Keepsakes from your trip that don't cost you a thing......

wdwwdeagle

ok..security..we have no record of any CM's giving out these napkins...:lol:
picture.php

Okay, okay, I confess: Her exact words were, "well, they're not for sale, but I wouldn't cry if one went missing after your meal." Throwing caution to the wind, I took that to mean I could take it, so in plain view I folded it neatly and placed it in my purse. Bring on the handcuffs, stockade, waterboard, what have you! (hahaha.)

And I'd like to say, let's just keep it that way... meaning, no record of CMs giving away napkins.... I wouldn't want to get her in trouble! She was a great waitress.

Also, an edit to my previous post:
Much to my dismay, I don't seem to have a map of the CR. I guess they didn't give us one. Maybe they don't even have them since it's pretty much all one building. Anyone know? If they do, I might just stop by the front desk one day on our next trip and pick one up for nostalgia's sake.

dixiepixie

Same here to all of the above...

Soap/Shampoo from the room. We still have some from our trip back in 2007.
Confetti..small and large, I have some from Playhouse Disney way back in 2002 when it stil had Bear in the Big Blue House.
Barf Bag from our very first ride on MS, un-used...:hurl: :p
Napkins
the kids have "wings" from riding in the front of the monorail with the driver from many years ago
also have a "license" from Sci-Fi Diner
lot's of Kid-______ things from Epcot
KTTK
Resort Maps
Park Maps
Pins from the parks, DD's fav is her Honorary Citizen of Walt Disney World Resort she got from a CM on Main Street USA, mine is from my free birthday visit this year
Basically anyhting I can get my hands on..."legally" :shrug::lookaroun
...we also have swords and wands from CRT Birthday Dinner (along with "gifted" engraved wine glass set...my DH says they were not "free" though after he saw the bill for our party of 9 :eek:

sweetpee_1993

This is an awesome thread! I totally enjoyed reading everybody's "freebies". It's so funny how such trivial little things can be treasures to those of us who love WDW so dearly.

My aunt asked me after returning a couple trips back if I had any of the laundry bags on hand. I was like "Uh...no???" She was shocked I never thought to keep them. She then went on to tell me how she has this whole collection of them. It was so funny to me!

We've saved stuff like the toiletries, KTTW cards, old passes/tix, P&P Party & MVMCP maps, tix, and loot bags, swords & wands from CRT, the modern art print that they "gift" you in your room at the Contemporary, resort stationary, pens, a few napkins here & there, Photopass cards, our anniversary buttons, Magical Moments certificates, monorail pilot licenses, Sci-Fi Dine-In driver's licenses, transportation trading cards (the bus drivers & monorail CMs can usually hook the kids up early in the mornings if you ask nicely), backscratchers from our backscratcher drinky-drinks at Ohana, and leis from the Poly. I'm sure there's more stuff but I can't think of it right now. I don't really collect anything specifically. If I see something & think of keeping it I do. Oh! A few years ago my boys got a real kick out of having park maps in other languages. They even asked my aunt to bring them some from her trips. LOL! And my youngest is Mr. Adventure. There's no telling what kind of junk I'll pull from his pockets at the end of a day. I know for a fact the kid has lifted various pebbles and/or rocks that he's found on the ground. He has a "thing" for rocks (but I sure don't enjoy "finding" them in the washer or dryer...:lookaroun). Oh! Also when the hubby & I did our lunch w/an Imagineer we kept our nametags and, of course, the cool "gift" our Imagineer gave us at the end with his autograph. That's one of my favs.

**edit**
I can't believe I forgot this! We have our Dream Ears with our names embroidered on with the old-school machines that used to be at the Chapeau! I cried when we "won" them!

natalia1681

Speaking of taking the toiletries, last year, by best friend was able to join for a trip to Disney World (her first trip ever!). We stayed at OKW. During our trip, she snagged several soaps and shampoos and notepads. For my birthday this year, I received a package form her with all the soaps, etc. It was a great gift to open!!:wave:

jmcdougall

Over the years I've pretty much saved everything mentioned here...one of my favorites, though, are the plastic cups they used to serve smoothies in at Auntie Gravity's...unfortunately, they don't have them anymore, but the three I've saved have held up really well :)

are you talking about the clear plastic cups with the castle on them? If so we have found them at the Caribbean Beach resort in the food court serving smoothies. I have about 6 and plan to get more on my next trip. Janine

Tiggerfanatic

Just out of interest, who was the cast member?
Sorry it took so long to answer you....finally had 5 minutes to go look for the card!! Anywho, the CM's name was James Hare. I was buying some soccer jerseys, and a N. Ireland jacket for my daughter. He asked me who I was buying them for, and we got to talking and I told him about DD attending college in the UK - we just had a very nice chat. Than after I got home and was emptying the bag getting ready to wrap stuff for Christmas. I found his note. I thought it was a really nice gesture - just made the magic last a little longer.

Jerriko

Our free souviner came nine monthe later from our honeymoon at WDW!! :)

Ok j/k it was a few months later that happened, though most people we know were quite surprised it didn't happen there... lol

Coolest free keepsake was actually a two parter. do to certain circumstances, me and my wife ended up going to disney on two seperate times. so I set up a photo scavenger hunt. I took pictures from all over the resort and had her find and photograph the same shots. If it was a character she got the characer pictures signing my photo.

Stitch_626_UK

Sorry it took so long to answer you....finally had 5 minutes to go look for the card!! Anywho, the CM's name was James Hare. I was buying some soccer jerseys, and a N. Ireland jacket for my daughter. He asked me who I was buying them for, and we got to talking and I told him about DD attending college in the UK - we just had a very nice chat. Than after I got home and was emptying the bag getting ready to wrap stuff for Christmas. I found his note. I thought it was a really nice gesture - just made the magic last a little longer.

ahh i was just wondering cos i use to put little surprise "gifts" in peoples bags when i sent them off to package pickup/resorts. but only for the nice guests :lookaroun

heartodisney

Okay, okay, I confess: Her exact words were, "well, they're not for sale, but I wouldn't cry if one went missing after your meal." Throwing caution to the wind, I took that to mean I could take it, so in plain view I folded it neatly and placed it in my purse. Bring on the handcuffs, stockade, waterboard, what have you! (hahaha.)

And I'd like to say, let's just keep it that way... meaning, no record of CMs giving away napkins.... I wouldn't want to get her in trouble! She was a great waitress.

Also, an edit to my previous post:
Much to my dismay, I don't seem to have a map of the CR. I guess they didn't give us one. Maybe they don't even have them since it's pretty much all one building. Anyone know? If they do, I might just stop by the front desk one day on our next trip and pick one up for nostalgia's sake.[/QUOTE
NO MAP! Yhis is not good..I do hope on your next visit you will be able to obtain one! This is always one to cherish! By the way, security got lost, you can come back out now...:lol:

Lord Pheonix

imagine getting one of the cars from the tomorrowland speedway and dropping a harly engine and transmission in it, ud have the coolest gocart around.

is it wrong to bring a crowbar and pry up one of the red bricks from the mk walkway?
if so, i wont tell u about that one....

hahah

mousebymarriage

We keep:

-Resort room toiletries
-room key/park tickets
-vacation folder(the one you get at check in)
-luggage tags
-maps
-towel animals (my kids each kept 1 from the last trip)
-shopping bags
-confetti
-stirrers
-lei's we received at O'hanas for our anniversary
-resort pens
-pins (Magical Gathering, celebration , birthday etc.)
-Disney birthday card signed by Mickey
-Year of a Millions Dreams certificate (son was the "Big Kahuana" at Typhoon Lagoon)

*wow I keep way too much crap from Disney!:lol:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
We keep:

-Resort room toiletries
-room key/park tickets
-vacation folder(the one you get at check in)
-luggage tags
-maps
-towel animals (my kids each kept 1 from the last trip)
-shopping bags
-confetti
-stirrers
-lei's we received at O'hanas for our anniversary
-resort pens
-pins (Magical Gathering, celebration , birthday etc.)
-Disney birthday card signed by Mickey
-Year of a Millions Dreams certificate (son was the "Big Kahuana" at Typhoon Lagoon)

*wow I keep way too much crap from Disney!:lol:

Towel animals...? :eek:

Do you normally feel the need to take hotel towels home? :lookaroun

maps
soups and etc...
the bags
the key to the world

Once from the maids cart we saw Mickey Halloween cups on it and we took them home and its been over an year and they are still in our kitchen!

PeoplemoverTTA

are you talking about the clear plastic cups with the castle on them? If so we have found them at the Caribbean Beach resort in the food court serving smoothies. I have about 6 and plan to get more on my next trip. Janine

Those are the ones...I'm gonna have to get to CBR on my next trip now! I haven't stayed there in awhile anyway...thanks!:)

mainstreet1997

Pens, paper, soap and shampoo, the angel glasses from Osborne lights,resort mugs (when they used to leave them in the rooms). We even kept the mickey head decos that came in the flowers my sister had sent to my mom once while were staying at WDW but my FAVORITE is the Mickey head confetti I pick up at MK opening. I always throw a few in my camera case and when one comes out in my hand it makes me smile!

mainstreet1997

Heres a story that this thread reminded me of. A couple of years ago my sister spied a lightbulb burned out as you walk into the entrance of Boardwalk. She figured it was burned out anyway so why not? Well she turned it and the light went back on! So she left it - I guess an act of theivery turned into a good deed!

EPCOTPluto

Definitely the hotel & some restaurant stuff for us also.

One favorite of mine has to be an original key from behind the GF Concierge. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom