Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
No joke, I was just reading this exchange to my wife and the CNN special for the 2000s just showed a clip from West Wing where Bradley Whitford says he's running for President, not trying to fix the rides at Epcot. It was less than 5 seconds after my going through the exchange... I may be a witch.
No way. What ep?

Edit; this one?

JOSH
"Mark, 400 billion dollars. Social Security represents one-fourth of the
federal budget,
and it's gonna be bankrupt in exactly 17 years. Right around the time you're
going to
check your mailbox, half of the elderly population will be living in
poverty. This now,
qualifies as a priority, and running for President of the United States not
putting Social
Security front and center is like running for President of the Walt Disney
Corporation by
saying you're gonna fix the rides at Epcot."

Season two episode one

(From thewestwingtranscripts.com)

Last edited:

TeriofTerror

No way. What ep?

Edit; this one?

JOSH
"Mark, 400 billion dollars. Social Security represents one-fourth of the
federal budget,
and it's gonna be bankrupt in exactly 17 years. Right around the time you're
going to
check your mailbox, half of the elderly population will be living in
poverty. This now,
qualifies as a priority, and running for President of the United States not
putting Social
Security front and center is like running for President of the Walt Disney
Corporation by
saying you're gonna fix the rides at Epcot."

Season two episode one

(From thewestwingtranscripts.com)
I love that show. I still want Bartlet for President.

baymenxpac

Do you watch the entire series?
I've always thought the show ended with "Twenty Five".

so to take this thread off the rails hahaha

yes. seasons 6 and 7 are highly underrated (specifically seven). season 5 is even better than i usually remember. my two least favorite arcs in the post-sorkin era are the zoey thing and the camp david talks, but other than that, i really enjoy the entire series. for my money, it's as close to a perfect television series as i can get.

TeriofTerror

so to take this thread off the rails hahaha

yes. seasons 6 and 7 are highly underrated (specifically seven). season 5 is even better than i usually remember. my two least favorite arcs in the post-sorkin era are the zoey thing and the camp david talks, but other than that, i really enjoy the entire series. for my money, it's as close to a perfect television series as i can get.
Santos' live defense of liberalism was a thing of beauty!

pdude81

Requesting some form of an update on Indy in WDW!
DaisyDonaldIndianaJones2.PNG

rle4lunch

They're probably waiting to see if the new Indy 5 script (it's delayed as well, hmm..) will have any relevance toward dinos before making the final decision..

Kman101

Course it does.

WDI agree. But instead we got the blue men Soarin and the light show boat ride.

It's a loose fit. Better fit than Pandora? That's personal opinion. Would I want it more? Sure. Does it truly "fit"? No. It fits Adventureland better. Just like Indy. But "could" it fit? Of course.

I know you don't like it but Pandora actually lends itself well to the theme. I think the hatred for the movie gets in the way of appreciating the land. But to each their own and all.

Last edited:

Kman101

I assume they'd like to keep Indy going and I'm guessing (not a stretch ...) that this is Harrison's last hurrah at Indy. He seems to be going down memory lane, tying up old characters/movies. The best bet is to start a 'Young Indy' franchise somehow. Not sure what their plan is but I don't really know if I care to see Indy himself recast with say, Chris Pratt (you just know he will ... and I like Chris Pratt, but enough). For me, they need to spin it as Young Indy (but it needs to be better cast than 'Young Han').

Anywho ...

So they still seem to be dragging their feet on Indy in the parks? I mean, they've been hesitant for over 20 years now. It's simple: an Indy water ride in DHS. Done. It's NOT hard.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom