Jungle Cruise closing for lengthy refurbishment late this summer

Captain Neo

Are they adding new show scenes and all the new animatronics, effects and music that the Anahiem, Tokyo, and Hong Kong versions have got over the past decade?

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Are they adding new show scenes and all the new animatronics, effects and music that the Anahiem, Tokyo, and Hong Kong versions have got over the past decade?
no.jpg

Scuttle

JC needs a 6-12 month refurb badly. It also needs a little '' plussing'', like adding the hippo attack scene. Which would be relatively easy to install and would be such a fresh addition to a ride that's been stuck in the 70's for years.

gboiler1

I wish they'd do something to make a nightime excursion a little more interesting or spectacular. The only time I went at night I was disappointed, it just looked odd with the floodlights pointing you in the direction you should look instead of the AA's being part of the junglescape.

Scuttle

The "script" needs a lot more flex room.

You should be able to ride with at least 10% alternate script. If not 30%. Cookie cutter skippers stink.
Couldn't agree more. If anyone has experienced an ''after hours'' tour then you know the potential of a more flexed script. Let the skippers show their talents don't restrain them from a potentially incredible ride experience.

Yensid1974

Also for those not aware there is a decent amount of jokes and after a skip is comfortable they have access to a lot more jokes and it is up to the skipper what they choose to use or not use. one also must remember that many people love that they can hear the same jokes they heard when they were kids and want them to have a similar experience as they did years ago.

JimboJones123

Also for those not aware there is a decent amount of jokes and after a skip is comfortable they have access to a lot more jokes and it is up to the skipper what they choose to use or not use. one also must remember that many people love that they can hear the same jokes they heard when they were kids and want them to have a similar experience as they did years ago.
We don't always love the 3 boat wait to hit the dock that have the EXACT same script every time. Skippers finally let loose at this point, but all rides are virtually identical.

I agree that some of the more vanilla Skips are the best, but the borderline off script, or even fully off script stuff can get the real laughs and not just the "oh I see what you did" courtesy laughs.

There should be enough script interchanged that a skipper should be able to do 3-4 runs without repeat jokes. Sorry if that is a lot of stuff to remember, but I have had some legendary skippers throughout the years that really took their "scripts" or lack there of to a whole new level.

Don't know if you knew Skipper Ethan from about 2 years ago, but he was flat out amazing with guest interaction. None of it was scripted. The boats were rolling.

JimboJones123

Plus, 1/3 of that same experience should be enough, right? Otherwise, just play your home video.

RSoxNo1

As a skipper I couldn't disagree more. Some of the funniest skippers stay very vanilla. It is all in the execution.
I agree. While I appreciate people mixing it up, so much of it is about the delivery. Two different people can tell the same joke, but if one has good comedic timing and the other doesn't they're going to get different reactions.

Admiral01

Premium Member
Couldn't agree more. If anyone has experienced an ''after hours'' tour then you know the potential of a more flexed script. Let the skippers show their talents don't restrain them from a potentially incredible ride experience.

Agreed on the after hours. We've had some wonderful late-night narrations. Sometimes it is little additions to the script. I can't remember if it was DL or MK, but when going behind the waterfall, the line is something that includes "the backside of water!" One of our skippers added "don't try this at home, you'll hit your head on the faucet." It was great.

We had a few really late night rides that were totally off script. One was nothing more than a behind-the-scenes explanation of the attraction, scene by scene. Very neat. The skipper asked the boat if we wanted the script, or if we wanted behind the scenes, and we all voted for behind the scenes.

Great attraction. The skippers are incredible cast members.

Seabasealpha1

So, maybe this was already talked about...but any ride improvements on this one at all? Like ala Disneyland changes? New less-cartoon-y trader Sam perhaps?

RickP330

Well thanks to this thread I was able to go on the ride before the closing. It closed the day after I arrived. We made a point to bee line it over there and hop on before it closed. We used FP+ and I must say everything looked like it was in order. It was a nice experience...
RP

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom