1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

Discussion in 'WDW Parks News, Rumors and Current Events' started by TheVisionarySoul, Aug 14, 2017.

1. TheVisionarySoul

TheVisionarySoul Well-Known Member

Hello everyone, it has been quite a while, but I'm back once again. This time I'm hearing lots of rumors from multiple sources about Indiana Jones coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom. The most extreme of them include all of Dinoland USA being replaced with an Indiana Jones themed land. This would include the closing of Dinosaur to convert it into the Indiana Jones Adventure, an archeology-themed dig site to replace the Boneyard, and the demolition and eventual replacement of Chester and Hester's Dino-rama. (And before you ask, no, I have no idea what is happening to Finding Nemo- The Musical or the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular.) This is purely rumor at this point, but I'm curious if anyone else has heard anything similar. Please comment if you know something, or if you're afraid to talk about it publicly, PM me here.

2. EPICOT

EPICOT Well-Known Member

I sure hope not. I'd love for Indy to have a greater presence at WDW, but AK is not the park for it.

3. Derrit

Derrit Well-Known Member

When Animal Kingdin gets another expansion i do hope it's in the realm of non-fiction.

However i do think i would be a bit uneased if they removed The dino presence at Animal Kingdom, we need representation of animals of the present, past, and fantasy in our lovely Animal Kingdom.

4. FigmentJedi

FigmentJedi Well-Known Member

Sounds like someone's been hitting the Armchair Imagineering stuff a little hard.

Besides, they got the Stunt Show/Star Tours area they can convert into an Indy land. Use the space that was originally going to be Galaxy's Edge.

5. BasiltheBatLord

BasiltheBatLord Well-Known Member

This got my blood boiling.

But then this made me not care. Although I'd have to agree the IJ IP doesn't really make sense in AK, unless they themed the ride to something animal-specific. Would prefer that an IJA type attraction go into DHS.

6. Just4Pics

Just4Pics Well-Known Member

I expect @marni1971 will be here soon to shut this down.

The speculation, not the thread.

7. BrianLo

BrianLo Well-Known Member

Well, Joe was on a business trip to Bali...

Certainly was having trouble rationalizing how that trip made any sense for a Marvel project.

8. Sped2424

Sped2424 Well-Known Member

He might but visionary has an impeccable track record. This is indeed interesting news to say the least.

9. HMF

HMF Well-Known Member

Might as well re-name the park Disney's Human Kingdom then.

RobotWolf, ItlngrlBella, bee and 17 others like this.
  10. Just4Pics

Does he??

I apologize. I'm relatively new here. I didn't know that Visionary was an insider.

Well then I hope @marni1971 will be here soon to confirm! :)

dreamscometrue likes this.
  11. Jeff456

Jeff456 Well-Known Member

I hope this isn't true, Dinosaur is one of my favourite attractions in WDW. Although if they wanted to open the Indiana Jones adventure ride in DHS I'd be all for it...

12. Casper Gutman

Casper Gutman Well-Known Member

If they are ADDING Indy... well, it doesn't actually fit... at all... but, I can live with that for more rides and a new expansion! Yay!!

Now, if they actually replace Dinoland, it's moronic - AK needs a few more rides and it has multiple places to stick a land.

13. epcot82fan

epcot82fan EPCOT Center Purist

@TheVisionarySoul has a decent track record. He/she was the one that informed us of GMR closing way back, and look what just happened. Now that that thread is no longer relevant I guess it was time to drop the next big news.

14. GhostHost1000

GhostHost1000 Well-Known Member

I'm all for getting rid of dinoland but that may actual fit better in "animal" kingdom than something like Indy...and that's painful to say

15. Just4Pics

The Indiana Jones Adventure in DL is set in a ruined temple in India. AK has a whole section dedicated to India and Nepal (Asia).

It actually fits pretty perfectly in that regard, and quite a bit better than blue aliens, or a Yeti for that matter.

16. peter11435

peter11435 Well-Known Member

No

17. marni1971

marni1971 WDW History nut Premium Member

I expect something to happen to Dinoland in the next five years or so. What I don't know.

18. Spike-in-Berlin

Spike-in-Berlin Well-Known Member

I wouldn't believe those rumors because it is the wrong park, Indiana Jones in DAK doesn't make any sense, the same with an "archeology-themed dig site". What has this to do with the theme of DAK? As much as I would appreciate (a heavy understatement) IJA to finally come also to the east coast (and this terrible cheap dino-rama finally go), it doesn't belong into THIS park. I mean what kind of animals do they want to show in this area? Snakes, tarantulas, siafu ants and giant beetles?

WDWTank, dennis-in-ct and Peter Pano like this.
  19. mikenatcity1

mikenatcity1 Well-Known Member

I hope not. I like Dinosaur. I like that the ride technology is the same on both coasts but has a completely different theme. And I agree with a lot of people- lets bring something non-fiction into the park. Of course, what to put in, that's the ticket.

20. wdwmagic

wdwmagic Administrator Moderator

Guardians of the Galaxy in Epcot should tell you something.