Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

DisneyDebRob

The economy has slowed quite a bit and folks are cutting back on discretionary spending. Vacations are the first thing to go. Next, streaming services and movie theatre outings.

Not a good time for companies like Disney.
The economy may have slowed but people are traveling more than ever, and paying more. It’s up over the “ revenge year of travel” last year. I think people don’t care anymore and will travel when they feel like it and they are. Disney and universal will benefit even with the higher prices.. the rooms will be filled.

Trauma

This used to be a slow time of year, so things may just be returning to normal. May was that gap between Easter and Memorial Day, and before schools let out for the summer. I took many long weekends in May before other interests took over.
Is there any person or program tracking the daily price changes of G+?

That should be able to tell us more about attendance.

ParentsOf4

This used to be a slow time of year, so things may just be returning to normal. May was that gap between Easter and Memorial Day, and before schools let out for the summer. I took many long weekends in May before other interests took over.
This is a traditional slow time of year. Still, this May has been slower than what we saw in the 2016-2019 time period.

The summer hotel discounts, annual pass bonus days, and specially priced tickets suggest summer bookings are not meeting expectations.

As some have suggested, I think it's (mostly) the end of post COVID "revenge vacations". Those who deferred their Orlando vacations for 2 years have now (mostly) taken them. There's going to be a natural lull after that peak.

Also, we saw huge price increases over the last 2 years. Even with discounts, someone who last took a WDW vacation in (say) 2018 is in for some serious sticker shock.

Finally, and as Park Chairman Josh D'Amaro has suggested, recent changes making a WDW vacation overly complex to plan probably are turning off a few.

Last edited:

Jrb1979

I think people are spending money, I just think disney has hit a breaking point with costs. We'll see but this summer is looking light.

But summer being light has been a trend for quite some time.

Need more data.
I agree. Judging by the discounts and the new ticket offer I'm thinking it's going to be a lot slower then they anticipated.

wendysue

My family and friends are still taking vacations, but are going other places. A friends daughter recently canceled her Disney wedding and will be having it at a resort on Lake Michigan and taking a trip to Portugal for less money. o_O They also stated that they just don't want to spend their money in Florida. Things are crazy these days

bmr1591

The economy may have slowed but people are traveling more than ever, and paying more. It’s up over the “ revenge year of travel” last year. I think people don’t care anymore and will travel when they feel like it and they are. Disney and universal will benefit even with the higher prices.. the rooms will be filled.

Based on the current deals offered, I’d say the rooms aren’t being filled.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom