Is Rock 'n' Roller Coaster changing its theme soon?

EthanMagicBands

Original Poster
I honestly think Disney would be better off avoiding a specific artist altogether. In this age of interactive attractions, this one seems obvious to me.

Totally agree. This is what I meant by Aerosmith not being timeless... Disney seems to be transitioning a lot of their property to longer-term IP that isn't locked in to some short-term pop culture. Hollywood Studios redo is a perfect example of that longer term idea. And for me, an update to this ride would fit into that.

And people don't ride this because of Aerosmith, they ride it because it's a roller coaster. They could change it to anything and it would till have long lines... And Disney wouldn't have to pay likeness and music rights to Aerosmith.

Wdw62114

That's a generation problem. Those same people didn't know Prince when he died or Micheal Jackson's legacy now. Furthermore, they certainly won't know films like Song of the South. I bet you can't wait to see Splah Mountain gutted. And I bet you will be first in line for the new Frozen ride in Epcot, too. Sometimes change is good. But change because of a generarion's ignorance? Not so much. #dreamon

Oh, and also, when is the last time Disney reskinned a ride and it turn out better than the original?

Haha agreed

Bacon

Let's see: Frozen is there already, so is Toy Story and Star Wars, and alledgedly ToT will be GoTG so what IP does that leave? Oh!

Ladies and gentlemen, the rollercoaster is getting an Avatar remake. Obviously.
no Avatar is already a new disney ip at ak i know

BIG HERO SIX SO KIDS KNOW GUM!
iu-17.jpeg

deere839

got a feeling they will turn it into a temp star wars attraction like during that one event recently where they turned it into star wars for a night

Brian Swan

Ask anyone under 20 who they are and I bet you get a blank face. They were great I the 90's, but timeless they are not.
I'm not entirely sure about that. I'm an "old guy" and Aerosmith was king when I was in HS back in the late 70s. From time to time I tune into the "big" local "alt rock" station, and in between Staind, Puddle of Mudd, Chili Peppers, Godsmack, etc, Aerosmith (and Ozzy) still gets airtime. It's a band that has "staying power" unlike many of the other 70s hard/alt rock bands. That being said, I wouldn't mind seeing an update...

Robbiemoo

Maybe there is a time limit on the licensing deal with Aerosmith?

I'm not a big fan of the RnRC so I'd be happy with a retheme. If this becomes a guardians of the Galaxy ride and tower of terror stays as the twilight zone I'd be happier than if it was the other way around

tirian

They should take it down, that sort of attraction and that sort of musical act are not appropriate to young children. something less intense would be better and if you must have music something from one of the young Disney artists where it is inoffensive would be magical.
Much-needed sarcasm

tirian

I'll toss on an Imagineering hat and throw this out there:

Considering its location in the park, RNRC could easily get a big-band soundtrack with a Roger Rabbit overlay. Blue Sky indeed.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I'll toss on an Imagineering hat and throw this out there:

Considering its location in the park, RNRC could easily get a big-band soundtrack with a Roger Rabbit overlay. Blue Sky indeed.
Fantasmic full orchestra with your choice of well known overture. F&8K1n cultural.

tirian

Fantasmic full orchestra with your choice of well known overture. F&8K1n cultural.
Approach Maroon Cartoon studios...pre-show is an upgraded hi-def cartoon that goes awry, with Baby Herman and RR needing a quick ride through LA to ToonTown...use a digital Pepper's Ghost affect to fill the pre-show space...walk through the backstreet with shadows of weasels and Jessica Rabbit...board one of Benny's SuperStretch cabs...blast through Hollywood and end in ToonTown. Randomize the pre-show cartoon and the soundtracks and you're good to go.

Build out the surrounding courtyard area with a kiddie ride and a shop.

I wish I could see this happen.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Approach Maroon Cartoon studios...pre-show is an upgraded hi-def cartoon that goes awry, with Baby Herman and RR needing a quick ride through LA to ToonTown...use a digital Pepper's Ghost affect to fill the pre-show space...walk through the backstreet with shadows of weasels and Jessica Rabbit...board one of Benny's SuperStretch cabs...blast through Hollywood and end in ToonTown. Randomize the pre-show cartoon and the soundtracks and you're good to go.

I wish I could see this happen.

Actually that sounds not 3 bad, so far that reason alone youve no chance.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I do wonder, not to be morbid but 2016 so far has been a horrible year for legendary musicians. If Stephen Tyler kicks the bucket, what is Disney's response going to be? Will they close the ride and re-theme it then? Open a "memorial" on the front of the attraction and keep the ride open, even though thematically you're taken out of the story due to that?

Ignohippo

I was told quite a while ago that it would be GotG, and would be based around the Mixed Tape concept. This was WAY before the ToT rumors.

Not sure if that still stands due to the ToT redo, or if it will go along with it, which would make the end of the street all GotG.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom