Kingdom Hearts III -Imagineering A Video Game

KingMickey

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Thank you!

I have one quick question regarding Jiminy's Journal.

Would it be better if I continued to add to the list of characters, abilities, story, i.e., for each world after a world revisit? So, the list would expand after each revisit?

Or should I only update Jiminy's Journal with the new characters and story, distinguishing what has been added to the world?

After I do a complete walkthrough of the game, I'm going to completely do Jiminy's Journal, with world storylines, complete character profiles and missions.

mharrington

Thank you!

I have one quick question regarding Jiminy's Journal.

Would it be better if I continued to add to the list of characters, abilities, story, i.e., for each world after a world revisit? So, the list would expand after each revisit?

Or should I only update Jiminy's Journal with the new characters and story, distinguishing what has been added to the world?

After I do a complete walkthrough of the game, I'm going to completely do Jiminy's Journal, with world storylines, complete character profiles and missions.

I'd say just distinguish between visits where the Journal is concerned. Anyway, I can't wait for your next level.

Disneyson 1

Me too. Maybe you could continually update the first page with the journal?

P.S. GREAT 1st scene, it really does have all the details in it that make the game. Keep it up!

KingMickey

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Thanks for the comments guys! I'll just update Jiminy's Journal after every revisit with the new stuff. At the end, I'll do a complete list of everything in the world (Including all characters, abilities and story.)

The next world hasn't been revealed yet.

mharrington

Sooo... when's the new world comin'?

Yes, when is it coming? The suspense is killing me!

Also, while we're on the subject of updates, I will update the list of the cast of characters now:

• HALEY JOEL OSMENT: Sora
  • DAVID GALLAGHER: Riku
  • HAYDEN PANETTIERE: Kairi
  • TONY ANSELMO: Donald Duck
  • BILL FARMER: Goofy; Pluto
  • SUSANNE BLAKESLEE: Maleficent
  • DEE BRADLEY BAKER: Wakka
  • ???: Tidus
  • MOLLY KECK: Selphie Tilmitt
  • ???: King Mickey Mouse
  • ???: Queen Minnie Mouse
  • KATH SOUCIE: Daisy Duck
  • TRESS MACNEILLE: Chip
  • COREY BURTON: Dale; Captain Hook
  • EDDIE CARROLL: Jiminy Cricket
  • DOUG ERHOLTZ: Leon (AKA Squall Leonhart)
  • CHRIS EDGERLY: Cid Highwind
  • MAE WHITMAN: Yuffie Kisaragi
  • MENA SUVARI: Aerith Gainsborough
  • JEFF BENNETT: Merlin; Stupid
  • DAN CASTELLANETA: Genie
  • JIM CUMMINGS: Winnie the Pooh; Tigger; Baby Herman
  • JESS HARNELL: Roger Rabbit
  • ???: Eddie Valiant
  • ???: Judge Doom
  • KAT CRESSIDA: Jessica Rabbit
  • CHARLES FLEISCHER: Benny the Cab; Psycho
  • DAVID L. LANDER: Smarty
  • ???: Greasy
  • JUNE FORAY: Wheezy
  • TATE DONOVAN: Hercules
  • ROBERT COSTANZO: Philoctetes
  • JAMES WOODS: Hades
  • JODI BENSON: Ariel
  • ROBBY BENSON: Beast
  • PAIGE O'HARA: Belle
  • JAMES ARNOLD TAYLOR: Captain Jack Sparrow
  • CHRIS STEELE: Peter Pan

Looking better and better all the time, huh? I can't wait for the next world!

KingMickey

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Also, while we're on the subject of updates, I will update the list of the cast of characters now:

• ???: Tidus
  • KATH SOUCIE: Daisy Duck
  • TRESS MACNEILLE: Chip
  • DOUG ERHOLTZ: Leon (AKA Squall Leonhart)
  • MENA SUVARI: Aerith Gainsborough
  • JEFF BENNETT: Merlin; Stupid
Looking better and better all the time, huh? I can't wait for the next world!
Very good list so far.

I think Tidus should be voiced by the same voice actor from KH1. However, I don't know who that voice actor is. All of the main characters (Sora, Kairi, Riku, Donald, Goofy) are all still going to be the same. Megara (from Hercules) will be voiced by Susan Egan. I'm still leaving King Mickey and Queen Minnie alone. Aerith should be voiced by Andrea Bowen (she did the voice in FF7:Crisis Core and I though she was pretty good at it.)

mharrington

Okay, I'll go back and edit your suggestions in (and make a few modifications of my own):

• SHAUN FLEMING: Tidus
  • TRESS MACNEILLE: Daisy Duck; Chip
  • DOUG ERHOLTZ: Squall "Leon" Leonhart
  • ANDREA BOWEN: Aerith Gainsborough
  • JEFF BENNETT: Merlin; Stupid; Mr. Smee
  • SUSAN EGAN: Megara

And by the way, when is the next world going to come? I can't wait!

In the meantime, disregarding the boss battle music theme(s), here are some of my suggestions for world-centric music themes (regular and battle) so far (in some cases, only one or the other may be seen for some worlds, as I don't know what others to use):

• DESTINY ISLANDS: Destiny Islands (regular); Bustin' Up On the Beach (battle)
  • DISNEY CASTLE: Mickey Mouse Club March (regular); Rowdy Rumble (battle)
  • RADIANT GARDEN: Reviving Hollow Bastion (regular); Scherzo di Notte (battle)
  • TOONTOWN: Hungarian Rhapsody #2 (battle)
  • HAUNTED GROUNDS: Grim Grinning Ghosts (regular)
  • NEVERLAND: Pirate's Gigue (battle)
  • OLYMPUS COLISEUM: Olympus Coliseum (regular; overworld); The Underworld (regular; underworld)
  • ATLANTICA: Under the Sea (regular); An Adventure In Atlantica (battle)
  • BEAST'S CASTLE: Waltz of the Darned (regular; that's not really what it's called, but I altered the name slightly to keep it clean); Dance of the Daring (battle)
  • PORT ROYAL: Night of the Cursed (regular); He's a Pirate (battle)

One more thing, what did you think of my list of Heartless ideas for this game (see this link here: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showpost.php?p=3573043&postcount=76)? I thought it was interesting, how about you? Can you please include them in?

KingMickey

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
By the way, when is the next world going to come? I can't wait!

In the meantime, disregarding the boss battle music theme(s), here are some of my suggestions for world-centric music themes (regular and battle) so far (in some cases, only one or the other may be seen for some worlds, as I don't know what others to use):

• DESTINY ISLANDS: Destiny Islands (regular); Bustin' Up On the Beach (battle)
  • DISNEY CASTLE: Mickey Mouse Club March (regular); Rowdy Rumble (battle)
  • RADIANT GARDEN: Reviving Hollow Bastion (regular); Scherzo di Notte (battle)
  • TOONTOWN: Hungarian Rhapsody #2 (battle)
  • HAUNTED GROUNDS: Grim Grinning Ghosts (regular)
  • NEVERLAND: Pirate's Gigue (battle)
  • OLYMPUS COLISEUM: Olympus Coliseum (regular; overworld); The Underworld (regular; underworld)
  • ATLANTICA: Under the Sea (regular); An Adventure In Atlantica (battle)
  • BEAST'S CASTLE: Waltz of the Darned (regular; that's not really what it's called, but I altered the name slightly to keep it clean); Dance of the Daring (battle)
  • PORT ROYAL: Night of the Cursed (regular); He's a Pirate (battle)
One more thing, what did you think of my list of Heartless ideas for this game (see this link here: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showpost.php?p=3573043&postcount=76)? I thought it was interesting, how about you? Can you please include them in?
The next world will be up soon. Most likely tomorrow.

Really nice music themes. Of course, Like in KHI-KH2, the musical arrangements will be slightly altered to bring new life into each world. Destiny Islands theme would be from KH2. I thought it was much more pleasant and serene.

It'd be neat for Haunted Mansion to have the Foyer Organ music as the regular theme, but once the Heartless appear, it switches over to the harsh music of the Ballroom. For Atlantica, I think I'd like a new theme. Idk, I feel like Under the Sea was overused and almost annoying in KH1. It didn't fit well with the majestic quality of exploring an underwater world. KH2's theme was okay, but there was no fighting. I think a new score would be best.

And yes, I saw your new Heartless list and they're all really amazing! They'll start sporadically appearing throughout the game. Some of them are actually included in the next world.

mharrington

I had another idea: after you clear the game (or maybe as you go through the game), you can unlock something not yet seen in the "regular" KH games: a Theater Mode option on the menu, in which you can watch all the cutscenes from the game without playing it. They would be all arranged by the worlds you travel to. That means you can see the cutscenes from, say, Neverland in one section, or those for Beast's Castle in another. How do you like that?

Also, I can't wait till tomorrow when you do put up your next world!

KingMickey

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I had another idea: after you clear the game (or maybe as you go through the game), you can unlock something not yet seen in the "regular" KH games: a Theater Mode option on the menu, in which you can watch all the cutscenes from the game without playing it. They would be all arranged by the worlds you travel to. That means you can see the cutscenes from, say, Neverland in one section, or those for Beast's Castle in another. How do you like that?

Also, I can't wait till tomorrow when you do put up your next world!
Yes, same style as what was done in Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories. It's a good idea. I think, after fully completing the game, the Theater Mode should be one of the unlockable goodies. And thanks for your constant anticipation for the new worlds!

mharrington

Yes, same style as what was done in Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories. It's a good idea. I think, after fully completing the game, the Theater Mode should be one of the unlockable goodies. And thanks for your constant anticipation for the new worlds!

There needs to be other goodies, too. Like maybe interviews with the cast or concept art galleries or something like that.

And thanks for your noticing that I'm anticipating of the next world! Oh, yeah, and also of my ideas for new Heartless enemies.

mharrington

Again, I tried to resist two posts back-to-back, but I want to make a suggestion. Now, I know you said you wanted to have six summonable characters for this game, but can we maybe shoot for seven? Because I have an idea for one more summon, but I don't want to eliminate the two mystery ones you have right now. Anyway, my new summon idea is from a seemingly-obscure animation-live action hybrid Disney movie, known as "Pete's Dragon". I, of course, am referring to Elliot the dragon from that movie as a summon!

Like I said, that would bring the total number of summons to an as-of-late-unheard-of seven! Two of them are still mysteries, plus:

• Genie
  • Tinker Bell
  • Benny the Cab
  • Winnie the Pooh and Tigger (similar to Peter Pan and Tinker Bell in KH2)
  • Elliot the Dragon

What do you think of that?

And once again, when are you putting up the next world? Because you said it would be up tomorrow, which is now today.

KingMickey

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
After successfully completing the first Gummi Ship Route, which is known as "Rocky Trails", the route leads to a new world on the World Map. You approach the world and decide to disembark.

Native Camp Ground

Sora, Donald and Goofy arrive in the familar settings, seen in Pocahontas. They take in the unfamilar settings around them. They are in the Native Camp. A fire pit in the middle of a dirt circular path, surrounded by a variety of cottage huts, of all sizes and scale. The hand-made cottages lie just before the brush of various vegetation, which encircle the encampment. Just as the team is about to explore, a familiar voice calls upon them.

Chief Powhotan, leader of the Indian tribe, approaches the three strangers. The Chief shows discontent in having strangers in their territory. Before any action takes place, Pocahontas arrives from within one of the tents and approaces the team. She is followed by Meeko and Flit, who scurry along closely behind her. Just as Pocahontas reaches them, a league of Heartless arrive, forcing Sora and them team into battle.

The chief interrogates them, asking whether or not they brought these strange creatures with them. Sora denies having any affiliation with the Heartless. He gains the trust of both Chief Powhatan and Pocahontas. The chief allows Sora to stay in their camp. In the only open Tent, lies a save point, as well as a Moogle Sythesis station. In the tent, the fabric walls are lined with weapons and native belongings. Pocahontas is intrigued by the new visitors and would like to travel along with them.

At this point, Pocahontas can join the group as a party member. Her fighting weapon is a sharp dagger. She joins the team and they head out of the camp.

They arrive in the Camp Outskirts, a plain space of land, surrounded by a field of corn. On the opposite side of the camp, lies a path which leads into the forest. The Heartless emerge from within the variety of corn stalks, as the team fights their way past. After the battle, Sora explains what the Heartless exactly are to Pocahontas. She decides to take them to someone who might be able to help them with the Heartless. They continue into the forest.

Meanwhile, in a settlement being constructed, settlers, John Smith and Radcliffe arrive. The fellow settlers are moving equipment and constructing a high wooden wall around their Settlement. John Smith takes off to explore the area. However, Radcliffe has other plans in mind.

Back in the Pine Forest, Sora and the team continue to travel, fighting Heartless along the way. They move past the brush of trees and into the next area.

They arrive in the Forest Trails area. There are three cleared paths through the trees. The path straight ahead of you takes you to the River. The path to your left takes you to the Overhanging Cliffs, which looks over the flowing river. The path to your right takes you to the Settlement. Pocahontas states to take the straight path. However, if you take the path to the Overhanging Cliffs, you'll find a treasure chest, containing an Ether. But if you go to the Settlement, you'll find that the area in currenly unaccessible.

Just as the team leaves the area, John Smith arrives.

The team arrives at the River, where a docked canoe is awaiting. The group of three board the canoe and continue their way down the curve of the river. The player actually controls the direction of the canoe. As the canoe, moves around the riverbend, past the flowing waterfalls, a Heartless monster appears from within the river.

-Boss: River Reaper-
HP- 250

This is one of the unique battles of the game. Considering the team is steering the canoe, all weapons are unusable. Of course, they;ll just have to compromise by using the canoe oars, instead!

The River Reaper will proceed to go under the water and try to overturn the canoe. With the reaction command "Balance", you'll remain just fine. Continue to attack the monster everytime he gets close enough to the canoe. By the time you've reached landing, the monster has been defeated and sinks back into the river. You are rewarded with the Jump Strike ability.

A pair of unsuspected eyes watch the team…

KingMickey

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
They land at the Grove Entrance, a smooth rock landing, which leads behind the flowing leaves of a willow tree. Once inside the Tree Grove, Pocahontas introduces you to Grandmother Willow, the living tree. Sora asks her whether there is a way to fully defeat the Heartless, as Meeko and Flit scurry around the forest environment. The wise willow tree responds by saying “listen to your heart”. Of course, this doesn’t offer much help to Sora, Donald or Goofy. They thank Grandmother Willow. There’s a save point located in the tree grove. You leave the grove and decide to head back to the village.

Just as you are about to board the canoe, John Smith descends from within the tree brush, holding the team at gun point. They draw their weapons. John recants and explains that he was hunting. He meant no harm to any of them. Then, John notices the beauty of Pocahontas. He explains that he has traveled from England, along with many other settlers. Pocahontas is comfortable around him and wants him to come back to her village. They board the canoe and continue down the river.

Meanwhile, Radcliffe has summoned the Heartless. He’s planned to take over the native’s campground and claim this world as his own. He arrives at the Native Camp, with an army of Heartless, as Powhotan defends his territory.

KingMickey

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Back the Forest Trails, the team, Pocahontas and John continue to make their way through the forest, fighting Heartless along the way. John points Pocahontas in the direction of his settlement, so that she knows where to find him. You continue through the pine forest, up to the camp outskirts, where they see the attack on the camp. You rush inside the camp barriers to see what’s happening.

Radcliffe stands before you, holding Chief Powhotan hostage. Pocahontas rushed to him, only to be blocked by a wall of mounting Heartless. The team faces off in a match against Radcliffe.

-Boss: Radcliffe-
HP- 350

Radcliffe is a fairly easy boss. He attacks with a narrow sword. His movements are fairly minimal and easy to dodge. In fact, you’ll get most of the damage done by his Heartless sidekicks. Don’t bother to try and kill them, because he’ll only continue summoning them.

You’ll often find that Radcliffe usually says something before starting a combo attack movement. Use this note to your advantage and really show him how to fight!

After the fight, Radcliffe falls, but he is unrelenting. He summons more Heartless. In a moment of opportunity, John Smith attacks Radcliffe, only to be critically injured. The Heartless turn on Radcliffe and start to approach him. It seems as though the darkness in his heart has got the better of him, using him as a tool to control the darkness. The Heartless attack him and devour him in darkness. In the end, not a trace of the Heartless or Radcliffe is left behind.

Pocahontas rushes to John’s side, to tend to his wounds. Powhotan agrees to let John stay in their care, until he’s ready to be on his own again. Neither John nor Pocahontas seem to mind. Pocahontas’ necklace glows and detaches itself. It floats into midair. The necklace builds up a ray of energy, which reveals the keyhole. Sora takes the Keyblade and points it in the keyhole’s direction, sending a ray of light, locking the keyhole. The necklace descends into the hands of Pocahontas.

Pocahontas tells them to visit anytime they’d like. Sora, Donald and Goofy take up her offer and make their way back to the Gummi Ship. They obtain the Blizzard spell.

A new pathway has opened.

Jiminy’s Journal- Native Camp Ground

Sora and the team met up with Pocahontas and her father, Chief Powhotan. At first, it took some convincing for the Chief to trust them, but he warmed up to them.

Pocahontas took Sora and the others to Grandmother Willow, who told them to follow their heart’s decisions. Afterwards, they met John Smith, a brave young settler who apparently sailed to this land, along with the other settlers and Radcliffe. Radcliffe, however, had other plans.

Radcliffe used the power of darkness to try and overthrow this world. However, it got the better of him. John, crucially injured, was taken into the care of Pocahontas and her father. Pocahontas’ necklace revealed the keyhole, as Sora sealed it.

Characters
  • Pocahontas
  • Chief Powhotan
  • Meeko
  • Flit
  • John Smith
  • Grandmother Willow
  • Radcliffe
Abilities Gained:
-Jump Strike
-Blizzard

Heartess:
-Shadow
-Creeper Plant
-Crescendo
-Powerwild
-Bouncywild
-Dark Root
-Needlestick

Bosses:
River Reaper, Radcliffe

Disneyson 1

No way is this the end... neither "Colors of the Wind" nor the epic "Take me instead!" part happened! And what about the whole "arranged marriage" business? Does that come in later, or at all...? Anyway, FANTASTIC first part. I can't wait for some pug action (which I assume will be coming in a later installment?)

mharrington

No way is this the end... neither "Colors of the Wind" nor the epic "Take me instead!" part happened! And what about the whole "arranged marriage" business? Does that come in later, or at all...? Anyway, FANTASTIC first part. I can't wait for some pug action (which I assume will be coming in a later installment?)

Well, KingMickey has stated that during the game, there will be a sort of turn of events-type deal that dictates revisiting the worlds, like how you revisit many of the worlds in KH2. So who knows? Maybe all that will occur much later in the game.

Anyway, GREAT JOB on the first Disney movie-themed world! I can't wait for the next one now! Will it be an existing world or a brand-new one?

By the way, what did you think of my idea of Elliot the dragon (from "Pete's Dragon") as a summon?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom