Keepsakes from your trip that don't cost you a thing......

wdwwdeagle

My list:
-resort maps rather than park maps for me. I keep the one they give us at check-in showing us how to get to our room and the room number. I think the resort maps are really cool; very nicely done. So far I have AKL, Poly and CR.
-H2O Aquatics lotion... it smells soooo good!
-mickey ears that they gave us when we were grand marshals
-mickey confetti from birthday dinner
-birthday card from contemporary
-pillow chocolates from contemporary
and the coup de grace:
-napkin from cali grill (I promise I had permission to take it; I asked if we could buy them anywhere, and our waitress told us we couldn't buy one, but that we could take one home)

Stitch_626_UK

My KTTW cards, MVMCP tickets & wristbands, EMH wristbands, my monorail pilot's card, toiletries, birthday card from the CG, confetti from our table, shopping bags, the laundy bag from our resort, luggage tags, a Mickey straw from one of our drinks, the welcome package from the resort, and one towel animal (a turkey from Thanksgiving '06)....that about sums it up.

Oh, almost forgot, a couple Magical Moments certificates, and a really nice note that the CM from the England pavilion included in my purchase that I had delivered to my rooom.

Just out of interest, who was the cast member?

Scooter

I always grab some napkins and a couple of Disney paper plates on each trip.

When my wife gets sad or starts to miss being in Disney World, I surprise her by making some breaded chicken nuggets and french fries and serving them on the Disney plates w/napkins. Of course I always have some Ken's honey mustard dipping sauce on hand as well. I top the meal off by serving her a Coke in one of our Resort mugs and some Disney music in the background for ambiance.
It usually cheers her up.:)

cblodg

When it was MGM, one of the CS places used to skewer the sandwich with a replica of the Earful Tower. I have a couple of those. I take napkins. I have a whole bunch of the 25th Anniversary napkins and some of the last napkins to be printed in color.

We have a towel animal minagery (sp?). I keep my used room keys and used park tickets too. Oh yeah, and the toiletries.

MKCP 1985

Swizzle sticks and sandwich skewers, as mentioned above.

picture.php

logo barf bags from Mission:Space.

(just kidding about that last one - but if they'd have put a logo on the bag, I would have snagged it!) :drevil:

SAV

-- We always grab a stack of Napkins and extra park maps.
-- The Kidcot masks and trinkets we get from Epcot.
-- One year we got a plastic cup when we got a Chocolate Shake between Pooh and Snow White. We use it all the time.
-- Our YOMD Dream FastPasses and Lanyard.

PeoplemoverTTA

Over the years I've pretty much saved everything mentioned here...one of my favorites, though, are the plastic cups they used to serve smoothies in at Auntie Gravity's...unfortunately, they don't have them anymore, but the three I've saved have held up really well :)

protiius

maps
resort keys (which i've only just found out are called key to the world cards, love it!)
napkins
toiletries
also, resort mugs must count for free (considering you would pay more for your drinks if you didn't buy one :shrug:)

DisneyPrincess5

The memories you make! Aww :lookaroun

I love to 'borrow' the stationary from the room and also teh toiletries from the room that I never even use.

cblodg

Swizzle sticks and sandwich skewers, as mentioned above.

picture.php

logo barf bags from Mission:Space.

(just kidding about that last one - but if they'd have put a logo on the bag, I would have snagged it!) :drevil:

Pitcure those as grey and with the Earful Tower on the end and that's what I have.

fosse76

I always take the pens, soaps and shampoos from my room. And I collect the maps from each visit. Occasionally napkins, but that's only when I grab some for my room and have any left over. Also my Key to the World. I don't think I have saved all of them...but I have all the ones from this year.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
I've got a poster that they gave out for free when you came through the gates at Disneyland on the day of Snow White's 50th Anniversary (1987). I figure if I ever have a little girl, it might look good in her bedroom.

I've got what I'm guessing is a similar poster, except mine was a giveaway at McDonalds!! It's a replica of the original movie poster.

I also have a poster that was given out to APholders commemorating the last showing of MSEP at Magic Kingdom. I was lucky to have scheduled a trip during the giveaway time period, since I am not local.

And I have two posters, probably also AP-exclusive (maybe DVC), for the 25th Anniversary of WDW.

I have at least one of the aforementioned grey MGM "swizzle stick"s, miscellaneous napkins, several of the in-room laundry bags, confetti from the Hunchback show (confetti from any WDW show I was ever at, actually). I always take the pens from the room, and the toiletries, and I still use the cups from some kind of a lemon slushie purchased around Frontierland--the cups have the penguins from Mary Poppins on them (technically, I guess they did cost me something, though). Also the bucket from popcorn purchased at MK.

I'm sure I have more, but that's all I can think of at the moment.

sittle

My wife always gets the pen... Then I take one to work and use it from start to finish, and keep it in my drawer... It's a little piece of the magic.

I think we take the usual freebies, stickers, Magical Moments certificates, pens & stationary.

One thing that hasn't been mentioned (and I'm a little surprised): The TOT door hangers they give you for your ride photo... I have at least 10 of these on various doors.

We also have one from our stay at the Boardwalk :)zipit:), they had these nice big door signs (Privacy Please / Service Please) that I just couldn't resist.

I also collect the "Free pins" that stick in the bottom of your shoes later in the day... I don't know how man pins I've collected that way... and I know for a fact I've shared some that way too! HA HA!:ROFLOL:

.... Really bummed we aren't going this year! :( Maybe next year :eek:!

EPCOT Explorer

Pitcure those as grey and with the Earful Tower on the end and that's what I have.
Oooh, I need to get those. I have one with the retro EPCOT Center Logo.
Yes, sir. Got ya.;)

Oh, yeah...something else I always take: pens from the hotel rooms. I find housekeeping carts and grab them by the handfull.
I thank you kindly. :cool:

I do the same with pens. I have a very nerdy collection. :lol:

ligarced

Def the pens and shampoos,conditioners, soaps. We keep the maps and i have everyones tickets and keys. I also took the laundry bag.

Chrononymous

My favorite free stuff...

Swizzle sticks from the Adventurer's Club

A cup full of Mickey confetti from MK morning opening

various Do Not Disturb signs (my favorite is an Alice one from DL)

a plastic light cover that popped off a float from the Electrical Light Parade and hit my foot.

heartodisney

My list:
-resort maps rather than park maps for me. I keep the one they give us at check-in showing us how to get to our room and the room number. I think the resort maps are really cool; very nicely done. So far I have AKL, Poly and CR.
-H2O Aquatics lotion... it smells soooo good!
-mickey ears that they gave us when we were grand marshals
-mickey confetti from birthday dinner
-birthday card from contemporary
-pillow chocolates from contemporary
and the coup de grace:
-napkin from cali grill (I promise I had permission to take it; I asked if we could buy them anywhere, and our waitress told us we couldn't buy one, but that we could take one home)
ok..security..we have no record of any CM's giving out these napkins...:lol: yes, we have "obtained" items that most others have described and wish we had many other things mentioned! :rolleyes:
picture.php

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom