Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

Gringrinngghost

my point is that it’s not an “internal” problem for UOR…tightening budgets and the first new thing in 25 years will take a bite out of all the parks
Oh its very much a internal problem at UOR and they are acting as if they are hemorrhaging money, and quite frankly near bankruptcy. Karen Irwin, the COO is solely working on getting South Campus open and having a solid opening time frame and another subordinate is reporting to her, but is overseeing all of north campus (What is currently open).

HHN is at a reduced budget, they are doing budget cuts resort wide and do I even need to mention the loss of 3D at Kong, Fast’s reduced hours and Temporary closure, half the back of USF opening up an hour after park open. Those are all at the hand of budget cuts.

UOR Budget cuts aside, both Universal saw a 10% decrease and Disney saw a 3% decrease for the last quarter. It’s kinda like people are waiting to come by a year to see both Epic and Disney. It's not exactly rocket science.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
UOR Budget cuts aside, both Universal saw a 10% decrease and Disney saw a 3% decrease for the last quarter. It’s kinda like people are waiting to come by a year to see both Epic and Disney. It's not exactly rocket science.

It actually is more like rocket science than that…

The per day/per week price on I-4 has exceeded the reasonable means of a big chunk of the demographics amusement parks are built and operated for. The problem is price. That’s market dynamics.

You cannot with a straight face say it’s not fundamentally price when consumer spending is up, travel is way up, Florida is up, Europe is up, cruise lines are packed, and Taylor gets $2000 a head.

There has never been a wdw decline without a global/domestic overall economic decline. Until now. 2023

So it’s more than waiting for epic. That’s part but not the whole. And no one is waiting for wdw. There’s nothing coming but price increases. We’ve enter the “classic Bob” phase again.

Lilofan

I totally agree with all your points, but since revenue in the parks is going up, I suspect they will just keep doing what they are doing.

Getting more money from less people.
Yes revenue in parks is up to some who that thought otherwise. The way to extract more from guests seems to still be working.

Gringrinngghost

It actually is more like rocket science than that…

The per day/per week price on I-4 has exceeded the reasonable means of a big chunk of the demographics amusement parks are built and operated for. The problem is price. That’s market dynamics.

You cannot with a straight face say it’s not fundamentally price when consumer spending is up, travel is way up, Florida is up, Europe is up, cruise lines are packed, and Taylor gets $2000 a head.
News flash for you, tourist numbers in the Central Florida region are currently down such as consumer spending.

There has never been a wdw decline without a global/domestic overall economic decline. Until now. 2023
Have you read the news lately? A lot of countries are in recessions and the US is very much heading that way and is trying to desperately stave it off. https://www.nytimes.com/2024/08/07/business/economy/recession-consumer-spending.html

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Apple worth $3 Trillion could buy Disney without blinking an eye but I don’t think it will happen. Apple surely is saving on labor costs in production to make their products in third world and emerging market countries.
I believe Apple knows better not to make the same mistakes ATT did purchasing Time Warner or Verizon with AOL and Yahoo. Unless they purchase to dismantle for value, don't try to patch a boat with too many holes, an engine with serious maintenance issues and a pilot without a discernable course.

wannabeBelle

News flash for you, tourist numbers in the Central Florida region are currently down such as consumer spending.
From Click Orlando.com:
The Orlando International Airport (MCO) reported on Tuesday that this year broke the record for overall Fourth of July travelers.

MCO stated in a news release it had over 707,000 estimated departures over the nine-day travel period associated with Independence Day, earning 2024 the top spot for the busiest Fourth of July holiday in the airport’s history. In total, MCO saw approximately 1.5 million travelers, according to officials.

So if we are breaking travel records at the airport, where are all the people going, that is the bigger question? Granted the 707,000 were departures but the overall number of 1.5 Million is still valid. Marie

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
From Click Orlando.com:
The Orlando International Airport (MCO) reported on Tuesday that this year broke the record for overall Fourth of July travelers.

MCO stated in a news release it had over 707,000 estimated departures over the nine-day travel period associated with Independence Day, earning 2024 the top spot for the busiest Fourth of July holiday in the airport’s history. In total, MCO saw approximately 1.5 million travelers, according to officials.

So if we are breaking travel records at the airport, where are all the people going, that is the bigger question? Granted the 707,000 were departures but the overall number of 1.5 Million is still valid. Marie
beaches and cruise ships

more value for the $ + less stress and planning required before and during

wannabeBelle

beaches and cruise ships

more value for the $ + less stress and planning required before and during
Correct, I was pointing out that tourist numbers arent down and in fact it is just the opposite for the Central Florida area. They appear to be down for the theme parks in the area, but not other options certainly. This is the question Bob and Company should be asking. Obviously people are still flying into the area. So why arent they coming to WDW? They may not like the answers that we can give them though. Marie

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Ahh…the games a foot.

Which they should be…but a question: did those numbers slump last year when the Orlando properties did?

And maybe central Florida IS the problem? About the only place on the planet with a travel decline in 2023

Have you read the news lately? A lot of countries are in recessions and the US is very much heading that way and is trying to desperately stave it off. https://www.nytimes.com/2024/08/07/business/economy/recession-consumer-spending.html

I think it’s more helpful to read the news that applies to the central Florida market?

How many international travelers by % are in those parks on an average day? (I know what Disney used to pull…so that’s probably still accurate)

John park hopper

they are all going to

1723130061923.png

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It's that undetermined valuation for the remainder of Hulu shooting up by 5 billion that's the current pain point in addition to the sagging Parks attendance.
$5 billion is less than what Bob spends on teak wax for his baby in a month…

It might just be that a certain company is losing appeal for a lot of its products and has really no sense of a plan forward?

Gringrinngghost

From Click Orlando.com:

Fourth of July was a month ago, outside of the federal holiday and the fact it was for some a 4-day weekend, tourist numbers have slumped.

Which they should be…but a question: did those numbers slump last year when the Orlando properties did?

And maybe central Florida IS the problem? About the only place on the planet with a travel decline in 2023
You know alot of the recessions technically begun earlier in 2024...

LittleBuford

Obviously people are still flying into the area. So why arent they coming to WDW? They may not like the answers that we can give them though.
I admit that Disney has lessons to learn, but aren’t Universal’s figures also down? If the problem were just with Disney’s brand, and if people are still flying into the area, shouldn’t Universal be flourishing? (Sorry if I’m missing something that’s already been addressed.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom