Rumor Inside Out to Replace Journey into Imagination with Figment?

Pixieish

As a creative person (my mother taught me to draw at the same time I was learning to talk), the original JIIWF was the most inspiring thing I'd ever seen growing up (I mean including Imageworks...I saw it at 15 years old for the first time). It didn't focus solely on art, literature, drama, and music, it also incorporated multiple fields in science and technology. The world needs young minds to be inspired - especially since schools aren't helping in this arena. Films are fun, but Figment and Dreamfinder were fun AND inspirational.

Also...my 2 sons (6 and 11) ADORE the ride - even in its current state - I can only imagine how blown their minds would be if they saw the original. They're crazy if they don't think the original ride and Imageworks would inspire the kids of today.

Last edited:

FettFan

Inside Out also fits. It's literally PART OF THE MOVIE
HrQptQJ.png

By that logic.....South Park also fits.
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

trainplane3

He was scapegoated for the financial failure of Disneyland Paris. and was reduced to doing crap projects for Disneyland like Tomorrowland 98.
And on top of that, I thought he didn't want to "sellout" and do boring/cashgrab projects (and do, you know, exciting and possibly revolutionary stuff that Imagineering has been known to do)? And I thought that was why Rhode is still there, he'll do anything to get a paycheck now? With each new CEO the company gets, it seems like major Imagineers leave because they typically don't like how the new guy wants stuff done.

Pixieish

This right here is why they need to give us the real JII (with Dreamfinder) and ImageWorks back...these two spend at least an hour in the play area every time we visit and it's one of their favorite things.

imageworks.jpg

Last edited:

mikejs78

Premium Member
I don't see anything wrong with using IP like Inside Out *if* it's done right. The thing is, an Inside Out attraction could very well be done right - an serious exploration of the human mind using the characters from the movie. It could also be done badly (a dark ride that essentially is a retelling of the movie). To me, if IP is used as a vehicle to create a great attraction that fits with the theme of the park/land it's in, then it's win-win. If it's IP for the sake of IP, then that's where the problem comes in.

And as much as we all have fond memories of the original ride, it's never coming back - and I wouldn't want it to. Part of the promise of the original EPCOT Center was that it would never be finished, always be changing and adapting. Sure, I have nostalgia for some of the old attractions (Horizons being chief among them), but I see changing the park and refreshing the attractions with new concepts/experiences (even at the expense of old attractions) the way EPCOT was supposed to be. Now, we can all agree that many of the changes in recent years haven't been in the sprit of the original Epcot, and that's a different argument to make, but the idea that nothing new can replace older attractions is antithetical to the vision of EPCOT.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom