Jungle Cruise closing for lengthy refurbishment late this summer

raymusiccity

I still don't see what TDO could do to that ride that would improve it much in any way. All the animals will still look fake and the waterfall will fail to impress. :p

Next time you're on the Jungle Cruise, just watch the smiles and excitement of all the children on board when they see the 'fake' hippos and elephants.

I'm always impressed by the backside of the falls! :)

Bairstow

Had a chance to see some of the work being done on the animatronics for this ride on the Backstage Magic tour not long ago.
The elephants had been moved to Central Shops for re-skinning. Most were inside but a couple were completed and sitting outside in the loading area. Compared to the old skins, the new ones look much better, and have a wet, shiny look, at least for now.
The old elephant/rhino skins were in a heap, and looked sun-bleached and cracked.
There was a crocodile figure in there for rebuilding, though it still looked like hell. They probably hadn't gotten to it yet.
The explorers climbing a pole to escape the rhino were in shops as well, laid on its side and partially disassembled.

Bairstow

I'm sure those explorers are happy to lay down awhile. ;)

Away from that darn Rhino for a little bit too!

Backstage Magic is an awesome tour, btw, though being at Central Shops and seeing all these animatronics was definitely the highlight.

In addition to the large amount of Jungle Cruise animatronics, they also had the seven dwarves playing instruments for the mine train, all lined up and draped in plastic, ready to be installed, as well as the mine train ride vehicles in various stages of paint detailing. The new pirates boats had just arrived as well, though they had not been painted at all and were still in the bright orange or yellow plastic they had been molded in. There were also some deer/elk animatronics that I couldn't place. They resembled the ones you see from the Magic Kingdom train, though all of these were still in place when I rode the train.

MOXOMUMD

Away from that darn Rhino for a little bit too!

Backstage Magic is an awesome tour, btw, though being at Central Shops and seeing all these animatronics was definitely the highlight.

In addition to the large amount of Jungle Cruise animatronics, they also had the seven dwarves playing instruments for the mine train, all lined up and draped in plastic, ready to be installed, as well as the mine train ride vehicles in various stages of paint detailing. The new pirates boats had just arrived as well, though they had not been painted at all and were still in the bright orange or yellow plastic they had been molded in. There were also some deer/elk animatronics that I couldn't place. They resembled the ones you see from the Magic Kingdom train, though all of these were still in place when I rode the train.
Perhaps some deer that needed a little updating from the Riverboat ride?

Bairstow

Perhaps some deer that needed a little updating from the Riverboat ride?

Could have been. I actually did the riverboat ride for once this time, and while I saw a few animatronic deer/elk I have no idea how many there are "supposed" to be.

Another thought I had is that it might be intended for the exterior of the mine train hill, though given the theming of the movie and original ride those might need to be "cartoon" deer.

There aren't any deer in the Listen to the Land boat ride, are there?

Last edited:

MOXOMUMD

Could have been. I actually did the riverboat ride for once this time, and while I saw a few animatronic deer/elk I have no idea how many there "supposed" to be.

Another thought I had is that it might be intended for the exterior of the mine train hill, though given the theming of the movie and original ride those might need to be "cartoon" deer.

There aren't any deer in the Listen to the Land boat ride, are there?
No but there are some sprinkled through the wooded areas of the riverboat ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom