Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

NeverEnufDisney

If you must have an icon...

I have in the past suggested to move it to the Fantasmic area but I can see where it would be an eyesore there as well. If you must have an icon for the park and Earful Tower doesn't work, then either come up with something else or make a sorcerer's hat that's not so tacky. At least let's get it away from the theater.

CThaddeus

865ZDlhzt3.jpg

An interesting choice. As I recall, Hat turns out to be a baby killer. I don't recall the BAH killing any babies, but it certainly does kill an amazing view of the Chinese Theater...

dxwwf3

I've never hated the hat, but it sure would be nice to have Hollywood Boulevard back to the right way. The hat probably isn't worth cost of relocation, but I think once we got to walk down the street in its original vision again, few will remember the hat was even there.

gustaftp

They are currently refurbishing and re-painting Disneylands Astro Orbitor and that is expected to be removed within the next 2 years.:animwink:

It has been "expected to be removed" since 2003. But that's DL.

Over on our side, the DNA structure in front of Wonders of Life was painted 2 years before it was removed.

HMF

It has been "expected to be removed" since 2003. But that's DL.

Over on our side, the DNA structure in front of Wonders of Life was painted 2 years before it was removed.
Well' I was using that as an example It is supposed to be removed next year assuming everything goes right with DCA.

HMF

I just heard an interesting description of the WDI presentation. Apparently' they were running a slideshow showing recent additions to the park and the Imagineers commented on each one and when a picture of the hat came on the screen they said nothing and moved onto the next slide.

EPCOT Explorer

I just heard an interesting description of the WDI presentation. Apparently' they were running a slideshow showing recent additions to the park and the Imagineers commented on each one and when a picture of the hat came on the screen they said nothing and moved onto the next slide.
Do you have a link to this?

jt04

Yes they even mentioned it might be gone soon to loud applause. Apparently it was a bit of a running joke during the presentation from what I have heard. I have no doubt that some of the veteran imagineers hate the hat as much as most of us do.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Screw you guys, I like the hat. Once its gone (if it does leave), you all will just find something else to complain about anyway.

There are many things to complain about, as always. We will complain about them before the hat goes and after the hat goes. But we're here because, on the whole, we love WDW.

Do you like everything at WDW?

No, not at all, but there are much bigger problems than a park icon which really doesn't even look all that bad, especially at night. Yes, it blocks the view of the Chinese Theater, but oh well.

You miss my point. I wasn't commenting on the fact that you like the hat. I was reacting to your "You'll just find something else to complain about" comment. As you note, there are some things you don't like at WDW. Would you refrain from complaining about them? If so, I applaud your "If you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything at all" style. If not, then you are annoyed because we dislike something that you like, which is understandable, and have thrown in the crack about always finding something to complain about as a gratuitous whine.

WDWhumanmap

Thank God and Good Riddens!:wave:

I am sorry but from a past CM point of view espically from the Courtyard area it was nothing but an eyesore; to say the least. :zipit:

I can't even begin to tell you all how many times I got the dreaded what is the ride in the hat? Where is the line and how long is the wait?:eek::rolleyes:

Finally we all got so tired of it we decided to create our own ride out of it...
It is like spaceship earth it goes up and down inside; then it is a roller coaster around the rim and finally you get to pin trade at the end.:ROFLOL:

I can't wait to tell my friends that still work in the courtyard and gmr that the hat will be gone soon:sohappy: (because unfortunately they will not find out until it happends because guests/fans are always the 1st to know but we should be:D).

earldw28

This is the same thing people said about the wand right before it went down. BTW' Does anyone know if the Imagineering field guide to DHS is out yet?

For some reason Books-A-Million now says August 2010 for the date and Barnes and Noble has taken it off of their site completely.

Expo_Seeker40

So when (hopefully) Re-Imagineering shows a photoshopped image of the hat being demolished with giant explosions around it....we'll know it's coming down soon? :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom