Jungle Cruise rehab

jt04

C'mon jt04, take it easy. I told you, I am willing to answer your questions. But as maggiegrace1 said, I do have a life outside of WDWMagic and I had to leave my computer for a couple hours. No need to "call my bluff".:rolleyes:

Even though I am a seasonal CM, I am still a CM. I can get information from 1200 miles away just like Steve can from the other side of the pond.

Yes.

Thank you for backing me up maggiegrace1.:wave:

No need to be offended, I just know that people post stuff as fact and it later turns out not to be true. I always specify when I am engaged in speculation and when I have more reliable information. Though a bit heavy handed, I was trying to determine if you are credible. Now since you admit you are not at WDW, I am just wondering why the construction wall is in front of the dreaded stairs since you say for sure they are not being removed. I just assume you have seen blueprints or you made a phone call to someone who is there. It just seems an odd place to put the wall if they are not doing work to the "entry plaza" of the JC. Just seeking clarification while at the same time walking on egg shells. :cool:

Magicot

Now since you admit you are not at WDW, I am just wondering why the construction wall is in front of the dreaded stairs since you say for sure they are not being removed. I just assume you have seen blueprints or you made a phone call to someone who is there. It just seems an odd place to put the wall if they are not doing work to the "entry plaza" of the JC. Just seeking clarification while at the same time walking on egg shells. :cool:
The construction wall is infront of those stairs because they do not want guests in that "entry plaza" area. We normally put a rope up in that same location when the attraction is closed simply because there is no need for guests to wander down there. Same with the ramp.

Dskipper

hey you know you are right it is weird they put the walls up there, they must be touching up the shrunken neds, that is a vendor that runs that, so they are more then likely cleaning that up to, only reason for the wall up that high because the out side vendor would be losing money during that time, there was a rumor that out side fb was going to take back over the drink hut by shrunken neds too.

jt04

The construction wall is infront of those stairs because they do not want guests in that "entry plaza" area. We normally put a rope up in that same location when the attraction is closed simply because there is no need for guests to wander down there. Same with the ramp.

So are the remote control boats (or whatever that is to the left as you enter) also closed for the duration of the rehab?

By the way, I found it fascinating that a Cast Member actually admitted that people falling on those stairs is a known and chronic problem to Disney employees. I am sure that Disney lawyers will find that "compelling" to say the least (but I digress). I really hope they remove those stairs for everone's sake. Thanks for the info Magicot! You should post more often. You are an asset to WDWMagic and I apologize profusely if I offended you or anyone else (except Pumbas as he never takes offense:lol:). :)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Original Poster
The walls include the stair area to block the view of the load building and its interior.

Magicot

So are the remote control boats (or whatever that is to the left as you enter) also closed for the duration of the rehab?
As far as I know, Shrunken Ned's Junior Jungle Boats will be closed for the same duration.

By the way, I found it fascinating that a Cast Member actually admitted that people falling on those stairs is a known and chronic problem to Disney employees. I am sure that Disney lawyers will find that "compelling" to say the least (but I digress). I really hope they remove those stairs for everone's sake.
Yes, people do trip on those stairs occasionally but I wouldn't call it a "chronic problem". I can't see why Disney would ever get rid of them. I mean, it's not like it's a hole in the ground or a slippery surface, where in those cases they would block it off or put up a yellow caution sign. They're just- stairs.:shrug:

Thanks for the info Magicot! You should post more often. You are an asset to WDWMagic
I'm so glad you appreciate me now.:rolleyes:

jt04

As far as I know, Shrunken Ned's Junior Jungle Boats will be closed for the same duration.

Yes, people do trip on those stairs occasionally but I wouldn't call it a "chronic problem". I can't see why Disney would ever get rid of them. I mean, it's not like it's a hole in the ground or a slippery surface, where in those cases they would block it off or put up a yellow caution sign. They're just- stairs.:shrug:

I'm so glad you appreciate me now.:rolleyes:

What is not to appreciate. :zipit: :p :animwink:

As for the stairs, I believe there is a reason they are avioded in the design of theme parks whenever possible. Crowds + Stairs = Falls. I do believe they put ramps up to the Castle and not stairs for a reason even though stairs would have been more architecturally precise. (just one example) Have a nice day.

PS Where are the stairs at Space Mountain? I can't remember them.

Chernabog

My understanding in talking to skippers is that the rehab is mostly just a cleaning and fixing. Drain the river, pressure wash, replace air hoses, repaint AAs, fix the water misters, perhaps newer speakers, minor boat work, and the biggest thing is an apparent new dock for load and unload.

Most everyone at JC says MK won't get new effects anytime soon if at all because DL never saw a significant increase in rider attendance because of the new effects so it doesn't justify spending money on ours if it won't increase ridership. Same reason there's no Christmas Country Bears. Spend money to increase attendance and attendance doesn't change significantly enough.

On a side note, don't expect SM to get anything big either or for the rehab to last much more than about 8 months - 10 months. All we'll probably see is some fixing of the attraction, replacing of tracks, and better lighting. No audio in the cars, no loops, nothing to write home about really (at least not at this point).

wvdisneyfamily

My understanding in talking to skippers is that the rehab is mostly just a cleaning and fixing. Drain the river, pressure wash, replace air hoses, repaint AAs, fix the water misters, perhaps newer speakers, minor boat work, and the biggest thing is an apparent new dock for load and unload.

Most everyone at JC says MK won't get new effects anytime soon if at all because DL never saw a significant increase in rider attendance because of the new effects so it doesn't justify spending money on ours if it won't increase ridership. Same reason there's no Christmas Country Bears. Spend money to increase attendance and attendance doesn't change significantly enough.

On a side note, don't expect SM to get anything big either or for the rehab to last much more than about 8 months - 10 months. All we'll probably see is some fixing of the attraction, replacing of tracks, and better lighting. No audio in the cars, no loops, nothing to write home about really (at least not at this point).

SM's refurb always makes me nervous. I want improvements, but I don't want huge changes that change the nostalgia of it.

Grimone24

rehab

The rehab is a replacement of the dock area and all of the walkway inside the line area! On Sunday it was easily visible from the treehouse and you could see them pulling the old wood away from the dock and placing it at the bottom of the stairs by where you first descend!

007mickey

...You hit the darkness inside and then the steps and turn right...

Those must be the most forgettable steps in the world! I only remember ramps/queue zig-zagging down and to the right when you enter. Then again, the anticipation of hitting one of the all-time great attractions probably has me overlooking something as obvious as stairs. I think it's the queue music, it's intoxicating.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom