Jungle Cruise rehab

jt04

As much work JC needs, I would think it would be longer.

From what I can gather, this is an emergency rehab as they need the ride open for the summer and then possibly all the way until SM is finished. I think they wanted to have SM be the last major refurb but now it looks as though JC will receive it's major rehab after SM reopens.

Of course I would much rather see the Jungle Cruise concept relocated to AK (heavily plussed with a mix of live animals/animatronics and more animatronics for the cave sequence). That would leave a huge area in Adventureland that could be expanded (Festival of the Lion King from AK possibly?) and all the maintenance nightmares caused by the current JC would be a thing of the past. Of course they would never do all that........................................ or would they? :lookaroun

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Considering how little you can actually see from the air, you really wouldn't be able to see much at all from Swiss Family Treehouse.

junglecruise1.jpg

tractorm3

I think the only thing thats need a refurb on JC are the jokes by our guides :ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

EPCOTCenterLover

My last ride on the JC was a major disappointment. Badly needed TLC, paint, upgrading, etc. Just awful. Even worse was our guide who was clearly disinterested.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
As much work JC needs, I would think it would be longer.
It is just a spit and polish refurb. A few coats of paint, the animals will get a bath, broken stuff will get fixed, information will be gathered for a more extensive refurb in the not so distant future.

imamouse

The Pirahna effect is pretty cool at DL. I'd love to see them installed in WDW's JC when it goes down for its major rehab.

WDWRLD

Maybe they will finally fix the rip in the guys pants climbing the tree and get the camp straightened up after those gorillas made a mess of the place....:lol::lol:

tdonald

Can't wait till this rehab is finished... now it'll have a seventy-foot drop! :drevil:

I heard everything was on schedule, except for Cheif Nami... he's a-head! :ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:
Sorry, it was too easy.

But seriously, all they're probably doing is cleaning.

Buried20KLeague

Doesn't Hong Kong Disneyland's Jungle Cruise have a cool Battle of the Tiki Gods sequence, or something like that?

There is a "final" scene in HK's jungle cruise where the boat stops, and then there's some fire and water effects. Kinda like catastrophe canyon, if you ask me.

You choose the language you want to hear when you ride... And although I chose English, I had NO idea what in the world our skipper was talking about through pretty much the entire ride. So... Was it a battle between a couple tiki gods? Eh. Maybe. Couldn't tell ya. I didn't see any tikis around, I'll tell you that much.

And truthfully, I didn't think it was that "cool". And I'm pretty easily impressed. :lol: The rest of their JC was better than the finale scene in my opinion.

I will say though... You haven't lived till you've heard a Chinese Jungle Cruise skipper butcher their way through a mother-in-law joke that they completely don't understand. :lol::lol:

RiversideBunny

The Jungle Cruise, a river trip to the heart of darkness -

"I was going to the worst place in the world, and I didn't even know it yet. Weeks away and hundreds of miles up a river that snaked through the war like a main circuit cable.."

CPT Williard in the movie 'Apocalypse Now'
:cool:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom