Is Rock 'n' Roller Coaster changing its theme soon?

ProfSavage

I vote for........
steel-panther-steel-panther-28809260-1610-970.jpg

Must be 18+ to ride. :p

Fun fact about Steel Panther: They sent our college radio station their full catalog once. We had all their CDs floating around the studio. Never knew if they were for real or a parody haha

Me and my younger brother both love the Aerosmith theme (I'm 20 and my brother is 15) and Rock n Roller coaster is one of our favourite rides! We were both brought up listening to Aerosmith through our parents.
I think the theme is still relevant, besides I think people ride it for the coaster, not because of it's theme. Maybe they aren't as well known by the younger generations but even if you don't know who they are, it's still one of the best Disney rides in my opinion! I think they should leave it as it is :)

asianway

That's a generation problem. Those same people didn't know Prince when he died or Micheal Jackson's legacy now. Furthermore, they certainly won't know films like Song of the South. I bet you can't wait to see Splah Mountain gutted. And I bet you will be first in line for the new Frozen ride in Epcot, too. Sometimes change is good. But change because of a generarion's ignorance? Not so much. #dreamon

Oh, and also, when is the last time Disney reskinned a ride and it turn out better than the original?
Timekeeper. I'd say Gran Fiesta but I know I'm in the minitory

doctornick

I don't think it would make any sense to take down any existing DHS ride for any period of time given the current attraction capacity of the park until more stuff opens. That said, in the longer term, I'd actually be okay with replacing Aerosmith with GotG for RnR if it were part of a greater makeover for that area making into something fitting for GotG (like making it a "hero" or "Action" area with BH6, Incredible, etc.) and connecting it to the other areas of the park by removing the Animation Building.

WDWVolFan

Ask anyone under 20 who they are and I bet you get a blank face. They were great I the 90's, but timeless they are not.
My son is 10 and he loves to listen to Queen, AC/DC, Aerosmith, Guns n' Roses, The Who...and I am 33.
So that's not a generational issue...it's called bad parenting that leads kids to think that FallOut Boy is "punk" (Joey Ramone just rolled in his grave again), to think that this crap out there is good music.
Long live artists from the 80's, 90's and early 2000's making a come back because since the early 2000's music has sucked!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom