Kingdom Hearts III -Imagineering A Video Game

mharrington

I have to say, KingMickey, that you did it again! It's wonderful! You've even expanded the number of movie characters even further. I also have ideas for Olympus Coliseum tournament cups:

• Cyclops Cup
  • Hydra Cup
  • Zeus Cup
  • Hercules Cup
  • Hades Cup

One question, though: you said the next Gummi Ship world is Sunlight Storm. In KH2, that lead to the Pride Lands. I thought you weren't using the Pride Lands as a returning world, though. Is this world different?

KingMickey

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I have to say, KingMickey, that you did it again! It's wonderful! You've even expanded the number of movie characters even further. I also have ideas for Olympus Coliseum tournament cups:

• Cyclops Cup
  • Hydra Cup
  • Zeus Cup
  • Hercules Cup
  • Hades Cup
One question, though: you said the next Gummi Ship world is Sunlight Storm. In KH2, that lead to the Pride Lands. I thought you weren't using the Pride Lands as a returning world, though. Is this world different?
Thank you! There are even more characters on the way. As for tournaments, Hercules Zeus and Hades will all be there. I might do some changing to either Cyclops or Hydra. Maybe the Muses should have their own tournament? I also have plans for two more bonus tournaments, whose names are no based on Hercules characters. These tournaments showcase two of the seven hidden bosses.

Yes, I know that Sunlight Storm is the gummi shio route for Pride Lands. Pride Lands is not returning, I just used the same name as the gummi route.

KingMickey

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
By the way, do you know where the cups will take place?
Probably back in the regular coliseum. The Underdrome will be closed off for now and there wouldn't be any type of battle arena on Mount Olypmus. So, most likely the regular Coliseum.

mharrington

Probably back in the regular coliseum. The Underdrome will be closed off for now and there wouldn't be any type of battle arena on Mount Olypmus. So, most likely the regular Coliseum.

Okay. I actually was thinking it might be Mount Olympus, just to vary things here.

And by the way, I was thinking about how when this game gets released in Europe, here are some of the foreign language names of some of the worlds to be featured thus far. However, these are only for the game in French and German (with their respective English translations beside them in parentheses):

FRENCH:
  • Île du Destin (Destiny Islands)
  • Château Disney (Disney Castle)
  • Jardin Radieux (Radiant Garden)
  • Au Sol de Camp Indienne (Native Campground)
  • Forêt de Conte de Fées (Fairytale Forest)
  • Chateau de France (same as in English)
  • Colisée de l'Olympe (Olympus Coliseum)
  • Toonville (Toontown)
  • Raisons Hantées (Haunted Grounds)
  • Port Royal (same as in English)
  • Pays Imaginaire (Neverland)

GERMAN:
  • Insel des Schicksals (Destiny Islands)
  • Schloss Disney (Disney Castle)
  • Radiant Garden (same as in English)
  • Gebürtiger Lagerboden (Native Campground)
  • Märchenwald (Fairytale Forest)
  • Schloss von Frankreich (Chateau de France)
  • Arena des Olymps (Olympus Coliseum)
  • Toon-Town (Toontown)
  • Frequentierter Boden (Haunted Grounds)
  • Nimmerland (Neverland)

Mind you, that's just for the worlds we have thus far. Once the rest of the worlds are put up (that is, the rest of the game), the worlds will be updated to include them all.

KingMickey

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Okay. I actually was thinking it might be Mount Olympus, just to vary things here.

And by the way, I was thinking about how when this game gets released in Europe, here are some of the foreign language names of some of the worlds to be featured thus far. However, these are only for the game in French and German (with their respective English translations beside them in parentheses):

FRENCH:
  • Île du Destin (Destiny Islands)
  • Château Disney (Disney Castle)
  • Jardin Radieux (Radiant Garden)
  • Au Sol de Camp Indienne (Native Campground)
  • Forêt de Conte de Fées (Fairytale Forest)
  • Chateau de France (same as in English)
  • Colisée de l'Olympe (Olympus Coliseum)
  • Toonville (Toontown)
  • Raisons Hantées (Haunted Grounds)
  • Pays Imaginaire (Neverland)

GERMAN:
  • Insel des Schicksals (Destiny Islands)
  • Schloss Disney (Disney Castle)
  • Radiant Garden (same as in English)
  • Gebürtiger Lagerboden (Native Campground)
  • Märchenwald (Fairytale Forest)
  • Schloss von Frankreich (Chateau de France)
  • Arena des Olymps (Olympus Coliseum)
  • Toon-Town (Toontown)
  • Frequentierter Boden (Haunted Grounds)
  • Nimmerland (Neverland)
Mind you, that's just for the worlds we have thus far. Once the rest of the worlds are put up (that is, the rest of the game), the worlds will be updated to include them all.
Wow. The game would only be released in Japanese and American languages, though. Even countries and continents outside of America would be in English. And that's taking it a bit farther than what I wanted to go with translations and what not.

mharrington

Wow. The game would only be released in Japanese and American languages, though. Even countries and continents outside of America would be in English. And that's taking it a bit farther than what I wanted to go with translations and what not.

But the spoken dialog is translated, though.

KingMickey

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
But the spoken dialog is translated, though.
Do you mean the subtitles? Because there are only two voice actors for each character. One English and one Japanese. I'm not even sure if any dialgue, spoken or written wise, is changed between the continents. And the spoken dialog wouldn't effect the name change of the world. Let's not do translations for this game.

Disneyson 1

WOW. I really wasn't expecting another one quite so soon! Really good, I can't believe how you stretched this movie so well. I love The Muses, so YES, they should have their own tournament (Well, at least Thalia...)! So there's this last one, Toontown, and then are there more? Or does the plot twist start there?

Anyway, when do you think another world will be up, considering how quickly you got this one done?

KingMickey

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
WOW. I really wasn't expecting another one quite so soon! Really good, I can't believe how you stretched this movie so well. I love The Muses, so YES, they should have their own tournament (Well, at least Thalia...)! So there's this last one, Toontown, and then are there more? Or does the plot twist start there?

Anyway, when do you think another world will be up, considering how quickly you got this one done?
Thanks! I know, three worlds in less than 24 hours! Updates are coming even faster than I expected.

Thalia=My favorite Disney character of all time. Lol

Toontown is not the next world, but it's soon. So, after Toontown, there are six worlds and the optional world AND THEN the turning point. Soon the Olympus Coliseum cups will start taking place.

The next world will probably be up tomorrow. I hope to get the next two worlds done by tomorrow night. I'm trying to get as much as I can done.

Why? Because, come this next Wednesday, I'm leaving these boards for a good two week vacation at WDW. So, I'm hoping to get far into the game, before the two week hiatus. I'm hoping to go all the way to the end of the turning point, so I leave the story on a lovely, two-week cliffhanger.

Disneyson 1

OOOH! So we get, like, 2 worlds tomorrow?!? Well, if you can, no pressure. And then you're leaving... next Wednesday? And we're getting, like, about a world a day? Exciting! Oh! And congrats on your trip! Who knows, maybe I'll release something for 2 weeks in between...

KingMickey

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
OOOH! So we get, like, 2 worlds tomorrow?!? Well, if you can, no pressure. And then you're leaving... next Wednesday? And we're getting, like, about a world a day? Exciting! Oh! And congrats on your trip! Who knows, maybe I'll release something for 2 weeks in between...
Well, you'd actually be getting two worlds a day. Possible even three. I'm trying to schedule the worlds in the enxt week, so I can do the remainder of the first worlds visits and then the turning point on Tuesday, the day before I leave. And then I'll completely leave the boards for two weeks, leaving any trace of the characters or world's well-being unknown.

I hope you do post something while I'm away. It'll be something nice to come back to when I return. After I come back, I'll resume the project from where I left off.

mharrington

Do you mean the subtitles? Because there are only two voice actors for each character. One English and one Japanese. I'm not even sure if any dialgue, spoken or written wise, is changed between the continents. And the spoken dialog wouldn't effect the name change of the world. Let's not do translations for this game.

Okay, well, the fact is, they usually dub over the characters in international versions of the game. So are you saying that the release of KH3 should be limited solely to Japan and the USA? Because then that wouldn't be fair to Europe. Here are the release dates of all the KH games in Europe (I'm not sure if it's all European countries; the primary examples of European countries here being France, Germany and the U.K.):

• November 15, 2002 (KH1)
  • May 6, 2005 (KH: CoM)
  • September 29, 2006 (KH2)
  • October 2, 2009 (KH 358/2)

So please just hear me out on this one. They do dub over the voices for the game, depending on the country. I honestly feel we should keep doing it like that. Maybe (just maybe) I will create lists of international voices. However, bear in mind that if I do that, it will not be happening until after you do the whole game. So don't worry, you don't have to worry about that right now. But they do dub over for foreign versions of the game, depending on the country.

I'm trying to schedule the worlds in the enxt week, so I can do the remainder of the first worlds visits and then the turning point on Tuesday, the day before I leave. And then I'll completely leave the boards for two weeks, leaving any trace of the characters or world's well-being unknown.

I hope you do post something while I'm away. It'll be something nice to come back to when I return. After I come back, I'll resume the project from where I left off.

Well, I certainly will try and do some posting in your absence. And I hope your trip to WDW for two weeks is fun! I certainly wish I could go to WDW. But it's just too miserable in the summer for me.

Anyway, I hope to hear for the next world real soon...

KingMickey

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Okay, well, the fact is, they usually dub over the characters in international versions of the game. So are you saying that the release of KH3 should be limited solely to Japan and the USA? Because then that wouldn't be fair to Europe. Here are the release dates of all the KH games in Europe (I'm not sure if it's all European countries; the primary examples of European countries here being France, Germany and the U.K.):

• November 15, 2002 (KH1)
  • May 6, 2005 (KH: CoM)
  • September 29, 2006 (KH2)
  • October 2, 2009 (KH 358/2)
So please just hear me out on this one. They do dub over the voices for the game, depending on the country. I honestly feel we should keep doing it like that. Maybe (just maybe) I will create lists of international voices. However, bear in mind that if I do that, it will not be happening until after you do the whole game. So don't worry, you don't have to worry about that right now. But they do dub over for foreign versions of the game, depending on the country.

Well, I certainly will try and do some posting in your absence. And I hope your trip to WDW for two weeks is fun! I certainly wish I could go to WDW. But it's just too miserable in the summer for me.

Anyway, I hope to hear for the next world real soon...
I'm saying that Kingdom Hearts HAS only been voiced in English and Japanese voice actors. It doesn't matter if voice translations are done in foreign versions of games because in the Kingdom Hearts series, they don't do foreign translations. So, it's already been unfair to Europe, Germany and France. Same goes for the entire Final Fantasy Series.

I honestly don't want to bring nationalities and other countries into this. It's not like I'm against other parts of the world and I'M DEFINITELY NOT AGAINST OTHER COUNTRIES, but having complete translations of this game would be leading this thread into a completely different direction. I personally don't want a translatation of the faux game that I imagineered. This is supposed to be a walkthrough of the game. Going into translations of the game in other languages would just be losing the fun of creating the game, which is what this thread was for. And I, and many people, as well, would not even know who anyone on the translation list would be, in the first place.

It'd be different if it was a theme park or an attraction found in a specific country, but I am solely doing this game as an American version. So, I'm sorry but I'm going to have to say no to translations.

And I really don't know how much you're going to be able to post, considering I'm leaving the game on a cliffhanger. And after I post the cliffhanger, I won't be replying to the thread until I return.

mharrington

I'm saying that Kingdom Hearts HAS only been voiced in English and Japanese voice actors. It doesn't matter if voice translations are done in foreign versions of games because in the Kingdom Hearts series, they don't do foreign translations. So, it's already been unfair to Europe, Germany and France. Same goes for the entire Final Fantasy Series.

I honestly don't want to bring nationalities and other countries into this. It's not like I'm against other parts of the world and I'M DEFINITELY NOT AGAINST OTHER COUNTRIES, but having complete translations of this game would be leading this thread into a completely different direction. I personally don't want a translatation of the faux game that I imagineered. This is supposed to be a walkthrough of the game. Going into translations of the game in other languages would just be losing the fun of creating the game, which is what this thread was for. And I, and many people, as well, would not even know who anyone on the translation list would be, in the first place.

It'd be different if it was a theme park or an attraction found in a specific country, but I am solely doing this game as an American version. So, I'm sorry but I'm going to have to say no to translations.

And I really don't know how much you're going to be able to post, considering I'm leaving the game on a cliffhanger. And after I post the cliffhanger, I won't be replying to the thread until I return.

Well, I know we are discussing primarily the American version after it comes in from Japan. And I'm not saying that there needs to be translations of the game in other languages. I didn't realize that there weren't other translations of the game besides English and Japanese. I was just making an innocent observation. So maybe we should just drop the translations and such. Let's just pretend this part of the thread never happened and move on. But first, let me say in my defense that I never intended that we really translate anything. I was just making a statement that I thought might have fit within this thread. But I guess it doesn't. So let's just move on. I'm fine with it. I didn't even want to do international things anyway, really.

Oh, and by the way, as of tomorrow (I don't when, though), I will not be able to do much responding for a few days; I'm going to go to a funeral.

And when are we doing Neverland or Port Royal?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom