Rumor Inside Out to Replace Journey into Imagination with Figment?

Inspired Figment

You know folks. I was just thinking about something. I know you, @Figments Friend had mentioned that Imagination consistently had positive guest feedback & ridership during it’s lifetime. The second most ridden ride behind Spaceship Earth at the time.
But I was also thinking.. wasn’t there a thread where imagineer, Eddie Sotto, when talking about Mission Space, mentioned that Horizons actually got low guest survey scores and ridership before it was eventually opened only seasonally and then demolished for Mission:Space.
I wonder.... so, you remember that scene in the current Imagination ride where Figment does that whole blast with that almost mocking scene of all the Figments singing together in the room, and then right after that, there’s that scary Dr. Channing moon with astronaut Figment pointing at it tauntingly? Remember that similar scene in Horizons with the projected moon face in space looking through the telescope
I almost wonder if that was intentional

Hmmm... 🤔😏

Last edited:

Cmdr_Crimson

It would have been looked at by the executives as untouchable similar to Pirates or Haunted Mansion.

Untouchable?. Hold My Churro...
IMG_1731.JPG

iwosidvbvj8z8bcatwcb.jpg

Pirates-of-the-Caribbean-Redd.jpg

Bender123

She literally makes no sense in the story being told...Why is there an auction for items being stolen? Why wouldn't the pirates do pirate things and just steal them? They are actively looting everywhere else, but in this one area, the citizens are lining up to sell their stuff?

OK...She went from an icon to a center point of bad story telling and cognitive dissonance.

tissandtully

She literally makes no sense in the story being told...Why is there an auction for items being stolen? Why wouldn't the pirates do pirate things and just steal them? They are actively looting everywhere else, but in this one area, the citizens are lining up to sell their stuff?

OK...She went from an icon to a center point of bad story telling and cognitive dissonance.
Let's please not start this one here.

po1998

Hmm... perhaps it’s time we start writing letters to Disney and tell them how we feel about the redesign and state of Journey Into Imagination currently, who the head imagineer responsible for it was, and that we don’t want him there anymore and would like Baxter in his place so we can get this travesty reversed.
You could get 1000 diehard fans to write letters, and TDO wouldn't even take notice.

MotherOfBirds

You could get 1000 diehard fans to write letters, and TDO wouldn't even take notice.

I was once part of an organization that was tasked with making additions/improvements/refurbishments at a property, with constituents not unlike the Disney Parks internet fandom. Notes from our meetings were made available, and every single suggestion from the meetings provoked outrage for one reason or another. It wasn't long before we stopped asking for feedback altogether because there was no pleasing them. As out of touch as I think TDO has gotten in recent years, part of me understands why they ignore any noise generated by the fans.

Professortango1

The same reason there was an auction for women before. The scene hasn't changed. It is still a pirate auctioneer trying to sell stolen merchandise. The only difference is that the merchandise being auctioned off is no longer human.

That being said, the replacement dialogue is terrible. Not because they changed her role, just because it is bad writing.

999th Happy Haunt

The same reason there was an auction for women before. The scene hasn't changed. It is still a pirate auctioneer trying to sell stolen merchandise. The only difference is that the merchandise being auctioned off is no longer human.

That being said, the replacement dialogue is terrible. Not because they changed her role, just because it is bad writing.
Voices are annoying too. New Auctioneer doesn’t even compare to Paul Frees.

Figments Friend

Regarding Disney likely 'ignoring' any campaigns or fans rallying behind a cause.....

They sure listened to us when it came to Epcot's 25th Anniversary.
🆒

Disney announced they had nothing publically planned to honor the occasion, which caused much uproar in the fan community and with Park enthusiasts.
A friend of a little dragon you might know started a campaign during the uproar, right here on this very Forum, in February of 2007 with a thread.
It attracted so much attention in the coming months, and snowballed into such a 'fan movement' that Disney did a complete turnaround and announced a few months later plans for a in-Park event to honor the anniversary.

All it takes is ONE person to start it off, have dedicated fellow fans help spread the word and contribute to the cause, and the next thing you know Disney does a complete turnaround and follows suit.

By October 1st, thousands of fans as well as ex-cast, Imagineers, current cast, Disney Company personalities, and more decended on the Park to enjoy what we had ALL helped make happen -
A officially Disney sanctioned, fully endorsed in-Park celebration for Epcot's silver anniversary.
Even Marty Sklar flew into town for this!

'We Did It!'
✨

Not bad for a bunch of fans that Disney wanted to 'ignore'.
They listened, and acted.

A amazing day.

-

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom