, I've been thinking about this ToonTown world and I've been trying to plan out where exactly it would fall into place. Originally, I had the world inspired off the actual Disney park "Toontown", but then changed it to Roger Rabbit's. (Personally, it was never one of my favorites and I can't remember if I even saw the whole thing.) In my opinion, it doesn't fit quite well with the other worlds of the game. It's kinda the odd one out. If I were to take out this world, it would be replaced by Pinocchio's or an unmentioned original world. I'm still thinking about it.

(As for Benny the Cab, he could still be a summon, regardless if the world is in the game or not.)

mharrington

Also, I've been thinking about this ToonTown world and I've been trying to plan out where exactly it would fall into place. Originally, I had the world inspired off the actual Disney park "Toontown", but then changed it to Roger Rabbit's. (Personally, it was never one of my favorites and I can't remember if I even saw the whole thing.) In my opinion, it doesn't fit quite well with the other worlds of the game. It's kinda the odd one out. If I were to take out this world, it would be replaced by Pinocchio's or an unmentioned original world. I'm still thinking about it.

(As for Benny the Cab, he could still be a summon, regardless if the world is in the game or not.)

Well, Toontown could go somewhere in the middle of the game. I think it fits okay. It's certainly no different than, say, Timeless River or Space Paranoids. This movie was one of my favorites. If you need help remembering the whole movie, then go here to this website: http://www.filmsite.org/whof.html. I really think we should see characters from this movie in this game.

And Benny would be coming from a world which is actually used in the game. We need to have at least two summons whose worlds actually appear in the game. This is why I'm also seriously saying we should have Tinkerbell be a summon after you finish Neverland. Sure, KH2 only had one summon that came from a world in the game (Genie from Agrabah), but that's forgivable considering there were only four summons in that game, and this one would have a whopping seven.

And didn't you say that Pinocchio's World would be somewhat problematic?

KingMickey

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Well, Toontown could go somewhere in the middle of the game. I think it fits okay. It's certainly no different than, say, Timeless River or Space Paranoids. This movie was one of my favorites. If you need help remembering the whole movie, then go here to this website: http://www.filmsite.org/whof.html. I really think we should see characters from this movie in this game.

And Benny would be coming from a world which is actually used in the game. We need to have at least two summons whose worlds actually appear in the game. This is why I'm also seriously saying we should have Tinkerbell be a summon after you finish Neverland. Sure, KH2 only had one summon that came from a world in the game (Genie from Agrabah), but that's forgivable considering there were only four summons in that game, and this one would have a whopping seven.

And didn't you say that Pinocchio's World would be somewhat problematic?

I'm still not sure about ToonTown.

Pinocchio's world would be problematic, due to the fact that he's become a real boy, but that doesn't mean his story is finished. Heck, the Beast turned into a prince, yet their world is still in the game. Even so, if the world turned out to be problematic, a new world would go in it's place.

And we don't NEED to have two summon characters from their own respective worlds in the game. In fact, we don't need to have any summon characters from their own worlds. Summons allow characters, that wouldn't ordinarily be seen, to have some purpose in the game. Wouldn't it be better to have new summon characters, instead of ones that you've already interacted with in their own individual worlds?

Tinkerbell and two unmentioned summon characters are already coming from their own worlds in the game. So, even with Benny, that would be FOUR summons that are regular characters in the game. Even though, Tinker Bell and Genie served as summons in the first games, it doesn't mean they have to do the same thing AGAIN in this one. Yeah, it's going against the status quo, but that's what makes a game in the series unique.

mharrington

I'm still not sure about ToonTown.

Pinocchio's world would be problematic, due to the fact that he's become a real boy, but that doesn't mean his story is finished. Heck, the Beast turned into a prince, yet their world is still in the game. Even so, if the world turned out to be problematic, a new world would go in it's place.

And we don't NEED to have two summon characters from their own respective worlds in the game. In fact, we don't need to have any summon characters from their own worlds. Summons allow characters, that wouldn't ordinarily be seen, to have some purpose in the game. Wouldn't it be better to have new summon characters, instead of ones that you've already interacted with in their own individual worlds?

Tinkerbell and two unmentioned summon characters are already coming from their own worlds in the game. So, even with Benny, that would be FOUR summons that are regular characters in the game. Even though, Tinker Bell and Genie served as summons in the first games, it doesn't mean they have to do the same thing AGAIN in this one. Yeah, it's going against the status quo, but that's what makes a game in the series unique.

Well, what if we did the storyline for Toontown by combining the movie with the Roger Rabbit ride at Disneyland? If the need arises, we could always have more an emphasis on the ride than the movie.

As for the summons, what if we had the two as-yet-unmentioned characters, plus Benny, Genie, Tinkerbell, Pooh and Tigger (both together, not separate) and Elliot? This would be the first time in the series that Pooh and Tigger actually go up against the Heartless.

And when's the new world coming? Considering that there will be two worlds in the game with pirates (Neverland and Port Royal), we should put one of those worlds up very soon.

KingMickey

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Well, what if we did the storyline for Toontown by combining the movie with the Roger Rabbit ride at Disneyland? If the need arises, we could always have more an emphasis on the ride than the movie.

As for the summons, what if we had the two as-yet-unmentioned characters, plus Benny, Genie, Tinkerbell, Pooh and Tigger (both together, not separate) and Elliot? This would be the first time in the series that Pooh and Tigger actually go up against the Heartless.

And when's the new world coming? Considering that there will be two worlds in the game with pirates (Neverland and Port Royal), we should put one of those worlds up very soon.

I'm not sure about ToonTown. Even with it being a ride/movie based world. I had wanted ToonTown to be the hometown of King Mickey, Donald, Goofy and the other classic Disney characters. (Well, they reside at Disney Castle, but it's not likely they lived there their entire life.) Of course,this wouldn't eliminate Roger Rabbit characters from appearing, but the main story wouldn't focus solely around them. It would have been more of a "classic Disney cartoon" world, but not the early cartoons, like what's in Timeless River. Even so, I think thsi world would have one visit.

As for summons, the only ones I'm keeping definite are the two unmentioned ones, Elliot and Benny. I'm still not sure what's going to happen with Tinker Bell. I think she deserves some time with Peter. The problem with Genie is that, Aladdin told him to join the group in both games. Seeing that Agrabah won't appear in this game, it would be unlikely that Genie would appear, as well. Besides, Genie was living happily with Aladdin and Jasmine at the end of KH2, so it'd be difficult for him to be a summon and not have any connection to any type of story.

The problem with Pooh and Tigger. They live in a world alternative to any other world. They reside in a world inside of another. They don't even realize that there's any outside to their storybook, and that what makes those characters special. That 100 Acre Wood is the only safe haven in the game. Removing them from their storybook would be like ripping out the pages and looking for them all over again.

Also, Pooh and co, don't even know what the Heartless are. They've never had any experience, fighting-wise or even visually-wise, with what the Heartless are. And I couldn't imagine Pooh and Tigger going at it with a round of Heartless.

There 's like 6(?) something worlds in between Neverland and Port Royal. And Neverland is sooo much more than just Pirates, that the two cannot be fairly compared because of their affiliation with pirates. That's like saying Snow White, Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella have to be spread apart because they all are princesses with castles. Each world is very different from the other, so it wouldn't matter, considering this is like...a 30+ hour game.

mharrington

I'm not sure about ToonTown. Even with it being a ride/movie based world. I had wanted ToonTown to be the hometown of King Mickey, Donald, Goofy and the other classic Disney characters. (Well, they reside at Disney Castle, but it's not likely they lived there their entire life.) Of course,this wouldn't eliminate Roger Rabbit characters from appearing, but the main story wouldn't focus solely around them. It would have been more of a "classic Disney cartoon" world, but not the early cartoons, like what's in Timeless River. Even so, I think thsi world would have one visit.

Well, what if we made Toontown just a one-visit-type deal, like how Timeless River is in KH2? You go there and do your thing, defeat Doom and that's that. This world would be exempt from the world revisits later in the game. I don't understand how we can mix classic Disney cartoons into the mix, though.

As for summons, the only ones I'm keeping definite are the two unmentioned ones, Elliot and Benny. I'm still not sure what's going to happen with Tinker Bell. I think she deserves some time with Peter. The problem with Genie is that, Aladdin told him to join the group in both games. Seeing that Agrabah won't appear in this game, it would be unlikely that Genie would appear, as well. Besides, Genie was living happily with Aladdin and Jasmine at the end of KH2, so it'd be difficult for him to be a summon and not have any connection to any type of story.

The problem with Pooh and Tigger. They live in a world alternative to any other world. They reside in a world inside of another. They don't even realize that there's any outside to their storybook, and that what makes those characters special. That 100 Acre Wood is the only safe haven in the game. Removing them from their storybook would be like ripping out the pages and looking for them all over again.

Also, Pooh and co, don't even know what the Heartless are. They've never had any experience, fighting-wise or even visually-wise, with what the Heartless are. And I couldn't imagine Pooh and Tigger going at it with a round of Heartless.

Well, I still think we should at least keep Pooh and co. Remember, their world, too, was affected by the Heartless, it was just done so in a different way. And in fairness, Atlantica in KH2 had no Heartless invasions there, either, but it did in KH1, so who knows? We should at least think it over.

As for the other summons, I guess we can remove Genie from the summons list, but we should at least have Tinker Bell. You know how you said there will be world revisits for several of the game's worlds? Well, what if we made Tinker Bell summonable only after the second Neverland visit. That would be win-win right then and there. She'll be a summon and spend time with Pan.

There 's like 6(?) something worlds in between Neverland and Port Royal. And Neverland is sooo much more than just Pirates, that the two cannot be fairly compared because of their affiliation with pirates. That's like saying Snow White, Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella have to be spread apart because they all are princesses with castles. Each world is very different from the other, so it wouldn't matter, considering this is like...a 30+ hour game.

Well, obviously, Port Royal and Neverland are greatly different worlds that are affiliated with more than just pirates. To be fair, Neverland and Atlantica are associated with mermaids, too, but that's beside the point. All I'm saying is that we should at least have either of these worlds up soon. Which reminds me: when is the next world coming, anyway? Do you know?

KingMickey

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Well, what if we made Toontown just a one-visit-type deal, like how Timeless River is in KH2? You go there and do your thing, defeat Doom and that's that. This world would be exempt from the world revisits later in the game. I don't understand how we can mix classic Disney cartoons into the mix, though.

Well, I still think we should at least keep Pooh and co. Remember, their world, too, was affected by the Heartless, it was just done so in a different way. And in fairness, Atlantica in KH2 had no Heartless invasions there, either, but it did in KH1, so who knows? We should at least think it over.

As for the other summons, I guess we can remove Genie from the summons list, but we should at least have Tinker Bell. You know how you said there will be world revisits for several of the game's worlds? Well, what if we made Tinker Bell summonable only after the second Neverland visit. That would be win-win right then and there. She'll be a summon and spend time with Pan.

Well, obviously, Port Royal and Neverland are greatly different worlds that are affiliated with more than just pirates. To be fair, Neverland and Atlantica are associated with mermaids, too, but that's beside the point. All I'm saying is that we should at least have either of these worlds up soon. Which reminds me: when is the next world coming, anyway? Do you know?

ToonTown was always going to be a one-visit world. Classic Disney cartoon characters fit perfectly because they are in Who Framed Roger Rabbit. Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy. If this world is known as ToonTown, wouldn't it make more sense for the world to be where most of the toons came from, not just the Roger Rabbit cast? That was my original plan for the world.

I'm really not sure about Pooh. And the Atlantica topic is pretty much null-and-void, considering they do know what Heartless are. They also had Ursula in both games, who was the main enemy of the world. Unlike Atlantica, Pooh and Co. have no idea what enemies even are, nor do they realize what's outside their storybook. I think that they should remain in their storybook. It just seems to take away from the magic of 100 Acre Wood, knowing that the characters just pop out of the book, when that is actually impossible for them to do.

You'll just have to be patient for when I'm posting these worlds. It's not like they take five minutes to write up. I have to follow somewhat of a story that I'm trying to also enjoy creating. Since today's fathers' day, I'm not going to update the next world today.

KingMickey

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Toontown can still LOOK like the one in the parks, but have some extra story... I mean, look at the ride in DL!
That's exactly what I wanted. I wanted the story to focus more on the ToonTown that belonged to Mickey, Donald, Goofy, Chip, Dale, possibly Rescue Rangers and parts of Ducktales, along with Roger Rabbit. It's a much broader display of character, worlds and storylines.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom