Is Rock 'n' Roller Coaster changing its theme soon?

OSUPhantom

I disagree with the idea that anyone under 20/in their 20's doesn't know Aerosmith. Last summer I went to one of their concerts and saw many younger adults/16-20 year olds. Just because Aerosmith isn't on the Top 50 Billboard each week doesn't mean they aren't recognizable.

I am not opposed to mixing up bands for the attraction but if they are going to change it don't limit it to one band. Allow a mixture of artists to be represented. Aerosmith, Guns N Roses, Fleetwood Mac, etc. I just would hate for it to become totally taken over by younger artists to try (and fail) and appeal to a younger demographic that already is going to ride because it's a roller coaster.

If it ain't broke don't fix it. Same goes for ToT.

Thebolt

I was told quite a while ago that it would be GotG, and would be based around the Mixed Tape concept.

Riding the coaster to 10cc's "I'm not in love" would be somewhat surreal.

Big Hero 6 would be a good match, with the Baymax flight scenes in the teleportation portal. The booming soundtrack idea wouldn't work so well though.

Cmdr_Crimson

This is who should take it over....
kissmouseearsplain.jpg

Jwhee

They should take it down, that sort of attraction and that sort of musical act are not appropriate to young children. something less intense would be better and if you must have music something from one of the young Disney artists where it is inoffensive would be magical.

*Cannot tell if serious or joking*

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
You know Gene would be down for it, because he LOVES slapping the KISS brand on all manner of garbage to sell. The gift shop at the end would no doubt be his idea of Heaven.

Did you know KISS has their own line of caskets?
They even have not one, but TWO pinball machines. Neither one is that good by pinball standards, though

Matt_Black

Yes, but Foo Fighters are more recognizable, I feel. Certainly, if Aerosmith is "too old" for modern guests, then Rush would almost certainly be as well.

Father Robinson

I wouldn't mind a retheme at all even though I love the ride. However, I don't think they need to change the theme of Rock n Roll, just merely drop the Aerosmith exclusivity and make it a celebration of rock in general. I think with a little creative thinking and theming, it could really be something special, timeless, and appealing to the masses.

HatboxGhost

I disagree with the idea that anyone under 20/in their 20's doesn't know Aerosmith. Last summer I went to one of their concerts and saw many younger adults/16-20 year olds. Just because Aerosmith isn't on the Top 50 Billboard each week doesn't mean they aren't recognizable.

I am not opposed to mixing up bands for the attraction but if they are going to change it don't limit it to one band. Allow a mixture of artists to be represented. Aerosmith, Guns N Roses, Fleetwood Mac, etc. I just would hate for it to become totally taken over by younger artists to try (and fail) and appeal to a younger demographic that already is going to ride because it's a roller coaster.

If it ain't broke don't fix it. Same goes for ToT.
I agree. There are a lot of younger people that I work with that know exactly who Aerosmith is.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom