Incredibles to replace COP?

ImaYoyo

I think a lot of people have an image of Walt in their mind of the kindly, old uncle. From everything I've heard from people that he worked with, or rather worked FOR him, is that he was a hard driving, taskmaster.
Exactly. Marty Sklar gets asked all the time what his fondest "Walt Memory" is, and many times, his answer is along the lines of "it's tough to remember a time he wasn't scolding me for messing something up".

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
He is not!!!! He is frozen!!
you forgot to add this... :rolleyes:

i love the show and wish it could be updated to a new building of somesort. i like the break from the sun, a little RnR etc etc, but without a current update to the last show scene (besides a new PC and a few details) and new AA's possibly i feel as though they need to update it or move on to somehting else.... but i dont want them to try and design an attraction around a show building. that is when you get crap.

FLDISFAN

=

(but the problem with the cryogenic cylinders underneath C.O.P. of "you know who" are still there) :lookaroun

I didnt know Lord Voldemort was underneath the COP?:drevil:

In all seriousness, this would stink that it goes away as its a "classic" but I think Walt should have his own street in MGM with COP and One Mans Dream.

Tim G

i love the show and wish it could be updated to a new building of somesort. i like the break from the sun, a little RnR etc etc, but without a current update to the last show scene (besides a new PC and a few details) and new AA's possibly i feel as though they need to update it or move on to somehting else.... but i dont want them to try and design an attraction around a show building. that is when you get crap.
Ok... in that case we'll design a Meet 'n Greet... :D

minnie61650

I understand some guests think that CoP's last scene is dated but if you listen to the introduction the CoP is about progress in the 20th century.
The last scene is supposed to be set in the late 1990's with the
most advanced technology that was avalible before the turn of the century.--- The 21st century that is.

Just my 2 cents.

PhilharMagician

Having said that, somewhere in 2008, (while reburbing Space Mountain) C.O.P will be closed too, never being re-opened again...

I guess that whole idea of the TTA going down for refurb during the SM refurb could fit in with the possibility of COP going Bye Bye. Since the TTA is physically part of the COP building it would take time to reroute it or maybe they jus get ride of the TTA too. Awe he11 just get ride of tomorowland all together and have Stitch's Pixarland instead.:rolleyes: :veryconfu

There really is no reason to get rid of COP except for not wanting to staff it. They aparently do not put much money into the attraction by the looks of it. If they wanted to add a new attraction there is enough room if the Galaxy Palace Theater is removed (which is already rumored to be gone in 08') and take some of the Tomorrowland Terrace kitchen area if needed since it is never open anyway.

This is hard to believe. Just close off TL completely.:hammer:

lilredfoxie

I really hope the Carousel of Progress sticks around, its a classic, and a piece of history, not just for Disney but for New York City, where I'm from, Its was an attraction at the World's Fair!

They can take down the theater and skyway station, nothing ever happens at that theater anyway, at least the time of here im down there. I would like to see the skyway return, but something tells me its not gunna happen.

Lee

Adventurer
Just chiming in....
Old news. That concept for Incredibles to take up the space from Galaxy Palace to the Skyway (yes, in some concepts replacing CoP) is dead. Has been for a while, and likely won't be brought up again anytime soon. Too much else going on in TL.

CoP is, and has been for the longest, living on borrowed time.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
The last scene is the year 2000 as invisioned in 1994. :zipit:

Exactly... it hasnt been updated in ages.

While I like and will miss CoP... I dont fear change (WDW is NOT a museum, BTW). However... whatever Pixar thing is going in its place.... better be stellar!!

I see a LOT of CoP fanboys pi$$ed off & revolting while chaining themselfs to CoP, in the not too distant future. :lol::lookaroun

MKeeler

While I would miss COP, I would almost hope for a Meet The Robinsons attraction - let the family members take different sections of the stage with a Keep Moving Forward/Great Big Wonderful Tomorrow medley.

bigtotoro

I guess that whole idea of the TTA going down for refurb during the SM refurb could fit in with the possibility of COP going Bye Bye. Since the TTA is physically part of the COP building it would take time to reroute it or maybe they jus get ride of the TTA too. Awe he11 just get ride of tomorowland all together and have Stitch's Pixarland instead.:rolleyes: :veryconfu

There really is no reason to get rid of COP except for not wanting to staff it. They aparently do not put much money into the attraction by the looks of it. If they wanted to add a new attraction there is enough room if the Galaxy Palace Theater is removed (which is already rumored to be gone in 08') and take some of the Tomorrowland Terrace kitchen area if needed since it is never open anyway.

This is hard to believe. Just close off TL completely.:hammer:
Question, when was the last time you waited in a line for this ride? When was the last time you didn't just walk on? My answers: never and never. There's no line because people don't really like the ride, think it's outdated, think it's hokey...That's the reason to get rid of it. It does not draw.

starwood

Honestly, why would Disney even consider destroying COP. This is probably Walt's favorite attraction. If Walt ever came back, his first ride would be most likely COP. And if he heard that it isn't in his original park (DLR) then he'll be pis**d!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tim G

Honestly, why would Disney even consider destroying COP. This is probably Walt's favorite attraction. If Walt ever came back, his first ride would be most likely COP. And if he heard that it isn't in his original park (DLR) then he'll be pis**d!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dream On... :D :D :D

bigtotoro

All the better reason to destroy it. Do we want rides attracting zombies?

jt04

Look on the bright side, if CoP goes along with the skyway building and Galaxy theatre, there would be a ton of real estate opened up for new attractions. I look for CoP to show up again though in a different form and place (such as DCA for instance). It's a good sign if it is removed IMO.

Thiger

Ever see the Goonies?
Y'know that scene where they grab all the booty off of the pirate's table and when they go to grab the ones in front of one-eye'd willy Mikey says 'no, thats Willy's, everything else is ours'... well thats how i feel about COP.

Walt believed in plussing rides.
With some serious effort they could make COP as exciting as it must've been when they first saw it back at the World's Fair.

But it is a classic. Killing COP would be like killing Small World. I never see lineups for that ride either but they're both part of what i like to call the 'holy handful': Haunted Mansion, POTC, COP, JC, SM...these are the rides that define Disney-hood. All it takes sometimes is a lil plussing and boom, everyone will be going nuts (just like they and I are about HM).

I love Pixar, but keep those rides to DHS. Keep tomorrowland about the future and the hope and inspiration that comes along w/ it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom