Incredibles to replace COP?

the-reason14

Ever see the Goonies?
Y'know that scene where they grab all the booty off of the pirate's table and when they go to grab the ones in front of one-eye'd willy Mikey says 'no, thats Willy's, everything else is ours'... well thats how i feel about COP.

Walt believed in plussing rides.
With some serious effort they could make COP as exciting as it must've been when they first saw it back at the World's Fair.

But it is a classic. Killing COP would be like killing Small World. I never see lineups for that ride either but they're both part of what i like to call the 'holy handful': Haunted Mansion, POTC, COP, JC, SM...these are the rides that define Disney-hood. All it takes sometimes is a lil plussing and boom, everyone will be going nuts (just like they and I are about HM).

I love Pixar, but keep those rides to DHS. Keep tomorrowland about the future and the hope and inspiration that comes along w/ it.

Agreed. I honestly think that would be stupid, what ride could they put in COP place that they couldnt put in any other park, esp. mgm? And the Incredibles wth, how do they fit in TL, the monsters show already doesnt fit, why do we need another ride/show to furthur stray the theme of TL, even though thats supposedly not what they are putting in, but why would they even consider that. If it is going to become pixarland (God forbid) then theirs a whole bunch of stuff they are going to have to change, I could see them doing that, but whats the point. They are already doing a pixarplace or something in mgm where TSM is going. IMO MK is for the classic disney movies and rides not the newer pixar stuff, and changing to try and appeal to the masses at the MK is stupid to me when they have another theme park a couple of miles away that could do that.

COP is not that similar to IASW. Everyone and their brother knows that song, and there have been lines the last couple of times that I've been down there. If you're not a regular visitor, you ride IASW because it's so well-known. The complete opposite is true for COP. Let's put a ride in there that lots of people will ride. It's unrealistic to keep it due to its low ridership and for Walt. Surely he would replace it or improve it in its current condition.

DisneyMusician2

At the very least, it should be interesting.

CoP is one of my favorites, but if it is time, then it is time. And Walt populated his parks with current movies just as the present Disney people are trying to do now. Don't ever assume some of those movies were "classics" when they were released every time...

I'd actually be more annoyed if the TTA closed down. It's one of my favorite Disney experiences.

bigtotoro

Actually, Corrus...where do you work and what do you do? We seem to have alot of "insiders" about and I'm just curious to cite the source. I'm assuming you work for the Mouse, no? Are you more or less than the average CM? Meaning, there are alot of CM's around here but I'd put more credence in what a more "advanced" CM would say than the guy who captains a Jungle Cruise boat.

Grim Grinner

If you're a long time reader here, Corrus and Lee seem to be the most well connected individuals on the site. They may or may not work for Disney- or might just be connected to contractors who work on the new goodies that we all (mostly) enjoy.

Having just been on COP last Sept., I can honestly say that I loved every second of it- believing that it just might be the last time that I'd ever get to see it again.

In all honesty, I'd love to see this ride moved into Epcot with largely the same story- just with new parts to keep it from breaking for the forseeable future.

I just hope that Tomorrowland WDW doesn't fall into the plight of its California counterpart.

BTW- MILF was a lot better than I had hoped. I really liked it. Stitch... sadly a lot worse than people made it out to be.

I don't think it'll be happening anytime soon. About a year ago a cast memer at the Grand Floridian told me the same thing, though he also said that the COP would be going to Washington, so I'm not sure.

But I can't see an Incedibles ride in Tomorrowland..what does that have to do with the future? Anyone know?

I sometimes think that Tomorrowland is turning into Advertise-Our-Moviesland.

TikiBeckie

My family and I really like COP because we are history freaks and think this is cute. I would be sad to see it go for sure :( Speedway however, can't say I would shed a tear...

DisneyMusician2

If you're a long time reader here, Corrus and Lee seem to be the most well connected individuals on the site. They may or may not work for Disney- or might just be connected to contractors who work on the new goodies that we all (mostly) enjoy.

Having just been on COP last Sept., I can honestly say that I loved every second of it- believing that it just might be the last time that I'd ever get to see it again.

In all honesty, I'd love to see this ride moved into Epcot with largely the same story- just with new parts to keep it from breaking for the forseeable future.

I just hope that Tomorrowland WDW doesn't fall into the plight of its California counterpart.

BTW- MILF was a lot better than I had hoped. I really liked it. Stitch... sadly a lot worse than people made it out to be.

There are simply no words for the depth of failure for SGE. You just shrug your shoulders (after the harnesses release you) and hope showering rids the memories and the stench of Stitch burp.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Speedway however, can't say I would shed a tear...

Yes... speedway does need to go. Or at the very least, switch the cars to an electric alternative for powering them. Every time I walk near that attraction.. (on a hot & humid day with no breeze) the exhaust and fuel fumes knock the wind out of me. :hurl:

doop

While I embrace the idea of an Incredibles themed ride, I would hate to see it replace such an attraction, even the likeliness of it happening are very low.

KaliSplash

I would truly hate to see COP go. It was the second attraction I visited at the Magic Kingdom on my first visit. The Wedway People Mover was the first (TTA). I was blown away by AA at COP.

I do recognize that the attraction has been living on borrowed time since it went seasonal five or six years ago and was very pleased to see it open on a regular basis several years ago.

It's been moved before and I would love for it to be moved again. But I'm not going to hold my breath on that.

Hope Corrus and Lee are wrong, but I'm guessing they are not.

DisneyGigi

COP is not that similar to IASW. Everyone and their brother knows that song, and there have been lines the last couple of times that I've been down there. If you're not a regular visitor, you ride IASW because it's so well-known. The complete opposite is true for COP. Let's put a ride in there that lots of people will ride. It's unrealistic to keep it due to its low ridership and for Walt. Surely he would replace it or improve it in its current condition.

And people don't know It's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow? I do no not ride IASW, my kid's hate it, but they love CoP

DisneyDellsDude

COP never has a line since it gets people in quickly. I wish they wouldn't close it, but what can ya do?:shrug:

If they do close it, they better put in a E-Ticket that's not movie related!!

TinkerBelle8878

This is sad if it happens. All COP really needs is some downtime to be cleaned up and updated. Disney already has or had all the Horizons AAs and all. Why not put that stuff into COP as a view of 'Tomorrow-land'. The Robot Butler, the desert...It would be a really cool fix and would make a great deal of Horizons and COP fans happy.

And people don't know It's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow? I do no not ride IASW, my kid's hate it, but they love CoP

Most non-WDW freaks like ourselves don't. Just asked my roommate, she looked at me like I was crazy. Most people know the song "It's a Small World;" It's part of our popular culture.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom