Jungle Cruise rehab

Magicot

Here is hoping they put ramps in instead of those stairs. You just don't expect stairs in the pathways and at dusk they are very difficult to see. In fact I think those may be the only stairs that are on any of the pathways. They are somewhat dangerous. Just my 2 cents.
Those stairs aren't going anywhere. Plus, there's already a ramp leading down to the Jungle about 10 steps away. I'd recommend using that ramp if you tend to fall down stairs. And the only other pathway stairs in the MK, that I can think of, are located infront of and next to Splash Mountain as well as to the right of Space Mountain. Am I missing any?

You can never trust him though...his deal of two heads for one isn't as smart as it sounds... :lookaroun
I dunno, the way I see it, any way you slice it or dice it, you will come out a-head. I mean give the guy a break! His sales are shrinking.....:lookaroun

Hey I can say it! I'm actually a skipper!

jt04

Those stairs aren't going anywhere. Plus, there's already a ramp leading down to the Jungle about 10 steps away. I'd recommend using that ramp if you tend to fall down stairs. And the only other pathway stairs in the MK, that I can think of, are located infront of and next to Splash Mountain as well as to the right of Space Mountain. Am I missing any?

I dunno, the way I see it, any way you slice it or dice it, you will come out a-head. I mean give the guy a break! His sales are shrinking.....:lookaroun

How do you know that the stairs are not "going anywhere"? I saw two people trip on those stairs in less than 15 minutes so my guess is they will be "going somewhere". But maybe you know someone working on the project. I'd love to hear more. :veryconfu

MagliteL13

Chief invited me over for dinner one night. I said his wife makes a great stew. He said, yeah, but I'm sure gonna miss her.

...former skipper, current bellhop...

Magicot

How do you know that the stairs are not "going anywhere"?
Because I am very familiar with the project, my friend.
I saw two people trip on those stairs in less than 15 minutes so my guess is they will be "going somewhere".
Your guess is wrong. Though I agree, people do tend to trip on those stairs. Solution: watch your step, use the banister, and avoid stroller use on stairs.
But maybe you know someone working on the project. I'd love to hear more. :veryconfu
I do.:D

jt04

Your guess is wrong. Though I agree, people do tend to trip on those stairs. Solution: watch your step, use the banister, and avoid stroller use on stairs.

Very Cool! Care to throw us a tidbit of info to establish your credibility?

Magicot

Very Cool! Care to throw us a tidbit of info to establish your credibility?
Well, I can tell you that I do work for the attraction and I am aware of what is going on during its closure. And that they are not removing/ramping those stairs. Any specific questions I might be able to answer, but it depends on the question.

jt04

Well, I can tell you that I do work for the attraction and I am aware of what is going on during its closure. And that they are not removing/ramping those stairs. Any specific questions I might be able to answer, but it depends on the question.

Yes, how do you manage a 1200 mile commute with gas prices so high? :lol:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Is there prep work being done for a future, more extensive refurb?

RSoxNo1

Would they really wait until the end of the Space Mountain refurb before Jungle Cruise goes down for an extensive rehab? I would expect an extensive Jungle Cruise closure would be 3-6 months while Space Mountain could be 12-18 months. I would think there would have to be some overlap there.

cooleo

Is nice to see JC getting some TLC for now. I also think that Piranha effect is pretty cool. Hopefully they will add that during the bigger refurb.

jt04

Well Master Yoda it appears your question caused Magicot to leave the forum without providing one bit of information to the folks just waiting for even the smallest detail on this rehab. Well played Master Yoda, well played. ( I am not being sarcastic, just glad you called the bluff of Magicot)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Well Master Yoda it appears your question caused Magicot to leave the forum without providing one bit of information to the folks just waiting for even the smallest detail on this rehab. Well played Master Yoda, well played. ( I am not being sarcastic, just glad you called the bluff of Magicot)
That was not my intention. I took him at his word as I have no reason not to. If he can answer it great if not it is no big deal.

maggiegrace1

Did you think maybe he was busy?

He may have not been able to just sit around and wait for people to ask him a question

Why doubt him?

For someone who would jump all over members of magic every time they would doubt a certain poster you sure are quick to doubt others...:shrug:

PhilharMagician

Easy on the sarcasm.:rolleyes:

The replacement of the stairs with ramps would not be done in a 2 week project. The grade where the stairs are is to great for a ramp and considerable regrading of the surrounding would be needed to make it safe for wheelchairs and strollers to access. The only other possiblity would be to remove the stair completely and landscape.

If people have problems tripping on the stairs at JC then then must have some real problems entering Space Mountain.

Dskipper

but you know, i have spent many hours at fpr and greeter watching people fall down those stairs and try to carry stollers and wheel chairs down, how would i pass my time by if they took those away, i would have to actully answer the biggest question i get, were do i get a fast pass, with a big ol sign above my head that says fast pass disp. :wave: man time would go soooo slow then. ha

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

You are far to quick to jump on members for being bogus. A few hours can not be classified as leaving the forum. People are busy, and a lack of a reply to a specific question does not mean the information is false. I rememebr you doing the same thing with some live reports from SSE. I would appreciate it if you can be less trigger happy, it drives away informative members.

Magicot

C'mon jt04, take it easy. I told you, I am willing to answer your questions. But as maggiegrace1 said, I do have a life outside of WDWMagic and I had to leave my computer for a couple hours. No need to "call my bluff".:rolleyes:

Yes, how do you manage a 1200 mile commute with gas prices so high? :lol:
Even though I am a seasonal CM, I am still a CM. I can get information from 1200 miles away just like Steve can from the other side of the pond.

Yes.

Did you think maybe he was busy?

He may have not been able to just sit around and wait for people to ask him a question

Why doubt him?

For someone who would jump all over members of magic every time they would doubt a certain poster you sure are quick to doubt others...:shrug:
Thank you for backing me up maggiegrace1.:wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom