Is Rock 'n' Roller Coaster changing its theme soon?

Matt_Black

My son is 10 and he loves to listen to Queen, AC/DC, Aerosmith, Guns n' Roses, The Who...and I am 33.
So that's not a generational issue...it's called bad parenting that leads kids to think that FallOut Boy is "punk" (Joey Ramone just rolled in his grave again), to think that this crap out there is good music.
Long live artists from the 80's, 90's and early 2000's making a come back because since the early 2000's music has sucked!

I don't think that's fair. I love lots of older artists, but there are plenty of younger groups, like Fallout Boy, that I enjoy as well. Comedian Frank Conniff (of MST3K) fame said something like, "Every generation thinks the music of the next generation stinks. My dad was wrong when he said it, and my peers are wrong when they say it about the bands younger than us."

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Fall Out Boy are mince and I wouldnt class them as new band. Trouble is most of the younger bands dont last and havent got the legacy to pull off the role in RnRC. Rival Sons & BSC I would class as new bands with a growing legacy but I suspect that despite being American bands their audience is bigger in Europe and beyond. Theres alot of whining about the same bands being festival headliners, but so few acts can draw the numbers promoters need.
Nickleback would gt my vote but the clichés of the brain dead would make that a hard sell. Slipnot, Rammstein not a chance, (C)rap artists only if you add a drive by section, Muse, Biffy Clyro not US friendly. Avenged Sevenfold 30 seconds to Mars on the downward turn. Mix tape it is then.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
My son is 10 and he loves to listen to Queen, AC/DC, Aerosmith, Guns n' Roses, The Who...and I am 33.
So that's not a generational issue...it's called bad parenting that leads kids to think that FallOut Boy is "punk" (Joey Ramone just rolled in his grave again), to think that this crap out there is good music.
Long live artists from the 80's, 90's and early 2000's making a come back because since the early 2000's music has sucked!

Yes it has, Destroyed by the cheap interchangeable 'hip hop' artists on one side, and brown eyed blondes on the other. with a few originals like Lady Gaga who still create interesting music.

216bruce

Maybe a "Weird Al" theme? Who doesn't want to go inverted while listening to "Eat It" as you pass through a giant donut or see the obvious Lucasfilm tie-in available here with "Yoda" or "The Saga Begins". The pre-board video would at least be entertaining. kidding....but...well, why not?

Kman101

I think they should just do a mix of rock. Guardians soundtrack could work, I'm not opposed to an overlay here. Of course money could be better used elsewhere ... but let's be honest, Aerosmith just isn't going to be on this ride forever. Can you see it in 20 years still being Aerosmith? I mean, maybe at WDW ;) LOL

I have no issues with Aerosmith but it's time for a makeover. I'm sort of surprised at how many are clinging to the Aerosmith theme. It's a coaster, in the dark, with some road signs and music. It's fun but nothing amazing. It could be re-themed and life would go on.

Brad Bishop

As someone else stated, if they just razed it and started over, I'd be OK with it.

It's a warehouse, an off the shelf coaster, and some thin theming in a really odd place. Sell the coaster to some place like Six Flags, maybe reuse the building for something interesting, and, now think about what's left: a small themed queue with a little intro and the "red carpet" unload area that empties into a gift shop.

This wasn't their best.

Kamikaze

As someone else stated, if they just razed it and started over, I'd be OK with it.

It's a warehouse, an off the shelf coaster, and some thin theming in a really odd place. Sell the coaster to some place like Six Flags, maybe reuse the building for something interesting, and, now think about what's left: a small themed queue with a little intro and the "red carpet" unload area that empties into a gift shop.

This wasn't their best.

No, but it does fit a space that is otherwise completely unrepresented at WDW - a (half decent) coaster with inversions.

cornandacobb

Aerosmith hasn't recorded a good song in 30 years and a great song in 40 years.
That being said, I've always enjoyed the theme and think it is still fine. If there is an expiring licensing agreement, then it would be time to re-theme the attraction.

PinnySmart

I was told quite a while ago that it would be GotG, and would be based around the Mixed Tape concept. This was WAY before the ToT rumors.

Not sure if that still stands due to the ToT redo, or if it will go along with it, which would make the end of the street all GotG.
Well since the GOTG redo is not coming to DHS then I would say no

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom