Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

whylightbulb

How about Tower of Terror, Mission: Space, Expedition Everest, Submarine Voyage, Test Track, Soarin', Midway Mania, and EVERY other major attraction added to parks in the last twenty years.
LOL you are not helping your argument with most of those examples. He had very little to do with Tower of Terror by the way.

whylightbulb

I've said it once, I'll say it again, WDI isn't the problem.

Every single Imagineer I've met loves their job, and loves these parks. But it's hard to do a good job when your budget is slashed or something like that.
I will have to disagree partially with your statement. There are way too many WDI personnel who are talentless hacks. Their management is just as bad and in some cases worse than park management. There have been too many cases where WDI had a decent budget to work with and they wasted the majority of it due to egos, poor project management and just plain awful design.

Vernonpush

July 2010??? Maybe to add in AI to the book, and Monsters Inc roller coaster??

People, I am telling you, you are missing it.. Earful Tower, Chinese Theater, ToT will not be the icon... Here is Disney-Pixar Studios icon:

luxo_jr.jpg

I thought it was this:
luxo_jr.jpg

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Yeah, being the only icon with no real attraction is a little stupid, but I just want the giant hidden Mickey back! It's covering the single best hidden Mickey ever!

HMF

I will have to disagree partially with your statement. There are way too many WDI personnel who are talentless hacks. Their management is just as bad and in some cases worse than park management. There have been too many cases where WDI had a decent budget to work with and they wasted the majority of it due to egos, poor project management and just plain awful design.
It was. Bruce Vaughn and Craig Russel supposedley changed some of the management policies but for many years WDI was a culture of fear.

Enchantâmes

I just had a theory about why the DHS field guide was delayed.
First(and most obviously) if the hat is removed in the near future' the book will be outdated a year after its would-be publication date.(That happened with the Epcot one.)
Second-there may be new attractions coming to Pixar Place within the next year. (unlikely but possible.)
BTW' would anyone like to see the Red Car Trolley system (soon coming to DCA) installed at DHS?
I think it might cause traffic problems during busy seasons. :shrug:

3WaltFans

The hat is tasteless and tacky

Its a pin station for goodness sake!! The park as so many recognizable icons (ToT, Chinese Mann Theather, Earful tower) but nope they want the icon to be a pin trading center. I guess becaues Disney doesn't want ppl enjoying fine architecture they want to push gimmicks on guests.

There will be a huge smile on my face the day the hat is removed.

= =
The Chinese Theather is an icon? Please. The hat is more recognizable and more of an icon!

I agree about the pin and hats for sale, but the problem seems to be whats under the hat and not the hat itself.

LONG LIFE THE HAT.

Enchantâmes

= =
The Chinese Theather is an icon? Please. The hat is more recognizable and more of an icon!

I agree about the pin and hats for sale, but the problem seems to be whats under the hat and not the hat itself.

LONG LIFE THE HAT.
No the Hat itself IS the problem... It clashes with the Hollywood theme. There is absolutely no reason why it is still there except for marketing. Imagineers want it gone as well, and I could care less what is under it it just ruins the themeing and the view of the Chinese Theater period.

SHORTY

I'm not for or against the hat but agree it looked much better when you entered the park and saw the CT in the distance. If anything, maybe put it at the entrance of the park right before the ticket turnstiles.

= =

LONG LIFE THE HAT.

I disagree and think that the HAT itself is in fact the problem. Instead of the hat having a long life, I would suggest that it be ripped apart and left out to rust backstage in some dead grassy knoll (perhaps next to the wand).

DESTROY THE HAT! :fork::fork::fork:

So that we can all rejoice. :wave::sohappy::wave:

WDW1974

I have personally worked with Eric and I can tell you he is one of the better ones. He was a senior show designer and producer on Great Movie Ride as well as Muppetvision. I know both of those attractions are now outdated but they were certainly first-class attractions at the time of their opening.

Yep. Eric has more 'hits' than misses on his resume. And certain projects weren't exactly his fault whether he worked on them or not.

There are certain high-level Imagineers I'd like to see tossed out on their arses (Tom Fitzgerald would be one) but I think Eric can do great things.

HMF

There are certain high-level Imagineers I'd like to see tossed out on their arses (Tom Fitzgerald would be one)
I've got a better idea he did write the scripts for SSE 86 & 94 so to reward him I would give him the Imagineering Ambassador job that Sklar just vacated. That way he won't be involved in the creative process and his bad ideas will not affect WDI anymore.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom