Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

Cesar R M

Busch Gardens Tampa should still have a couple machines.
Maybe soon we'll have more 3D printers making souvenirs.

3d printing would need a lot of improvements to achieve printing souvenir machines.
A good print takes HOURS in most of the home modern printers. Even the new faster and better quality UV/Laser ones still take up an hour for medium resolution.

ToTBellHop

I often forget how hypercritical people can be about the most innocuous of statements.
You’ve only been here 6 years. It takes at least 10 to:
A) learn the ropes
B) invent new ones
C) go crazy
OR
D) get banned after annoying The Mom 13 tines. I believe she has an Excel spreadsheet.

A few rare gems have successfully found E) all of the above.

rle4lunch

You’ve only been here 6 years. It takes at least 10 to:
A) learn the ropes
B) invent new ones
C) go crazy
OR
D) get banned after annoying The Mom 13 tines. I believe she has an Excel spreadsheet.

A few rare gems have successfully found E) all of the above.

Well, IMO (Which I shall preface on everything I post from now on, lol), I've always grounded myself in reality that:
a.) This is a message board, no more, no less. A well put together one mind you, but a message board nevertheless.
b.) It has 0% effect (positive/negative) on my life or overall well-being.
c.) Moderators of websites take themselves WAY too seriously most of the time, and its hilarious to watch them spin out of control
d.) If I haven't learned it in 6 years, I doubt I'll learn it in a decade on here. lol

I come to this site for the pictures, updates, and insider info, and to share my opinion on things that interest me. I've never gotten mad or upset with someone for disagreeing with me on here. Although I'm from the Gen X group, where computers and the internet are a 'nice to have' and not my 'livelyhood'. I don't let myself get wrapped around the axle on petty crap like others do on here (but I admit I do enjoy reading someone going off the rails once in a while).

wdwgreek

That one piece of concept art for MMRR is 1000x times better than what GMR ever delivered for me. GMR was kinda neat 15 years ago, but man it aged terribly and each time I rode it, it would remind me of one of those cheap knockoff wax museums in Hollywood. blech.
I just choked on my tea, excuse me what. Cheap knockoff wax museum? Dated, depends how much you like classic films, but knockoff wax museum? Really, listen I am a millennial I get it, old movies seem dry, but really they are masterpieces that captured unique snapshots of america at the time each film was made as well as were super culturally relevant at forming pop culture at the time. Foot light parade is indicative of the first wave of movie musicals, spectacles with amazing choreography that helped people escape the depression. All the Berkely films have left a indelible mark in the musical genre. Singing in the rain is perhaps the greatest movie musical ever made and still is referenced in pop culture. Mary Poppins needs not further dicussion. The Gangster Genre and the Western Genres are two of the largest box office draws of all time and continue to pump out new movies many of which are remakes of the classics. Rick in Casablanca defined what it meant to be masculine for the 20th century, every male driven action romance adventure is in his debt, not to mention the cinematography.
Wizard of Oz and Gone with the Wind both came out in the same year , but both have left a mark in america. Is there anything more american then Dorthoy and her gown, or anything that epitomizes what we think of as a villian like the wicked witch? The concept of the great movie ride is remarkable, it captures a snapshot of american history through our cultural median of film. It was a masterpiece of disney imagineering. Mickeys Rail road is an ivnentive ride for sure, but no, one piece of concept art for that ride cannot hold a candle to the GMR.

rle4lunch

I just choked on my tea, excuse me what. Cheap knockoff wax museum? Dated, depends how much you like classic films, but knockoff wax museum? Really, listen I am a millennial I get it, old movies seem dry, but really they are masterpieces that captured unique snapshots of america at the time each film was made as well as were super culturally relevant at forming pop culture at the time. Foot light parade is indicative of the first wave of movie musicals, spectacles with amazing choreography that helped people escape the depression. All the Berkely films have left a indelible mark in the musical genre. Singing in the rain is perhaps the greatest movie musical ever made and still is referenced in pop culture. Mary Poppins needs not further dicussion. The Gangster Genre and the Western Genres are two of the largest box office draws of all time and continue to pump out new movies many of which are remakes of the classics. Rick in Casablanca defined what it meant to be masculine for the 20th century, every male driven action romance adventure is in his debt, not to mention the cinematography.
Wizard of Oz and Gone with the Wind both came out in the same year , but both have left a mark in america. Is there anything more american then Dorthoy and her gown, or anything that epitomizes what we think of as a villian like the wicked witch? The concept of the great movie ride is remarkable, it captures a snapshot of american history through our cultural median of film. It was a masterpiece of disney imagineering. Mickeys Rail road is an ivnentive ride for sure, but no, one piece of concept art for that ride cannot hold a candle to the GMR.

Missed my point completely. Ride concept is/was fine, execution of the ride in its last iteration, old and dated. They didn't care to update it with new AA or anything (probably because a. they're cheap, and b. they knew they were going to replace/retheme it)

I love old movies. They are the standard bearer of what film "should be". I wasn't talking about movies, I was talking about the attraction itself.

Side note, did you actually nearly 'spit out your tea'? cuz that's kinda funny.

wdwgreek

Missed my point completely. Ride concept is/was fine, execution of the ride in its last iteration, old and dated. They didn't care to update it with new AA or anything (probably because a. they're cheap, and b. they knew they were going to replace/retheme it)

I love old movies. They are the standard bearer of what film "should be". I wasn't talking about movies, I was talking about the attraction itself.

Side note, did you actually nearly 'spit out your tea'? cuz that's kinda funny.
I'm studying for the bar exam right now, so I am not fully a real person so I tend to be dramatic right now... long way of saying yes I did spit out my tea. I would argue the set dressings alone, beyond detailed, outshines even the nicest wax museum.

RSoxNo1

Yes.

Every so often he links to a piece he wrote on his blog that is relevant to the discussion. There was a quite recent one, but I forget which thread.
Yes, and it has an excellent rumor tracker that tracks rumors from people who aren't our WDWMagic insiders, and a whole set of WDW blueprints.

http://www.wdwthemeparks.com/all
I appreciate the messages guys. As a point of note, my site doesn't include any Opinion pieces. I post those over at MiceChat and only do one or two a year.

RSoxNo1

We could crowd fund it, and then the two of you could get to work. Sorted!

When are you free to start? It may take a while to raise enough funds ........
I'll be on vacation (non-Disney World division) from 7/9-7/24, after that I'm available.

RSoxNo1

It would be nice if they were to hire me. I'm available to fix Epcot.
No joke, I was just reading this exchange to my wife and the CNN special for the 2000s just showed a clip from West Wing where Bradley Whitford says he's running for President, not trying to fix the rides at Epcot. It was less than 5 seconds after my going through the exchange... I may be a witch.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom