Kingdom Hearts III -Imagineering A Video Game

KingMickey

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
No way is this the end... neither "Colors of the Wind" nor the epic "Take me instead!" part happened! And what about the whole "arranged marriage" business? Does that come in later, or at all...? Anyway, FANTASTIC first part. I can't wait for some pug action (which I assume will be coming in a later installment?)
Well, I'm not going to squeeze in every aspect from the movie into one visit, now am I?

Next world is another brand new one. And I liked your Elliot the Dragon summon idea. I really hadn't imahined putting him in as a summon, but it could work. And I'm thinking that Tinker Bell might not be a summon in this game, leaving room for another available summon.

Thanks for the comments so far!!

mharrington

Next world is another brand new one. And I liked your Elliot the Dragon summon idea. I really hadn't imahined putting him in as a summon, but it could work. And I'm thinking that Tinker Bell might not be a summon in this game, leaving room for another available summon.

Thanks for your approval of my summon idea, but I don't think it necessary to remove Tinker Bell, though.

After your next world, can the next world after that be a returning world? I'm thinking of Olympus Coliseum, if for no other reason than to have the fights against previous enemies in different rounds.

Considering how we're finally getting someplace with the worlds at hand, I think I may need to update the cast list yet again. But I'll try and wait until your next world gets put up.

Disneyson 1

A WHOLE NEW WOOOOOOOOOOOOORLD!!!!!!! (smacked by KingMickey) Sorry. I know that's not in this game. Anyway... hmmm, what new world will we see next???

mharrington

A WHOLE NEW WOOOOOOOOOOOOORLD!!!!!!! (smacked by KingMickey) Sorry. I know that's not in this game. Anyway... hmmm, what new world will we see next???

I don't know. KingMickey is keeping us in the dark on a whole lot of details, so I'm in the same boat as you on this one. But I, too, want to know what the next world could possibly be.

KingMickey

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I don't know. KingMickey is keeping us in the dark on a whole lot of details, so I'm in the same boat as you on this one. But I, too, want to know what the next world could possibly be.

Well, if I blatantly said what the next world would be, all anticipation of it would die down and wonder would decrease. The reason why I'm keeping details on the worlds, characters, etc. to myself is because spreading spoilers would ultimately tarnish the outcome of each world and the game, as a whole.

When playing a video game, we always wonder what's going to happen next, with absolutely no signs or hints of the game's upcoming events. Why should it be any different in this case? Even if it a fictional game. Not saying what the next world is, would be FAR from keeping you in the dark compared to other things that happen in the game.

mharrington

When playing a video game, we always wonder what's going to happen next, with absolutely no signs or hints of the game's upcoming events. Why should it be any different in this case? Even if it a fictional game. Not saying what the next world is, would be FAR from keeping you in the dark compared to other things that happen in the game.

If we wonder what happens next in a video game, then why is there such a thing as a strategy guide?

And by being kept in the dark, I simply meant that you're withholding information until it's ready. Not that it's a bad thing, of course. But I'm really looking forward to your next world! I wonder what it'll be? Can you at least explain the next world's Gummi Mission needed to unlock said world? Maybe we can use that to make a guess on what it is. That's kind of what I've done with Rocky Trails, the Gummi Mission for Native Campground. I had a feeling that the mission would clue into something forest-y for that world.

KingMickey

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
If we wonder what happens next in a video game, then why is there such a thing as a strategy guide?

And by being kept in the dark, I simply meant that you're withholding information until it's ready. Not that it's a bad thing, of course. But I'm really looking forward to your next world! I wonder what it'll be? Can you at least explain the next world's Gummi Mission needed to unlock said world? Maybe we can use that to make a guess on what it is. That's kind of what I've done with Rocky Trails, the Gummi Mission for Native Campground. I had a feeling that the mission would clue into something forest-y for that world.

Well, this thread was never meant to be viewed as a strategy guide. It is supposed to be a visual description of the game, including all of the worlds and events there-in, through the storylines and the characters. The only "real" section that seems like a strategy guide is the description of the boss battles. And strategy guides were never meant to spoil the forecoming events of the game, they're meant to offer strategical advice on how to accomplish a certain task in the game.

I'm not going to go into the description of the actual Gummi Mission, itself, because that would basically be describing a Gummi Acid Trip with Heartless attacking, but I'll give the name of the Gummi Route.

As the World Map appears on the screen, a new gummi ship route has opened, opposite of Rocky Trails. The gummi ship approaches the new gummi ship route, Flowered Woodland.

mharrington

Well, this thread was never meant to be viewed as a strategy guide. It is supposed to be a visual description of the game, including all of the worlds and events there-in, through the storylines and the characters. The only "real" section that seems like a strategy guide is the description of the boss battles. And strategy guides were never meant to spoil the forecoming events of the game, they're meant to offer strategical advice on how to accomplish a certain task in the game.

I'm not going to go into the description of the actual Gummi Mission, itself, because that would basically be describing a Gummi Acid Trip with Heartless attacking, but I'll give the name of the Gummi Route.

As the World Map appears on the screen, a new gummi ship route has opened, opposite of Rocky Trails. The gummi ship approaches the new gummi ship route, Flowered Woodland.

Well, I never said this thread was to be a strategy guide. I was just making a small observation. I understand you want us to be kept guessing, because then it keeps us coming back and it makes me in particular eager to see what's next. It becomes more and more of a verbal tour of the game from start to finish than anything else.

Anyway, based on your Gummi ship route's name, I will assume that the world that is unlocked afterward is themed to... Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs? Mind you, I'm just guessing, but I'm just using the Gummi ship route's name as a sort of clue; a guide, if you will. It will probably be different, but I'm just making a guess.

KingMickey

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Well, I never said this thread was to be a strategy guide. I was just making a small observation. I understand you want us to be kept guessing, because then it keeps us coming back and it makes me in particular eager to see what's next. It becomes more and more of a verbal tour of the game from start to finish than anything else.

Anyway, based on your Gummi ship route's name, I will assume that the world that is unlocked afterward is themed to... Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs? Mind you, I'm just guessing, but I'm just using the Gummi ship route's name as a sort of clue; a guide, if you will. It will probably be different, but I'm just making a guess.
I'm not going to say anything. Heck, what Disney movie doesn't have a particular forest setting adaptable to the route's title. Bambi, Snow White, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Enchanted, Beauty and the Beast, Fox and the Hound. It could be any one of those.

And just a fact, but in KH2, they often named routes completely based off something that was just plainly generic, so we might get a few of those.

mharrington

I'm not going to say anything. Heck, what Disney movie doesn't have a particular forest setting adaptable to the route's title. Bambi, Snow White, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Enchanted, Beauty and the Beast, Fox and the Hound. It could be any one of those.

Well, I agree that it may be an entirely different world, but like I said, I was only guessing. One way or another, though, I can't wait for the next world!

This is probably a bit too soon to ask, but do you know when it may get put up?

KingMickey

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I'll start posting it tomorrow. I might not finish it, but I'll definitely have it started. (Even though, I probably will finish it, because I can never seem to stop halfway through one section of a project.)

mharrington

I'll start posting it tomorrow. I might not finish it, but I'll definitely have it started. (Even though, I probably will finish it, because I can never seem to stop halfway through one section of a project.)

Well, you did break up the Pocahontas world into several posts.

mharrington

Well, one thing's for sure: based on what we know for this game so far, of the 16 or 17 worlds in this game, there would already be at least six in which you can have world-specific characters join your party (four of whom would have joined your party in previous KH games). They are:

• NATIVE CAMPGROUND: Pocahontas
  • TOONTOWN: Eddie Valiant
  • ATLANTICA: Ariel (she joined your party in KH1, but not KH2)
  • NEVERLAND: Peter Pan
  • BEAST'S CASTLE: The Beast
  • PORT ROYAL: Jack Sparrow

And I'm looking forward to the next level. I will keep guessing based on that world's Gummi ship level.

KingMickey

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Fairytale Forest

The screen focuses on a castle, lying in the distance, as the screen slowly closes in on the castle. Inside a stone chamber of the castle, a royally dressed woman, known as the Queen approaches a mirror and summons the slave that dwells within it. A flash of lighting appears from within the mirror, as the reflection is consumed in flames, revealing the face. The queen asks the mirror, “Magic Mirror, on the wall, who is the fairest one of all?” The Mirror responds, “Snow White”, much to the dismay of the queen.

Sora, Donald and Goofy find themselves wandering in a woodland Forest, inhabited by friendly animal creatures. They all seem to be heading in the same direction. Are they running from something? Suddenly, a group of Heartless appear from the woods, forcing Sora and the others to fight. After the team has vanquished every enemy, a familiar figure runs into the group.

Snow White is thrilled to see the team, after almost two years. She hasn’t changed one bit. She explains to the team that her stepmother had sent her to a field to pick some flowers. She asks them to accompany her along the way. They follow.

Meanwhile, back in the Queen’s Chamber, the queen sits on her throne, giving orders to her huntsman. She tells him to go “find Snow White near the flower field, and there you shall kill her!” She proceeds to give him a lavishly decorated box, with a golden heart, pierced by a dagger. She sends him to steal Snow White’s heart. The Huntsman understands his task and proceeds to the flower field, as the queen laughs, evilly.

The team arrives at the Flower Field, where Snow White starts to select flowers, which she puts in her basket. The flower field leads up to the entrance of the Queen’s Castle, but it’s currently inaccessible. Snow White explains to them how her stepmother rules over the land and how she is forced to always do work for her, but one day, she plans on finding the love of her life and living happily ever after. Suddenly, the Huntsman arrives on the scene. He tells them of his mission, but Sora is unwilling to let him accomplish it. Snow White, shocked that her stepmother wants her dead, takes off and rapidly runs into the woods.

-Boss: The Huntsman-

This battle is a lot like the other earlier battles. The Huntsman attacks with a rigid dagger. He isn’t all that skilled and moves fairly slow, making it easy to doge his inferior attacks. When the opportunity is right, move in and unleash a series of combos, until he falls.

The Huntsman slouches, defeated. He lets the three go, safely along their way. He reveals that he will steal the heart of a pig to trick the queen into believing Snow White’s death, ensuring that the princess lives, unharmed. He heads back to the castle. The three head into the forest to chase after Snow White.

While arriving at the friendly woodland Forest, the team sees Snow White exit through the opposite side, through a section of dead, decaying trees. They proceed to chase her, but another appearance of the Heartless slows them down. After they destroy the Heartless, they continue into the Dark Forest.

The team arrives into a dark and grotesque forest, where the trees look like they’re about to attack, where gruesome eyes stare back at you and where gnarly tree branches look like out-stretching claws. Snow White’s shrieks lead the team through the area, as they fight Heartless after Heartless along the way. The map for this area is huge and made to deceive the direction you are taking. To make matters worse, the Heartless are endless in this area, so you’ll just have to fight your way to the exit. At the exit, you see a faint glimmer of sunlight reflect across the trees.

Snow White lies helpless on the forest floor, but Sora rushes to protect her form the countless eyes, which stare from the forest. However, the eyes actually belong to the friendly forest creatures. Snow White is relieved to find the Dwarves’ Cottage ahead. Apparently, the people who live here have been very kind to her. They enter the cottage together.

On the inside, it’s a complete mess. This is where the first mini-game takes place, titled “Whistle While You Work”. Snow White must use Sora’s help with the reaction command. During the mini-game, there is a time limit for how quickly all the chores can be done, but during the world’s storyline the mini game has no time limit. After successfully accomplishing the mini-game, Snow White starts to cook for the people who live there.

While exploring the cottage and it’s surrounding area, you’ll be able to walk up to the bedroom, where seven little beds and a save point is found. Behind the cottage, a washing trough is found, with floating bubbles ascending out of it. Snow White is worried about the cottage owners and wonder if something has happened. She urges Sora to go out and look for them. She tells them to head past the “log bridge.”

KingMickey

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
After leaving the cottage, the team enters the Garden Grove, a quiet little section of the woods, which overlooks seven hills and seven small waterfalls. In the area, the Heartless still appear, but are rather weak. You fight your way through the garden.

The team then arrives at the Log Bridge. A long tree log lies across a flowing river, which leads to a waterfall. Around beautiful, lush foliage surround the area. Don’t worry about falling off the log, because you’ll be able to jump back on it. No Heartless in this area!! You hear the distant sound of mining equipment, as you exit through a pathway in the woods.

The team arrives at the entrance of the Mine. Here, it looks like a big mound of land, with mining carts, rushing through small caverns of the mine. There is a save point just next to the entrance of the mine. At the entrance, there is a abandoned mine cart, which Sora, Donald and Goofy race through the mine.

Now it’s time for the next mini-game. Sora and the others race through the sparkling jeweled mine, trying to find all of the seven dwarves. The mine races at high speeds through the cavern, passing the working dwarves along the way. When a dwarf appears, press the reaction command to stop the cart and allow the dwarf on board. However, about halfway through the race, a disorienting cave-in will send the cart down unnoticeable paths. After successfully finding, Doc, Grumpy, Happy, Bashful, Sneezy, Sleepy and Dopey, the mine comes to a stop at the Mine Atrium, where the dwarves main digging and extracting is done.

Suddenly, the cave begins to shake, as the gems imbedded in the cave start to break and crash to the floor. A Heartless monster appears from the broken pieces of gem glass.

-Boss: Dark Shard-

This unusually translucent creature looks as though it’s been made of sharp pieces of glass. It could throw its sharp shards at the team, inflicting some damage. After each successful combo move, a piece of glass breaks off of the monster. Sora can use the reaction command “Break”, to deal some heavy damage. At the end of the battle, the Heartless monster has dwindled down to the size of a bug.

The Seven Dwarves are amazed at the team’s bravery and give them the Shard Shot ability.

Back at the cottage, Snow White is so happy to see the dwarves return and vice versa. The dwarves, minus Grumpy, are so happy to see Snow White has come back and made a wonderful dinner for them. Snow White tells them all about her stepmother’s plan. The dwarves agree to let her stay safely in their care. She is so happy to be staying with them. Sora, Donald and Goofy are content and leave for the Gummi Ship. Sora receives the Floral Fallal keyblade.

On the World Map, a new pathway has opened, Open Skyway.

Jiminy’s Journal- Fairytale Forest

Sora and the others reunite with Snow White. The Evil Queen had wanted so badly to be the fairest of them all, and had summoned her Magic Mirror, daily. She had sent her Huntsman to do away with Snow White and steal her heart. However, after a fight with Sora, was unable to. He had given the Queen a pig’s heart is replace of Snow White, tricking her.

Snow White and Sora came across a quaint, little cottage, where seven small dwarves lived. Snow White, who was friends with the dwarves, had been worried about their late arrival, so she sent Sora on a quest to look for them.

Sora and the others arrived at the Dwarves mine, where he successfully found all seven dwarves. Then, a glass Heartless appeared, but Sora easily vanquished it. They returned to the cottage, where the dwarves agreed to let Snow White stay with them.

Characters
  • Snow White
  • Evil Queen
  • Magic Mirror
  • The Huntsman
  • Doc
  • Grumpy
  • Happy
  • Bashful
  • Sneezy
  • Sleepy
  • Dopey

Abilities Gained:
-Shard Shot

Weapons Gained:
-Floral Fallal

Heartless:
-Shadow
-Creeper Plant
-Crescendo
-Leafer Creeper
-BroomShadow

Bosses:
The Huntsman, Dark Shard

mharrington

So the next world was themed to Snow White! Great job once again!

One question, though: is the Floral Fallal supposed to be this world's Keyblade? I also wonder if we should tweak it, at least visually, after Birth By Sleep comes out even in Japan.

Anyway, once more, great job!

I think the next world should be Olympus Coliseum. I also think that, as with the option of visiting either Beast's Castle or Land of Dragons first in KH2, you should be able to have the option of visiting either Native Campground or Fairytale Forest first in this game and that Native Campground is the default first option.

KingMickey

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
So the next world was themed to Snow White! Great job once again!

One question, though: is the Floral Fallal supposed to be this world's Keyblade? I also wonder if we should tweak it, at least visually, after Birth By Sleep comes out even in Japan.

Anyway, once more, great job!

I think the next world should be Olympus Coliseum. I also think that, as with the option of visiting either Beast's Castle or Land of Dragons first in KH2, you should be able to have the option of visiting either Native Campground or Fairytale Forest first in this game and that Native Campground is the default first option.

That is the world's keyblade. I'm not really considering Birth by Sleep a factor of this game right now, due to it far from being released and because Sora's not even the main protagonist in the game. Also, a lot could have happened to each of the worlds over 12 years.

Well, like in KH2, alot of the Gummi Paths were completely generic, so this may be one that may suprise you. Also, there's always an option of visiting certain worlds first. (Beast's Castle or Land of Dragons, Olympus Coliseum or Port Royal for 2nd visit) and even ik KHI (there was Monstro, Atlantica, and Halloweentown, as well as Wonderland, Coliseum or Deep Jungle.)

mharrington

That is the world's keyblade. I'm not really considering Birth by Sleep a factor of this game right now, due to it far from being released and because Sora's not even the main protagonist in the game. Also, a lot could have happened to each of the worlds over 12 years.

Well, like in KH2, alot of the Gummi Paths were completely generic, so this may be one that may suprise you. Also, there's always an option of visiting certain worlds first. (Beast's Castle or Land of Dragons, Olympus Coliseum or Port Royal for 2nd visit) and even ik KHI (there was Monstro, Atlantica, and Halloweentown, as well as Wonderland, Coliseum or Deep Jungle.)

Well, as of late, KH:BBS is pretty much just hypothetical when connecting this game with that. I was only making an observation. Things will probably be a bit different regardless of what happens.

I guess then that the Gummi paths will still be the same up-to-you-type function as in the past.

Also, as I promised earlier, I will now update the voice cast list, as per the additions of Native Campground and Fairytale Forest:

• HALEY JOEL OSMENT: Sora
  • DAVID GALLAGHER: Riku
  • HAYDEN PANETTIERE: Kairi
  • TONY ANSELMO: Donald Duck
  • BILL FARMER: Goofy; Pluto; Sleepy
  • SUSANNE BLAKESLEE: Maleficent; Evil Queen
  • DEE BRADLEY BAKER: Wakka
  • SHAUN FLEMING: Tidus
  • MOLLY KECK: Selphie Tilmitt
  • ???: King Mickey Mouse
  • ???: Queen Minnie Mouse
  • TRESS MACNEILLE: Daisy Duck; Chip
  • COREY BURTON: Dale; Magic Mirror; Huntsman; Grumpy; Captain Hook
  • EDDIE CARROLL: Jiminy Cricket
  • DOUG ERHOLTZ: Squall "Leon" Leonhart
  • CHRIS EDGERLY: Cid Highwind
  • MAE WHITMAN: Yuffie Kisaragi
  • ANDREA BOWEN: Aerith Gainsborough
  • JEFF BENNETT: Merlin; Bashful; Stupid; Mr. Smee
  • DAN CASTELLANETA: Genie
  • JIM CUMMINGS: Winnie the Pooh; Tigger; Doc; Baby Herman
  • IRENE BEDARD: Pocahontas
  • RUSSELL MEANS: Chief Powhattan
  • FRANK WELKER: Meeko; Flit; Wheezy
  • DONAL GIBSON: John Smith
  • LINDA HUNT: Grandmother Willow
  • DAVID OGDEN STIERS: Governor Ratcliffe
  • CAROLYN GARDNER: Snow White
  • JAMES ARNOLD TAYLOR: Happy; Captain Jack Sparrow
  • BOB JOLES: Sneezy
  • TATE DONOVAN: Hercules
  • ROBERT COSTANZO: Philoctetes
  • SUSAN EGAN: Megara
  • JAMES WOODS: Hades
  • JESS HARNELL: Roger Rabbit
  • ???: Eddie Valiant
  • ???: Judge Doom
  • KAT CRESSIDA: Jessica Rabbit
  • CHARLES FLEISCHER: Benny the Cab; Psycho
  • DAVID L. LANDER: Smarty
  • ???: Greasy
  • JODI BENSON: Ariel
  • ROBBY BENSON: Beast
  • PAIGE O'HARA: Belle
  • CHRIS STEELE: Peter Pan

Not too shabby, huh? I also made a slight modification in the previous listing, too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom