Jungle Cruise closing for lengthy refurbishment late this summer

gboiler1

Agreed on the after hours. We've had some wonderful late-night narrations. Sometimes it is little additions to the script. I can't remember if it was DL or MK, but when going behind the waterfall, the line is something that includes "the backside of water!" One of our skippers added "don't try this at home, you'll hit your head on the faucet." It was great.

We had a few really late night rides that were totally off script. One was nothing more than a behind-the-scenes explanation of the attraction, scene by scene. Very neat. The skipper asked the boat if we wanted the script, or if we wanted behind the scenes, and we all voted for behind the scenes.

Great attraction. The skippers are incredible cast members.

So do those skippers get "in trouble" for going completely off script?

Also if you've watched You Tube videos of the cruise you get totally different experiences with some of the same jokes, so not convinced a big mix up is necessary.

One memorable cruise our female skipper had every animal jumping clean over our boat. Never heard that before but always fun to hear a great skipper.

Admiral01

Premium Member

Also if you've watched You Tube videos of the cruise you get totally different experiences with some of the same jokes, so not convinced a big mix up is necessary.

One memorable cruise our female skipper had every animal jumping clean over our boat. Never heard that before but always fun to hear a great skipper.

Not sure if they get in trouble. I for one really enjoy the non-scripted moments.

BTW, Boiler Up! (class of 2005, AAE)

PorterRedkey

Thanks for confirming guys. I was hoping it might have been pushed back. My niece (5yrs) and nephew (9yrs) are going at the end of September for the 1st time and I was hoping they would get to ride.

I guess I'll just have to take them, so they can ride it. Darn! ;)

MOXOMUMD

I was wondering the same thing. On our last trip there was an issue with a boat docking (and there was still a boat between us) so we sat for a good ten minutes. The skipper kept firing off joke after joke about other MK things to pass the time until we could get to the dock.

docandsix

Also for those not aware there is a decent amount of jokes and after a skip is comfortable they have access to a lot more jokes and it is up to the skipper what they choose to use or not use. one also must remember that many people love that they can hear the same jokes they heard when they were kids and want them to have a similar experience as they did years ago.

OK, so whatever happened to the "They're called Inspiration Falls, because they inspire you to go... deeper and deeper into the Jungle" joke? We used to get that joke almost every trip. I'd guess we haven't heard it in at least the past ten rides on either coast. Is Disney suddenly averse to bathroom humor? The Country Bears can suggest that someone shoot "Little Buford," but no potty jokes on the Jungle Cruise?

Scuttle

I was wondering the same thing. On our last trip there was an issue with a boat docking (and there was still a boat between us) so we sat for a good ten minutes. The skipper kept firing off joke after joke about other MK things to pass the time until we could get to the dock.
I'm assuming they have a little more wiggle room in that situation.

MOXOMUMD

OK, so whatever happened to the "They're called Inspiration Falls, because they inspire you to go... deeper and deeper into the Jungle" joke? We used to get that joke almost every trip. I'd guess we haven't heard it in at least the past ten rides on either coast. Is Disney suddenly averse to bathroom humor? The Country Bears can suggest that someone shoot "Little Buford," but no potty jokes on the Jungle Cruise?
We heard that every ride last trip and I think we rode five times. That's odd. :confused:

docandsix

We heard that every ride last trip and I think we rode five times. That's odd. :confused:

Oh, they always use that line, but they remove the pause and change the verb so that the implication of needing to go... potty is absent. Now, it's something like, "They inspire you to travel deeper into the jungle."

Last edited:

RickP330

I just had a chance to catch up on the "King Louie" thread. I have to admit, I think that would be an awesome addition to JC.... Just saying....
RP

WDWFREAK53

Isn't the line "Whoop" little Buford? (Meaning spank).

JimboJones123

The lost Flying Hippos.

Our family still references them often even though Skippers no longer do.

I have always loved JC. In fact my wife and I were there in may for our honeymoon. When we got on the JC she noticed a picture that had walt and his wife in it on a peg board. I thought that was neat as we have never seen that before. but we have both always loved this ride and thought it perfect. I am interested in what they are doing though. 6 weeks is a good long bit. can't wait to see the videos someone will post after it is done.

COProgressFan

Oh, they always use that line, but they remove the pause and change the verb so that the implication of needing to go... potty is absent. Now, it's something like, "They inspire you to travel deeper into the jungle."

By changing the line, it is no longer a joke. It's a shame they changed it.

Magenta Panther

No. No characters in JC. Ever.

I agree. I think Jungle Cruise is dated and lame, but adding King Louie to it would hardly help the situation. At the same time, I can't imagine what could be done to JC to make it less dated and lame. A massive refurb with some great new AAs would help, but we all know that TDO won't spend the money. *sigh*

Oh, wait...Universal isn't using that shark anymore, right? Hmmm...

gboiler1

I have to agree, while seeing Jungle Book would be awesome, it would change it entirely, so I'm sure someday it will be done! lol

I think it's fascinating to see video from the early days and hear the straight spiel.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom