Keepsakes from your trip that don't cost you a thing......

mickeymatt

Original Poster
What are some keepsakes that you keep from your visits that you didn't have to purchase from a gift shop or the like? For instance, on one trip we kept the mickey shaped bowl that our child's meal came in from a CS meal. We still use it for her lunches today and wash it in the dishwasher. It has held up suprisingly well.

Other things:
Unused left over napkins from meals. I put them in my daughter's school lunches for a extra-magical day!)
Mickey shaped sprinkles from chef mickey's ice cream bar. (I put them on my daughter's ice cream at home for speacial treats.)

Ok, your turn!

DecWDW

I have a Christmas styrofoam cup from last year. Amazingly, it's held up even through the dishwasher, and I use it at least weekly. I also keep my tickets and any empty gift cards.

stitch & lilo

ditto to everything! plus my friends have taken the towel creatures :eek: and i have wanted to sneak a colorful bowl from chef mickey! also have asked for empty cups and popcorn holders to cut up for scrapbooking. And all the free stickers from the DVC kiosks and mickey ones from the shops.

accord99cutie

Premium Member
ditto to everything! plus my friends have taken the towel creatures :eek: .
Is this really a bad thing?!?!?!.... I never knew!!!! I took one of mine home with me... it was in my living room for display, but has moved its way to the bathroom... still wont ever use the towels or anything, i really just love the bunny!!!!
I also keep our Key to the World cards, the resort shampoo, conditioners, and lotion, and have cups from Pleasure island, as well as the mickey confetti pieces cast members gave to my daughter when getting our stroller in the mornings...

mickeymatt

Original Poster
ditto to everything! plus my friends have taken the towel creatures :eek: and i have wanted to sneak a colorful bowl from chef mickey! also have asked for empty cups and popcorn holders to cut up for scrapbooking. And all the free stickers from the DVC kiosks and mickey ones from the shops.
Free stickers from DVC kiosks? Great tip I will seek them out next time!
Also I forgot the styrofoam cups from the resort room. If you stick them in your luggage every day mousekeeping will bring you more. Great tips!

I collect the mickey soaps...I take them home by the suitcase full. lol Keep all my key cards and used tickets, park maps. My son got a "captains license" on the Jungle cruise one time. He has that on his corkboard in his room.

DisneyGigi

park maps, pixie dust from our table at Crystal Palace, Soap & shampoo from resort, extra napkins, tickets, receipts etc. I keep everything. :)

Krack2

I've got a poster that they gave out for free when you came through the gates at Disneyland on the day of Snow White's 50th Anniversary (1987). I figure if I ever have a little girl, it might look good in her bedroom.

DisneyCanadian

• park maps
  • soaps and shampoos from the resort
  • "Year of a Million Dreams" Mickey ears
  • a sword from Cinderella's Royal Table
  • photopass pictures: control print screen

RNRguy

* tickets
* key to world cards
* mickey coasters from the resort
* napkins
* resort packet folder
*luggage Tag.(actully went to domincan republic with me in 08 and 09)
*photo pass card
*maps

* going back in 61 days...cant wait!:sohappy::ROFLOL:

MarkTwain

I collect the mickey soaps...I take them home by the suitcase full. lol Keep all my key cards and used tickets, park maps. My son got a "captains license" on the Jungle cruise one time. He has that on his corkboard in his room.

Bahahaha yes! :lol: We have an entire closet-full of Disney shampoos and soaps we've collected over the years from dozens of trips to WDW hotels/DVC. Who needs to buy soap anymore? :p :lookaroun

Beside the handful of pins I tend to buy each time I go, I routinely keep our tickets and Key to the World cards, which I keep in a pouch on a DCL Castaway Club lanyard. I also collect one of each park map at every resort visit, so I always have the most up-to-date set of maps on hand.

At Disneyland they give out "Autopia Drivers Licenses" and special buttons I still have. And I also have a sword from the Cinderella's Royal Table.

Tiggerfanatic

My KTTW cards, MVMCP tickets & wristbands, EMH wristbands, my monorail pilot's card, toiletries, birthday card from the CG, confetti from our table, shopping bags, the laundy bag from our resort, luggage tags, a Mickey straw from one of our drinks, the welcome package from the resort, and one towel animal (a turkey from Thanksgiving '06)....that about sums it up.

Oh, almost forgot, a couple Magical Moments certificates, and a really nice note that the CM from the England pavilion included in my purchase that I had delivered to my rooom.

foreverbelle

The toiletries are always a must. I started this thing a few years back, where I grab a napkin and some crayons and color the napkin and date it. I dont know I usually just outline the castle and what not. But I keep it for some reason I just do. And I have them, in a notebook for days that I just need that smile to remind me...

I am sure there are others, but thats probably the two..oh and our keys to the world cards. I keep those as well. Nostalgia reasons. But they make for great scrapbooking fillers as well.

WishIwasThere

Those nifty 3D glases they give you to watch the shows... I especially like the bug eyes from ITTBAB.:p

Just kidding

Monorail pilot license
Feathers from Iiago that come from the him at the end of the show (Tiki room)
At mission space they used to give certificates for the game that is in the post show area.
Park maps...been collecting these for years, kind of fun to look back at the ones from the 80's and see what's new and how they have changed through the years. The earliest one I have, actually my dad has it, is from 1973 when Pirates first opened. MK looks pretty bleak in that one. No space, no splash, no BTMRR, no COP, no toontown...hey kind-of looks like HKDL.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom