It's official: Wand is GONE !!!!

epcotcenter2001

I have to post a 2nd comment regarding this one because it's just that great of news!!

I believe that with Bob Iger in charge the company has already seen so many benefits and improvements! Let's just say Pixar, DCL expansion, new attractions, and now the Wand coming down! What a great start!

Now I just want him to focus on the hiring cast members that are really passionate about the Disney brand. Additionally, they should pay the cast more!

Signed:
A Non Disney Cast Member

nibblesandbits

Just out of curiosity, Do people go into the parks and enjoy them anymore? :shrug: I know when I go into the parks I am just thrilled to be there for all the attractions, shows, and everything else they have to offer. I find it to be more fun exploring the park rather sitting there and wishing death upon a wand or hat.
I'm with you...I definitely only go to the parks to enjoy them. Very seldom do I find things (if ever) to nitpick.

Rototom

I feel for the people who like the wand. No one likes to see "their" version of WDW changed. I still miss Horizons.

But growing up, EPCOT was MY park. I could spend the entire trip there.

To get a little piece back, it brings immense joy.

To drive up to the park and see it like I did when I first did will be a special moment for me. I cannot wait until December when I return.

I understand to most outside our WDW loving world, EPCOT may be dated looking or too 80's. But that is what I fell in love with.

I do not mock others for loving things at WDW that are older or dated too. I understand. I wish some would do the same for Epoct fans.

So today I rejoice quietly and really do feel sorry for those that lost a little something from "their" WDW.

It's still the best place on earth, at least it is to me.

Thessair

Agreed. If people actually hated the wond that much they would not have gone to Epcot.

That's kind of a silly thing to say. Regardless of how one feels about the wand, most people who go to Epcot like the park. An obtrusive, unattractive structure is not going to keep people away no matter how much they dislike it. That's like saying someone who doesn't like fake trees in Tomorrowland should just avoid the Magic Kingdom.

KevinPage

Deep down all the haters are upset, cause now they need to find a new thing to & moan about.

Hmmm, let the guessing game begin.

Expo_Seeker40

Yes, but for the people who "grew up" with the wand, or what have you, please remember that if it weren't for AT&T leaving spaceship earth and refusing to cofinance the wand's removal, the wand would have been dismantled and gone in 2001.

Just like how the castle cake and gold decorations were gone within months of their respective celebrations.

The wand was merely an exception due to money and the expensive cost of taking it down.

Now that Disney and Seimens are on board, as well as SSE closing, and EPCOT's 25th coming, it finally is the appropriate time for the wand to come down.

It's just that some people got too used to it, but for them, and for us, spaceship earth will finally be back to the way its imagineers and designers had intended it to be...a grand and wandless spaceship!!!

SpenceMan01

:sohappy: :ROFLOL: :sohappy: :ROFLOL: :sohappy:

Na na na na, na na na na, hey hey hey...GOODBYE! :wave:

This is the biggest and BEST Disney news that I have heard in a good long while. Now... to tell the wife, or surprise her on our next trip? "Hey.. what happened to the wand?"

THANK YOU Epcot Management. You have truly made it a "Year of a Million Dreams" for many of us Disney junkies. :D

PigletIsMyCat

While I am interested in seeing SSE in all its nudey-pants glory, I will miss the sparkly things. That is the only Epcot and SSE I've ever known. I even woke up early yesterday so DH and I could ride SSE one last time together before it goes down for refurb. Now I'm going to have to go to Epcot every day and take pictures of the dismantling of the wand....

I agree that now everyone is going to have to find something else to complain about.

I also can't believe that people are saying this is the happiest day of their lives. They must have had quite short or uneventful lives so far. I'm not even 30 and I can think of hundreds of days that are better than even Beastlie Kingdomme being opened (which is my own personal Disney 'thing'). :D

DDuckFan130

While I am interested in seeing SSE in all its nudey-pants glory, I will miss the sparkly things. That is the only Epcot and SSE I've ever known. I even woke up early yesterday so DH and I could ride SSE one last time together before it goes down for refurb. Now I'm going to have to go to Epcot every day and take pictures of the dismantling of the wand....

I agree that now everyone is going to have to find something else to complain about.

I also can't believe that people are saying this is the happiest day of their lives. They must have had quite short or uneventful lives so far. I'm not even 30 and I can think of hundreds of days that are better than even Beastlie Kingdomme being opened (which is my own personal Disney 'thing'). :D
:ROFLOL:

I'm sure it's exaggeration......I hope it is :lookaroun

Mansion Butler

Now I just want him to focus on the hiring cast members that are really passionate about the Disney brand. Additionally, they should pay the cast more!

For the most part, we are, but you're expecting some sort of amazing hiring process to make sure that all 60,000 workers are obsessed with Disney.

Also, you don't have to be to be a good CM.

And getting paid more would be nice, but it would come at the detriment of the parks. So guests would find more to complain about.

sbkline

I don't care too much one way or the other about the want, but I must admit, part of me will be sad to see it go. *ducks to avoid flying produce* :lol:

I think it's kind of cool looking, especially when SSE is a backdrop for a photograph. I just wonder how a souvenier photo will look with this plain looking "golf ball" in the background, without the wand as decoration.

Oh well, like I said, I don't really care when it comes down to it. I'll enjoy the park just as well with or without the wand, and on the other hand, it will also be nice to see Epcot, even in this small way, begin to resemble its old self once again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom