Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

ToTBellHop

I assume they'd like to keep Indy going and I'm guessing (not a stretch ...) that this is Harrison's last hurrah at Indy. He seems to be going down memory lane, tying up old characters/movies. The best bet is to start a 'Young Indy' franchise somehow. Not sure what their plan is but I don't really know if I care to see Indy himself recast with say, Chris Pratt (you just know he will ... and I like Chris Pratt, but enough). For me, they need to spin it as Young Indy (but it needs to be better cast than 'Young Han').

Anywho ...

So they still seem to be dragging their feet on Indy in the parks? I mean, they've been hesitant for over 20 years now. It's simple: an Indy water ride in DHS. Done. It's NOT hard.
They tried Shia LaBeouf and we were all like, "Nah, I'm good."

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It's a loose fit. Better fit than Pandora? That's personal opinion. Would I want it more? Sure. Does it truly "fit"? No. It fits Adventureland better. Just like Indy. But "could" it fit? Of course.

I know you don't like it but Pandora actually lends itself well to the theme. I think the hatred for the movie gets in the way of appreciating the land. But to each their own and all.
What are we talking about now?

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
I meant Young Indy (like recasting Fords Indy with an actor who plays Young Indy in stories from Indy’s youth). Not what they did by giving him a mutt ;)

Young Indy... They could put it on Freeform to up their numbers and knock CW down a peg or two. Freeform's in a tailspin. The rebranding from ABC Family to Freeform didn't do much to sway viewership or boost marketing demos. Better shows... that would help! A Young Indy reboot could be just the thing to put Freeform back in good standing.

That and maybe a revisited Jim Henson's Dinosaurs. Both would boost their viewer base. There! I combined BOTH the Indiana Jones discussion and Dinosaurs discussion into one semi-related thread.

The ONLY place to see Indy and Dinosaurs should be Freeform!

Last edited:

Timothy_Q

Young Indy... They could put it on Freeform to up their numbers and knock CW down a peg or two. Freeform's in a tailspin. The rebranding from ABC Family to Freeform didn't do much to sway viewership or boost marketing demos. Better shows... that would help! A Young Indy reboot could be just the thing to put Freeform back in good standing.
An Indiana Jones TV show is actually a pretty cool idea.

I always felt the Indy movies lacked a bigger mythology that connected them all (like SW)
A TV show would be great for that

rle4lunch

An Indiana Jones TV show is actually a pretty cool idea.

I always felt the Indy movies lacked a bigger mythology that connected them all (like SW)
A TV show would be great for that

There was a young indy show long ago. It was pretty good.

Freeform can only rely on Harry Potter marathons for so long. Now that syfy and usa are running them nonstop, they'll need to find another YA crapfest to run (Harry Potter Potter isn't a crapfest, I know).

BlakeW39

I heard about this rumor a while back. I'm a little bit on the fence with this.

The rumor, as I understand it, is Indiana Jones replacing DINOSAUR due to the rides similarity to another even older ride at another park, taking the uniqueness away from both (at least favorable if not actually great) attractions. Some other rumor involved a South America themed land with native fauna and cultures like Africa and Asia, but I'd dismiss this seeing the currect direction WDW seems to be taking in the parks. Plus you don't need Indy in S. America. But that isn't me saying S. America woudn't be cool. I'd love it, but if it ever did happen, it won't anytime soon.

Indiana Jones very well can fit Disney's Animal Kingdom, and I love the park so I do understand how the DL ride could interfere with DAK's true theme. However if they desire to use the IP, they could do as follows: build a brand new ride in Asia or maybe even Africa, and instead of igmorantly and needlesly shoehorning in a completely unrelated study in paleontology (the study of prehistoric life), celebrate the side of archeology (Indy's profession) that focuses on nature's effect on man, and man's effect on nature. Explore an ancient forest and cave, maybe incorporate a temple, and tell a story that depicts and explores the relationship between man and beast/nature.

If you try to mix Indiana Jones with dinosaurs... then.. no. Just don't do it. Lol. In no way does Indiana Jones fit with dinosaurs, he has no knowledge of dinosaurs and doesn't care about them any more than a normal person. It wouldn't even look right... you might as well put Zootopia in DAK. And nobody wants that lol.

Disney's Animal Kingdom is such a cohesive park, and for the most part everything there is well done - except Kali's boredome in lack of story and awe and Na'Vi's lack of wildlife in an animal themed park... not too mention its short time frame... but I digress. It's a great park and I think any new attractions should be weighed carefully. Whatever comes though, Rohde has my trust in that I think that he can handle it. Pandora wowed me - as someone who appreciates ecology, they made me believe that Pandora had a very specific ecosystem and they really did well with the whole concept.

Plus, prehistory is crucial to DAK's core theming and thus should NEVER be eliminated. Prehistory should always have one land at least, dinosaurs in particular.

So yeah, Indiana Jones can be fit into DAK. But to quote Ian Malcolm with a better question, should they? Sure you can, but Indiana Jones isn't needed at DAK and is at DHS. I mean I actually like the idea, and I think the park would do well with a park that that explored the history of mankind and nature in a cool, adventurous Indiana Jones style attraction. But I still wonder if Indy is not better served with a land in DHS. Since DHS can't have a Marvel land as of now.

Last edited:

Capsin4

If you try to mix Indiana Jones with dinosaurs... then.. no. Just don't do it. Lol. In no way does Indiana Jones fit with dinosaurs, he has no knowledge of dinosaurs and doesn't care about them any more than a normal person. It wouldn't even look right... you might as well put Zootopia in DAK. And nobody wants that lol.

There’s a book about Indy and Dinos that sees him off to find the last living triceratops.

BlakeW39

There’s a book about Indy and Dinos that sees him off to find the last living triceratops.

Lol yeah I've heard about that. But is it canon? Even if it is, Indy w/ dinodaurs doesn't make sense. He would no less about dinosaurs than a zoologist... and a zoologist hasn't any real need for the knowledge either.

Kman101

What are we talking about now?

I thought it was clear? No?

EDIT: It doesn't matter, lol. Wasn't important in the slightest. Just enjoy conversing but I think I quoted something from like a month ago, so apologies.

I'd have preferred Mysterious Island in AK but I think Pandora actually fits better. I think it works better. I think Mysterious Island works better for Adventureland. I'm not attached either way to Pandora but I like what they did. I have my quibbles but I think it fits the park. Like I said, an old discussion doesn't matter much what I think, lol.

Anyway ... back to Indy.

So they still can't seem to decide on what to do with Indy? Still blue sky?

Last edited:

geekza

Probably waiting to see what the eventual plot will be for Indy V (Indiana Jones and the Enlarged Prostate) so that they can incorporate elements of it into a new ride. Since the film has been delayed because of rumored script issues, it's safer to just keep Dinosaur running until things are set in stone with the script.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Probably waiting to see what the eventual plot will be for Indy V (Indiana Jones and the Enlarged Prostate) so that they can incorporate elements of it into a new ride. Since the film has been delayed because of rumored script issues, it's safer to just keep Dinosaur running until things are set in stone with the script.
Darn, I was hoping for Indiana Jones and the Alien Colonoscopy...

BlakeW39

I thought it was clear? No?

EDIT: It doesn't matter, lol. Wasn't important in the slightest. Just enjoy conversing but I think I quoted something from like a month ago, so apologies.

I'd have preferred Mysterious Island in AK but I think Pandora actually fits better. I think it works better. I think Mysterious Island works better for Adventureland. I'm not attached either way to Pandora but I like what they did. I have my quibbles but I think it fits the park. Like I said, an old discussion doesn't matter much what I think, lol.

Anyway ... back to Indy.

I was originally more than skeptical of Pandora in DAK, but when I saw it for myself I fell in love with it, I mean it really is a perfect fit in so many ways, and if we weren't getting Beastly Kingdom, I'm glad Pandora wzs our replacement. It gave me so much hope in Rohde that he could make an (as in only one) Indy attraction work just as well in say, Asia or Africa.

Kman101

I was originally more than skeptical of Pandora in DAK, but when I saw it for myself I fell in love with it, I mean it really is a perfect fit in so many ways, and if we weren't getting Beastly Kingdom, I'm glad Pandora wzs our replacement. It gave me so much hope in Rohde that he could make an (as in only one) Indy attraction work just as well in say, Asia or Africa.

I'm right here with you. I agree. Pandora surprised me. I know people like to complain about it but it fits better than some want to admit. Do I have my quibbles? Sure. But I think they did it well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom