Rumor Inside Out to Replace Journey into Imagination with Figment?

Cmdr_Crimson

It's not just blue potatoes... There's tons of Figment adventures:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLuL0d0AOafoeP_3inPxbnjxRweElG7k-9

Thank god for interlibrary loan and my university credentials, eh?

Awsome To see the other videos of Figment......I could only reference the blue potato one since it was the only one on Youtube for sometime! :D

There is also the one with Figment & Peter Pan..But, while the footage is great...The audio is lousy..

Plus I love John Mclenahan's animation as this was one of his earliest works. He had also worked on several episodes of Tiny Toons, Taz-Mania & Animaniacs...Plus doing PSA's with Dudley Dinosaur with his animation studio Startoons....But, my all time favorite was his short The Fat Cats on Cartoon Network...

Last edited:

FigmentJedi

DinoInstitute

The ride is how a lot of younger people know of Figment and that paints a really ugly picture of the character and how he's perceived. A lot of those people have never even seen the original and thus won't understand what made him so loved in the first place.

That's part of why it is so frustrating seeing a character I like being poorly represented in such a dated and despicably unlikable ride. His only redeeming existing continuity are the comics. The 2 miniseries respect the characters, make Figment likeable while expanding on ideas from the ride. They're easily some of the best comics I've ever read. Highly recommended.
For what it’s worth I’ve only ever known Figment from the current attraction and have always loved him!

Fox&Hound

Sigh...I love Figment and have since I was little but I agree with others that the current ride is so bad and Figment is so obnoxious (a little less so than Waldo in Muppets) that I’d rather just have my memories of him. They will never restore the ride to its former glory but could do wonders with Inside Out and even include Figment on the ride. It is such a beautiful pavilion that it really should house something better. Besides money, I wonder why Disney would wait 6-8 years (or whatever Marni said). Seems like Inside Out will be more forgotten by then...

Cmdr_Crimson

Whoa!

Any chance those interlibrary loan connections could lead you to the Living Seas film "Animated Atlas of the World"? Was a rare case of an attraction film also getting a release as one of Disney's educational film offerings.

Closest decent version I've seen was an amateur video inside the pavilion....

Plus Figment wasn't the only attraction that had an educational film.....Orange Bird even had one!

Another good youtube channel is HBVideos who has a good 50 or so Disney Eduacational films.
It includes one I remember seeing in elemetary school where Goofy goes to MCO To learn about Planes...

Last edited:

FigmentJedi

Plus Figment wasn't the only attraction that had an educational film.....Orange Bird even had one!

Another good youtube channel is HBVideos who has a good 50 or so Disney Eduacational films.
It includes one I remember seeing in elemetary school where Goofy goes to MCO To learn about Planes...

Also there's "Harold and his Amazing Green Plants", which is basically a Kitchen Kabaret/The Land film.

dennis-in-ct

The lead director and writer of the movie was one of the imagineers who created Cranium Command, and that attraction was effectively Inside Out's inspiration. If they MUST shoehorn IP into Epcot then go plop Inside Out there. Or you know, don't, and stop linking everything to a movie. Yeah I know, ridiculous idea.

Dreamfinder is still waiting for his return. Get Tony Baxter involved (LMAO) and get him to work his magic once again. I would actually be perfectly satisfied with a return of the original ride. The current ride occupying the space is trash, as is the personality they gave Figment. But the original version was one of Disney's absolute best.

and Horizons

matt9112

The Nemo ride sucks because it sucks, not because it's Nemo. If they made a good ride with Nemo, it would be a good ride. If they made a sucky ride without Nemo, it would still suck. Its Nemo-ness and its sucky-ness are unrelated.

Nemo sucks because they haven't wanted to reinvent pavilions. they said sea lab....with nemo and that was it. old ride system with exactly the same space etc. just like frozen was the same crap system with pretty scenes. I don't have faith that they give a crap about quality. if they cared about quality nemo would have never been built. if they cared about quality frozen would have gotten a brand new ride system in a potential new structure if need be but no it was shoe horned in.

matt9112

No it's not coming back, but we could get an awesome Figment and Dreamfinder ride that has the scope and scale of the original with brand new tech and updated ride system. Inside Out can go somewhere else in Epcot, like the empty pavilion that sits for half of the year when it's not hosting a festival store, which they could move to Odyssey since they can't seem to remember it used to be a functional restaurant.

what was the original like? I never rode it.

brb1006

what was the original like? I never rode it.
giphy.gif

Well grab up a seat and enjoy Martin's tribute video of the original version and the original Imageworks.

brb1006

You know with the upcoming Disney Streaming Service, it would be the perfect oppertunity for Disney to create a Disney Streaming exclusive educational series starring Dreamfinder and Figment serving as a spiritual succcessor to the 1988 - 1989 films.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Nemo sucks because they haven't wanted to reinvent pavilions. they said sea lab....with nemo and that was it. old ride system with exactly the same space etc. just like frozen was the same crap system with pretty scenes. I don't have faith that they give a crap about quality. if they cared about quality nemo would have never been built. if they cared about quality frozen would have gotten a brand new ride system in a potential new structure if need be but no it was shoe horned in.
Nemo isnt bad because of that - it's because the story is so bland and has nothing to do with the pavillion. If they took the same ride and concept, but made it about Mr Ray teaching about the ocean and marine life, or if they made it about Nemo and friends visiting the Marine Life Institute and learning about marine life, it would be a far better and more appropriate attraction.

mikenatcity1

i'm the same as some above- I have never seen the original version of Figment but love him from this current attraction :) Is the attraction good? eh...the first time I rode it I enjoyed it...I was in my 20's...now I go to see Figment.

trainplane3

i'm the same as some above- I have never seen the original version of Figment but love him from this current attraction :) Is the attraction good? eh...the first time I rode it I enjoyed it...I was in my 20's...now I go to see Figment.
The original was one of the best dark rides Disney's ever created. It would sit up there with HM, Horizons, and SSE (It's early so I probably forgot a couple other rides). Now? It's just bad. It can't compare to the original. If you like the current ride, the original would've blown your mind.

In his original form, he was child-like (without being annoying) and was curious about everything. The current version sets him up as a jerk. Well, a likable jerk I suppose.

mikenatcity1

The original was one of the best dark rides Disney's ever created. It would sit up there with HM, Horizons, and SSE (It's early so I probably forgot a couple other rides). Now? It's just bad. It can't compare to the original. If you like the current ride, the original would've blown your mind.

In his original form, he was child-like (without being annoying) and was curious about everything. The current version sets him up as a jerk. Well, a likable jerk I suppose.

I just saw the video someone posted- i'm going to have to watch it tonight! I more or less like it because of Figment (not really quality), and the song. This is one of the few attractions I really am sad I missed- my first visit to WDW was 1987, but 1 day at Magic Kingdom only (I was 5...) and my next visit was January 2005...some time had passed, as had a ton of other attractions :(

SweetDuffy101

Yikes... I thought Figment was getting more introduction On EPCOT rather than getting replaced by Inside Out , Which was a boring Pixar IP... I just don’t like it being forced to be shoved in a theme that has different goal and we don’t want another pixar disaster.....aka Pixar Pier.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom