Is Rock 'n' Roller Coaster changing its theme soon?

Spash007

Generally I think a retheme to another music act would be really hard given the state of rock music commercially and the lack of that many truly universal artists these days. Unless it's a huge icon like Elvis. I've previously suggested a RnRC style Beatles ride for the UK in Epcot.

When it is rethemed at some point (it's got to happen sometime, when Steven Tyler dies it's not like they're going to keep him there, that would just be weird) I would guess the ride name and everything will change and it will just be an IP.

I think this is all going to depend on where the park goes. Music is such an important part to LA that it would be a shame to lose that reference, but it also always seemed to be a stretch in a park centered on movies. They could remove the specific act, have the music that plays be a random selection so that your experience changes each time, and have it just be about the music industry in LA. The chance of that happening in the IP-centric world we live in though is probably low. And there really isn't a good IP to fit the music theme.

Now what would be absolutely amazing, but probably never going to happen, would be to extend that area in the park to be it's own land based on the music industry, could even be the music of the movies to tie in IPs. But I know that's probably just my own geekiness pulling for that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom