Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

Kman101

Probably waiting to see what the eventual plot will be for Indy V (Indiana Jones and the Enlarged Prostate) so that they can incorporate elements of it into a new ride. Since the film has been delayed because of rumored script issues, it's safer to just keep Dinosaur running until things are set in stone with the script.

Grandpa Jones and The Searh For The Fountain of Youth? Maybe he's searching for the fountain of youth? ;)

They need to stop delaying the movie. Harrison isn't getting any younger (though I personally feel he's more than capable and we should all be hopeful to be active and look as good as he does at his age). Not trying to be mean but he seems like he's going on a last hurrah of his popular characters/films ...

BlakeW39

I'm right here with you. I agree. Pandora surprised me. I know people like to complain about it but it fits better than some want to admit. Do I have my quibbles? Sure. But I think they did it well.

Yep. My only problem with Pandora was its quantity of attractions and such. FoP is phenomenal, and I firmly believe it to be one of Orlando's greatest gems, but Na'Vi Rover Journey is so short and doesn't even highlight the great wildlife of Pandora. Also it could use a show or the scrapped ride maybe. If Pandora just had a trail, just something with some wildlife animatronics then I would be 100% set.

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I'm right here with you. I agree. Pandora surprised me. I know people like to complain about it but it fits better than some want to admit. Do I have my quibbles? Sure. But I think they did it well.
I’ve always said it looks very nice. Don’t think I’ve had an issue with the theme either.

Kman101

Yep. My onoy problem with Pandora was its quantity of attractions and such. FoP is phenomenal, and I firmly believe it tp be one of Orlando's greatest gems, but Na'Vi Rover Journey is so short and doesn't even highlight the great wildlife of Pandora. Also it could use a show or the scrapped ride maybe. If Pandora just had a trail, just something with some wildlife animatronics then I would be 100% set.

The problem they have is cutting third attractions, be it coasters or land transportation in a Galaxy Far, Far Away ... I get these things cost way more than they should but the budget axing needs to stop. I think River Journey is very immersive, the screens actually work well but it's too short. They could have really made an impressive ride through the forest. Make it the Pandora Jungle Cruise/Kilimanjaro Safari. Not that I mind a quiet boat ride in the ambience, I know many found that a let down and boring but I think they could have found a nice balance. What's there is good ... there just needed to be more of it.

A theater or trail would have been a great addition.

Toy Story Land, while not a high bar, could have been the best Toy Story Land of them all but it's a big disappointment simply due to all the budget cuts. It's not a thrilling land by any means but really pad it out. Give us a Carousel, RC Racer, etc. I'm not sure on Swirling Saucers. It seems a bit bare in terms of theming, personally. I'd have taken the plasticy looking Bullseye version. Saucers could have been a spinner or regular tea cups. Anywho, this thread isn't about TSL but man, I wish they'd stop budget cutting things. Not to mention they seem to hate putting in shade. It was also a mistake not to include a full gift shop and a full Pizza Planet. They could have bookended the land and even be playsets made to look like the 'real thing'.

Sigh.

It's not hard Disney!

Kman101

I’ve always said it looks very nice. Don’t think I’ve had an issue with the theme either.

OK.

You just sometimes seem pretty dismissive of AK (which hurts, LOL). It has it's flaws but I think the theming is fantastic. Pandora was never my first choice but I like what they did. I wanted a bit more from the boat ride and we're all a bit burnt out on simulators (I had two friends of mine, Universal fans, really complaining last week about all the screen additions and one friend absolutely hated F&F; I'm looking forward to Nintendo and Harry's family coaster and they will be to. My one friend said he was tired of putting on glasses and he wanted to actually move somewhere in the attraction. I just found it interesting that friends I don't talk to about the boards have some of the same complaints).

Anyway, I always enjoy conversing.

BlakeW39

The problem they have is cutting third attractions, be it coasters or land transportation in a Galaxy Far, Far Away ... I get these things cost way more than they should but the budget axing needs to stop. I think River Journey is very immersive, the screens actually work well but it's too short. They could have really made an impressive ride through the forest. Make it the Pandora Jungle Cruise/Kilimanjaro Safari. Not that I mind a quiet boat ride in the ambience, I know many found that a let down and boring but I think they could have found a nice balance. What's there is good ... there just needed to be more of it.

Toy Story Land, while not a high bar, could have been the best Toy Story Land of them all but it's a big disappointment simply due to all the budget cuts. It's not a thrilling land by any means but really pad it out. Give us a Carousel, RC Racer, etc. I'm not sure on Swirling Saucers. It seems a bit bare in terms of theming, personally. I'd have taken the plasticy looking Bullseye version. Saucers could have been a spinner or regular tea cups. Anywho, this thread isn't about TSL but man, I wish they'd stop budget cutting things. Not to mention they seem to hate putting in shade. It was also a mistake not to include a full gift shop and a full Pizza Planet. They could have bookended the land and even be playsets made to look like the 'real thing'.

Sigh.

It's not hard Disney!

I'm 100% with you on that. Due to budget restraints, it is often that attractions get scrapped and a land is left feeling a bit empty. Animal Kingdom is the subject of such treatment very frequently.

Even though Pandora fits like a glove, they focus very little on the biodiversity of Pandora. The River journey might have been better if, aside from it just being in general more, the final AA was something like a Banshee rather than a Na'Vi. Also aside from it being very short and having no animatronic beasts, it had no story.

I could see in the future an expansion which added another ride that had large animatronic fauna - be it a trail or ride.

Budget cuts are the reason for this thread - if they never cut the budget on dinoland then nobody would be complaining (rightfully) about C&H Dinorama.

geekza

I just wish FoP was a little more accessible to larger body types. I'd love to ride it, but I'm 6'3" and about 310lbs. No way I can justify waiting in a long line, going through the lengthy pre-show and then having my long legs and Smithfield hams I have for thighs cause me to take the Walk of Shame. I'm going to have to skip the 7DMT for the same reason.

BlakeW39

It still needs more attractions. Good ones. Theming is only as good as setting the scene.

While you are certainly correct in that DAK could use more traditional rides, we must also consider that DAK is not entirely about traditional rides.

One of my favorite things to do at Animal Kingdom is to explore it. The trails (which they could use another of showcasing some more Kilimanjaro wildlife), the general atmosohere of the park allows for one to do a lot more than just rides. So I can ride Kali but then I can go and spend over 3x as long on the trail next door.

So DAK needs about 3 more E tickets imo, a thrill in Africa certainly included, but it is still in the best condition of all the parks in that, since opening (when it was already good but sparse in attractions) it has only gotten better.

I can't say the same for my beloved MK, and we all know what's happened to the other two.

BlakeW39

And that’s fine too. So why not cater for everyone? As we’ve said numerous times before.

Because you kind of can't. I don't go to Hollywood Studios and complain there aren't enough elephants. Everyone isn't going to like everything, I'm sure some don't care all that much for Kili which is my fav attraction on property.

We're in agreement on DAK's need of new attractions, all I'm saying is that it does have quite a bit already when you do all of it. Last time I was there I barely had time to do the trails.

Edit: yeah we are getting a bit off topic lol. Back to Indy and dinoland

Kman101

Because you kind of can't. I don't go to Hollywood Studios and complain there aren't enough elephants. Everyone isn't going to like everything, I'm sure some don't care all that much for Kili which is my fav attraction on property.

We're in agreement on DAK's need of new attractions, all I'm saying is that it does have quite a bit already when you do all of it. Last time I was there I barely had time to do the trails.

Edit: yeah we are getting a bit off topic lol. Back to Indy and dinoland

The park has a lot to do. But some only want rides. It absolutely needs a few more attractions, most all of us have agreed on that, I felt it kind of went without saying.

Kman101

It still needs more attractions. Good ones. Theming is only as good as setting the scene.

"Good ones" is subjective. I can spend a day in the park and ride nearly nothing and have a great day. There's never been a question of it needing more attractions, I felt it went without saying, lol. I absolutely agree it needs more rides, but the park doesn't get the credit it deserves for it's great theming.

But we should all move on I guess, lol.

Bocabear

Sigh.

It's not hard Disney!
I agree,and enclosing the Swirling Saucers with AC and immersive effects swirling planets and all, it could have been spectacular for just a spinner... A real Disney-fied version rather than just painted and plastic-y looking...meh.

CalebS

Gotcha, thanks. They shouldn’t ignore AK for the 50th just because of pandora it will be 4 years old by then and needs a new awesome ride for 2021. A new E ticket in each of the 4 parks for 2021, imagine the marketing you could do with that, but it doesn’t look like DHS will have a 2021 ride.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Gotcha, thanks. They shouldn’t ignore AK for the 50th just because of pandora it will be 4 years old by then and needs a new awesome ride for 2021. A new E ticket in each of the 4 parks for 2021, imagine the marketing you could do with that, but it doesn’t look like DHS will have a 2021 ride.
There won’t be a new attraction in each park for the 50th. Main focus will be the MK.

HauntedMansionFLA

OK.

You just sometimes seem pretty dismissive of AK (which hurts, LOL). It has it's flaws but I think the theming is fantastic. Pandora was never my first choice but I like what they did. I wanted a bit more from the boat ride and we're all a bit burnt out on simulators (I had two friends of mine, Universal fans, really complaining last week about all the screen additions and one friend absolutely hated F&F; I'm looking forward to Nintendo and Harry's family coaster and they will be to. My one friend said he was tired of putting on glasses and he wanted to actually move somewhere in the attraction. I just found it interesting that friends I don't talk to about the boards have some of the same complaints).

Anyway, I always enjoy conversing.
The timing of the Pandora announcement was just a month or two before Lucas decided to sell LucasFilms ( Star Wars). There might not have been The World Of Pandora if Star Wars were in Disney’s Hands. There is an area for expansion of the land. There are several new Avatar movies coming out that could tie itself to the land. The land is breathtaking. A lot of people have never seen the movie and are in awe of the scope of the land. Gives me hope for that other land coming in 2019.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom