Jungle Cruise closing for lengthy refurbishment late this summer

HMF

No because if it were to happen at WDW 80% of people would complain about them messing with a classic and vow to never return to WDW again.
As long as the classics are messed with in a constructive way that adds to and improves an attraction with reverence to it's history and especially without a marketing agenda attached, most fans are open to and even anticipate change

HMF

A few years ago, we were in the World when two of the biggest people-eaters in the parks were down simultaneously for the whole summer - Spaceship Earth and Haunted Mansion.
One refurb was brilliantly done. The other, not so much. Thank the Phoenecians, indeed!?
Mansion Re-Haunting and Spaceship Earth are perfect examples of the bi-polar tendencies concerning Classic Attraction refurbs over the past few years. it's been Good Refurb,(Haunted Mansion 07 Re-Haunting) followed by Bad Refurb,(SSE) followed by Good Refurb,(HOP) followed by Bad Refurb (Haunted Mansion disaster queue).

GLaDOS

Just my two cents, but if this wasn't the mastermind of Walt Disney himself would JC still feature in MK, or any of the parks for that matter?

I think the best way to describe the WDW version is 'tacky.' I'm glad it's getting a refurb, one that is severely needed, but coming from a guy who has grown up with this ride I would much rather see the area used to make a superior E-ticket that is severely needed in Adventureland.

There's room behind the ride for an E-ticket. No need to replace when they can add. WDW does too much of the latter as is.

MotherOfBirds

The refurb period would be long enough to install new prefabbed figures, wouldn't it?

Random question, but was there once a figure in the little rock-overhang structure that comes right after the gorilla camp?

STITCHGEFAN

I see. We can all live in hope!

MK is the last place that needs a new ride right now, but when time allows Adventureland could really do with some love.

OSUPhantom

I'd still like to see a thrill ride of some kind in Adventureland. I assume Fire Mountain is pretty much dead enough to be in the Haunted Mansion but something like that would be awesome.

Magenta Panther

As long as the classics are messed with in a constructive way that adds to and improves an attraction with reverence to it's history and especially without a marketing agenda attached, most fans are open to and even anticipate change

I loved the refurb Haunted Mansion got some time ago, where the sound was enhanced, the speakers in the Doom Buggies were fixed or replaced, and the Escher staircase was installed. Those were awesome. But the latest refurb, with the cluttered entrance and the unconvincing Hitchhiking Ghosts gag at the end...eh...not so much...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom