Rumor Inside Out to Replace Journey into Imagination with Figment?

Phil12

Still doesn't hold a candle to the original stepping tones
tumblr_mtzzcuDLDr1s0c4z4o4_r1_400.jpg
You're right. They could update the stepping tones with a rap beat and lyrics. Something along the lines of, "You're stepping on the blue, you fool and you need to jump to the red is what I said...".

WDWTank

And on top of that, I thought he didn't want to "sellout" and do boring/cashgrab projects (and do, you know, exciting and possibly revolutionary stuff that Imagineering has been known to do)? And I thought that was why Rhode is still there, he'll do anything to get a paycheck now? With each new CEO the company gets, it seems like major Imagineers leave because they typically don't like how the new guy wants stuff done.
Eventually, there will be a Disney/Universal bubble because of poor financial/executive decisions and not satisfying guest demand

Kailee

Hallelujah! I love Inside Out and hate the Imagination ride, possibly the worst and most barren ride in the entire park. Whatever replaces it will be MUCH better (yes I rode the original...that was awful too).

t3wULNz.gif

I agree with this unpopular opinion. Inside out was wildly successful for them and loved by audiences of all ages. The journey into imagination ride is severely out of date and has an abandoned "no one cares enough to update me vibe".... Figment is a great character but realistically audiences of today don't connect with him anymore considering his presence is nearly extinct in the parks. Essentially this ride is wasted space and for people like me who hate the long lines in Epcot due to lack of big people eating attractions, this could be an answer to our prayers.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I agree with this unpopular opinion. Inside out was wildly successful for them and loved by audiences of all ages. The journey into imagination ride is severely out of date and has an abandoned "no one cares enough to update me vibe".... Figment is a great character but realistically audiences of today don't connect with him anymore considering his presence is nearly extinct in the parks. Essentially this ride is wasted space and for people like me who hate the long lines in Epcot due to lack of big people eating attractions, this could be an answer to our prayers.

Keep reading the thread...

It's been discussed for several months now. Not exactly new news.

The IP has been proposed for the pavilion as a possibility. Nothing is planned for a good 5-6 years at the moment.

Phil12

If Dreamfinder and Figment are included with an Inside-Out motif for Imagination, I'd totally be on board. Please make this happen, TDO.
Give me a new attraction to get excited about for a change!
I think the Haunted Mansion is adding the Dreamfinder to the regular cemetery and Figment in the pet cemetery so you'll be able to visit with them.

MrWarners14

Even though I like concepts of Figment (the original and comic book versions) and Dreamfinder (ditto), Figment needs both a better ride and better writers. He's an unlikable annoyance at the current attraction and the longer Journey 3.0 exists, the more Figment's reputation rots. Ironically, I like some of his merchandise and his comic book series is fantastic.

Also, I feel like Inside Out would be perfect for Wonders Of Life since I feel like the movie fits the themes of what the pavilion strove for back when it was open. It's totally possible to put that there with some of Disney's other IP about life in general and they can work their magic with the theming.

Meanwhile, the Magic Eye Theater needs a 4D movie with substance. As much as I enjoy Pixar shorts, that place needs something that doesn't feel like filler in spite of the short collection's quality.

trainplane3

Even though I like concepts of Figment (the original and comic book versions) and Dreamfinder (ditto), Figment needs both a better ride and better writers. He's an unlikable annoyance at the current attraction and the longer Journey 3.0 exists, the more Figment's reputation rots. Ironically, I like some of his merchandise and his comic book series is fantastic.

Also, I feel like Inside Out would be perfect for Wonders Of Life since I feel like the movie fits the themes of what the pavilion strove for back when it was open. It's totally possible to put that there with some of Disney's other IP about life in general and they can work their magic with the theming.

Meanwhile, the Magic Eye Theater needs a 4D movie with substance. As much as I enjoy Pixar shorts, that place needs something that doesn't feel like filler in spite of the short collection's quality.
You've said everything most have said here. Anything can go into WoL since it's been unused for 10+ years (I'm not counting festivals as a good use) and I won't complain much.

A couple of insiders have thrown out there that plans for a real Imagination refurb have existed since 2007 (I thought that was it?) but they're just sitting on them. Actually to quote something that was recently said:
Going back around a decade, a fully refurbed Space Mountain, a new Imagination, Monsters coaster and a complex for DAK partly cloned on the TDS Mysterious Island.
While the ride is a crap representation of Figment, you can't really say his popularity has suffered much. The merch they move that has his face on it should say enough. They've spun the character to be the "unofficial" mascot of Epcot that just so happens to have a (poor) ride. His face has been on everything festival related for the past couple years.

And Magic Eye does need something more then some shorts. But who knows since it was mentioned that they were possibly looking at demo'ing it. The plans for the spine overhaul have been up in the air for a while (again, based off of what was mentioned on here. I'm not in the know).

MrWarners14

You've said everything most have said here. Anything can go into WoL since it's been unused for 10+ years (I'm not counting festivals as a good use) and I won't complain much.

A couple of insiders have thrown out there that plans for a real Imagination refurb have existed since 2007 (I thought that was it?) but they're just sitting on them. Actually to quote something that was recently said:

While the ride is a crap representation of Figment, you can't really say his popularity has suffered much. The merch they move that has his face on it should say enough. They've spun the character to be the "unofficial" mascot of Epcot that just so happens to have a (poor) ride. His face has been on everything festival related for the past couple years.

And Magic Eye does need something more then some shorts. But who knows since it was mentioned that they were possibly looking at demo'ing it. The plans for the spine overhaul have been up in the air for a while (again, based off of what was mentioned on here. I'm not in the know).

The ride is how a lot of younger people know of Figment and that paints a really ugly picture of the character and how he's perceived. A lot of those people have never even seen the original and thus won't understand what made him so loved in the first place.

That's part of why it is so frustrating seeing a character I like being poorly represented in such a dated and despicably unlikable ride. His only redeeming existing continuity are the comics. The 2 miniseries respect the characters, make Figment likeable while expanding on ideas from the ride. They're easily some of the best comics I've ever read. Highly recommended.

Cmdr_Crimson

I hate to say it...But, The only other way to get Figment back to the masses of Kids in a better way......Would have to go the Disney Junior route. Using the ideas of Imagination and a way to explore the world around you would better benefit the idea of Figment in his original form being a dragon of "Child-Like" Wonder in his world of "Figonia" Which he created in the Educational short "Would you Eat a Blue Potato?" Even doing 11 min segments during the day or whenever on the 24 hour channel it would at least get him out there to help the ailing pavilion for a turn around....I am just surprised that Disney has Never gone this direction for the character..

TJJohn12

Kman101

The ride is how a lot of younger people know of Figment and that paints a really ugly picture of the character and how he's perceived. A lot of those people have never even seen the original and thus won't understand what made him so loved in the first place.

That's part of why it is so frustrating seeing a character I like being poorly represented in such a dated and despicably unlikable ride. His only redeeming existing continuity are the comics. The 2 miniseries respect the characters, make Figment likeable while expanding on ideas from the ride. They're easily some of the best comics I've ever read. Highly recommended.

It is frustrating Figment has been made so obnoxious in the ride but apparently a lot of people still like him regardless of that (I know that's hard to believe lol). I believe that they had some Figment survey last year that apparently had some good results (this is based on what I remember reading in that thread, I have no inside info on how the survey went).

The comics are fantastic. I really wish a movie had been made out of them. Such a missed opportunity.

They never should have touched the original apart from upgrades over the years.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom