Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

Disstevefan1

Now come on, they did add Star Wars land with a good ride (that doesn't work as well anymore) and 2 new roller coasters (one good, one not). And then got rid of a lot of the extra fluff like shows, street stuff, random fun extras. And you get to pay for your fast passes now. All for just an extra $35 or so per person per day.
Now you did it! I miss the Osborne lights 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Lilofan

Now you did it! I miss the Osborne lights 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
If you stay at Fort Wilderness in Dec Jan drive through and or walk through the RV loops and many RVs are decked out with many Christmas lights . It is a sight to see. It is their version of the Osborne lights. RIP Jennings Osborne who started it all. Some guests were even toasting marshmallows in their fire pits.

Last edited:

Willmark

They’ve spent a ridiculous amount of money and ungodly time to do construction that added net nothing…and way underdelivered on replacements.

They would try to tell you with a straight face that’s it’s a benefit to us…

When in reality it just wasted all our precious time and decreased confidence/increased cynicism in the parks brand
Stockholm Syndrome indeed.

Wife is talking about wanting to go next year as she is the Disney fan. Looking at the changes and the ridiculous pricing, let alone nickel and diming? Disney was a poor value in 2018, now it’s pathetic.

So again? Theming, nostalgia? As to the first Disney is just another amusement park with theming and exceptional IP lawyers. As to the second I never went as a kid so it has no special hold on me.

Not really looking forward to it. Vacation? Sure but the grind of getting up at the “crack of stupid” as I call it? It’s not a a vacation in a lot of ways.

Grimley1968

Wife is talking about wanting to go next year as she is the Disney fan. Looking at the changes and the ridiculous pricing, let alone nickel and diming? Disney was a poor value in 2018, now it’s pathetic.

So again? Theming, nostalgia? As to the first Disney is just another amusement park with theming and exceptional IP lawyers. As to the second I never went as a kid so it has no special hold on me.

Not really looking forward to it. Vacation? Sure but the grind of getting up at the “crack of stupid” as I call it? It’s not a a vacation in a lot of ways.

The way to temper WDW expectations in others is to let those who are most excited about it do the grunt work in the planning of such a trip. I used to be the one to plan our trips, but the planning has gotten so ridiculous (now also factoring in how to save every penny) that the thought of it does more to dissuade me from even mentioning the idea of returning to WDW anytime soon. My wife never enjoyed the planning even when it was simpler, so she's not going to jump in and do it. Off to the beach for us, even in a few weeks yet again. The almost complete lack of spontaneity at WDW these days is the best tonic anyone could have come up with to cure that pesky but powerful and money-draining nostalgia. It's ironic that it's all Disney's doing.

Lilofan

That's one thing a number of tourists go through everyday on their week long group tour. Its a routine at times exhausting , get up early breakfast with group all day seeing the sights with tour guides lunch and dinner with group at times , get back to hotel late, rinse and repeat everyday. Coming to the USA one needs a vacation after a vacation. This grind wore my family out. One noticeable thing is protests sometimes shut down areas including tourists sights. Not reality here in our country.

tpoly88

What's going to change in the fall that all of a sudden those people will have money to go to Disney?

From what some of said room availability is wide open for the fall and winter.
They are not going to all of sudden get a windfall but there is a little item going on called an election and people always start tightening up before hand as they get afraid the other side from theirs will win. the other reason is it wont be 110 degrees on the heat index! I have a lot of people i know all went to Europe this summer or trips elsewhere to get out of the heat. I read an article on the fact that a 4 day Disney vaca for a family of 4 is on avg $4200. that's not staying at a deluxe resort either and that is before the add on's, which could bump it up to $6000+. Thats a lot of money.

Willmark

My good sir, have you noticed you’ve made almost 7k posts in your free time, on a Disney World fan forum?
About 4-5000ish were in a sub forum that no longer exists.

As to the rest? The Mouse owns SW.

Add to that if I am going to go to WDW I want to make sure I’m as informed as possible.

Lastly. While Disney is my wife’s thing, I’m willing to go if it makes her happy.

But thanks for the concern?

Prince-1

About 4-5000ish were in a sub forum that no longer exists.

As to the rest? The Mouse owns SW.

Add to that if I am going to go to WDW I want to make sure I’m as informed as possible.

Lastly. While Disney is my wife’s thing, I’m willing to go if it makes her happy.

But thanks for the concern?

If you make that many posts on here then it is safe to say that Disney is your thing as well. ;)

The Mom

Premium Member
From Click Orlando.com:
The Orlando International Airport (MCO) reported on Tuesday that this year broke the record for overall Fourth of July travelers.

MCO stated in a news release it had over 707,000 estimated departures over the nine-day travel period associated with Independence Day, earning 2024 the top spot for the busiest Fourth of July holiday in the airport’s history. In total, MCO saw approximately 1.5 million travelers, according to officials.

So if we are breaking travel records at the airport, where are all the people going, that is the bigger question? Granted the 707,000 were departures but the overall number of 1.5 Million is still valid. Marie
Many people from Northern Fl use MCO because it is possible to get direct international flights.

lentesta

Premium Member
I'm sure it's a coincidence. But the TEA/AECOM website that used to say "2023 report coming soon" got wiped around 5 pm today, and now just shows the 2022 report.

The old page for the last few months:
Screenshot 2024-08-09 at 6.30.06 PM.png

The current page as of tonight:

Screenshot 2024-08-09 at 6.30.49 PM.png

Jrb1979

I'm sure it's a coincidence. But the TEA/AECOM website that used to say "2023 report coming soon" got wiped around 5 pm today, and now just shows the 2022 report.

The old page for the last few months:
View attachment 807695

The current page as of tonight:

View attachment 807696
I have a feeling it's not a coincidence. You have Disney who doesn't want numbers to come out, you also have Universal having the same view. Add in Six Flags/Cedar Fair who talked about low attendance at the former Six Flags parks and it's not much of a surprise.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom