Incredibles to replace COP?

DisneyGigi

Well... :lookaroun :lookaroun :lookaroun

Although C.O.P. will be closed soon...

It will not be replaced with some Incredibles thing...

Really??? I have heard it but don't want to believe it. That would be so sad! I know alot of people think that it is outdated but my DS (almost 13) was so thrilled with this the last time that we went. We ended up doing it 3 times. That and One Man's Dream are two of his fave non e-ticket attractions.
CoP to me is a classic Walt attraction and it should remain there.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
So, Corrus - you don`t exactly think Iger is the best man for the job?

I take it the COP rumour is still floating? Including the Skyway station and Galaxy Palace or just by itself? Or with no definitive replacement?

Tim G

Really??? I have heard it but don't want to believe it. That would be so sad! I know alot of people think that it is outdated but my DS (almost 13) was so thrilled with this the last time that we went. We ended up doing it 3 times. That and One Man's Dream are two of his fave non e-ticket attractions.
CoP to me is a classic Walt attraction and it should remain there.

For complaints...Mr. Robert Iger, the Walt Disney Company, Burbank, CA

Tim G

So, Corrus - you don`t exactly think Iger is the best man for the job?

I take it the COP rumour is still floating? Including the Skyway station and Galaxy Palace or just by itself? Or with no definitive replacement?
I think you know my opinion about Robert Iger...

Having said that, somewhere in 2008, (while reburbing Space Mountain) C.O.P will be closed too, never being re-opened again...

(but the problem with the cryogenic cylinders underneath C.O.P. of "you know who" are still there) :lookaroun

bigtotoro

Yeah, this is really another Mr Toad situation waiting to happen. Nobody cares, guys. COP is hopelessly outdated. It is dead space. If you want to waste your time trying to save this attraction, go ahead. But to do so, I fear, will just marginalize the voice of the hardcore fan in the eyes of Disney's upper management. Fight the fights that are worth fighting. SpaceShip Earth - worth it. Country Bears Christmas - nobody cares. Space Mountain - worth it. Carousel of Progress - nobody cares.

P.S. People like Pixar.

DisneyGigi

Yeah, this is really another Mr Toad situation waiting to happen. Nobody cares, guys. COP is hopelessly outdated. It is dead space. If you want to waste your time trying to save this attraction, go ahead. But to do so, I fear, will just marginalize the voice of the hardcore fan in the eyes of Disney's upper management. Fight the fights that are worth fighting. SpaceShip Earth - worth it. Country Bears Christmas - nobody cares. Space Mountain - worth it. Carousel of Progress - nobody cares.

P.S. People like Pixar.

P.S. Yes people do but it doesn't warrant replacing attractions that are dear to some people that actually like seeing attractions that Walt created. IASW is a very boring ride to me but I do not want to see it removed either.

wickedfan07

I like Pixar. I like it so much that I don't want to see it everywhere and get sick of it.

If the 2008 date Corrus gave is correct, I won't be able to ride the Carousel of Progress ever again (unless I win the lottery, which is isn't very likely). I'm glad I had the chance to ride in June. I enjoyed my spin on the Carousel very much.

I like Pixar, too. I just wish that Pixar attractoins were placed where they make sense, and not necessarily where there's "open space".

But then again, this is progress...

Expo_Seeker40

Yet by replacing everything with "current" Disney*Pixar themed attractions...these movies will become old, outdated, and many of them forgotten, only to replaced my numerous movies in the future.

Disney spends on all this money to add current things, and yet will have to spend more money and keep expanding and keep on replacing numerous attractions to keep them current.

What ever happened to the days of unique attractions with little to no influence from Disney shows/movies.....where sure, there were some movie tie-ins like in fantasyland or even with zoro and davy crockett....

but to make everything so commercialized, heavily branded, and trying so hard to be hip and cool.

If the CoP does in fact go.....it's only a matter of time before we have a Cars themed speedway, stitch's farting chili dog peoplemover, Pixar Mountain, and the Pixarland Terrace Noodle Station Pavilion of Today.

The CoP can live on at other and more appropriate places....it shouldn't be demolished, it should be removed and even sold to someone who can take care of it and maintain it.

Disney should not be a museum...I know and agree with that, but somehow I would easily take a day and spend it in a tomorrowland of timekeeper, alien encounter, even buzz lightyear was a nice touch, Cop, Peoplemover and speedway.

Walt Disney strove to make unique and creative things for his guests. Circlevision, Adventure Thru Inner Space, The peoplemover, the rocket jets, CoP, Space Mountain *concept*, The submarine voyage, etc etc etc

Disneyland was a place where he could show of his detailed and immersive unique creations

Shame really....without any of his touch of magic around.....the disney parks have become a commercialized mess.

Why learn about the mysteries of Aztec Mexico when you can just see two birds looking for Donald for a concert.

Why get scared by an alien encounter at a futuristic convention center when you can have stitch burp in your face and leave you with more loopholes and plot problems than ever before?

bigtotoro

P.S. Yes people do but it doesn't warrant replacing attractions that are dear to some people that actually like seeing attractions that Walt created. IASW is a very boring ride to me but I do not want to see it removed either.
For one, Walt's dead. A long time now. He's not coming back, either. And Disney cannot run a business on what is dear to "some" people. Walt's ideas and specific vision just would not hold up today. His OVERALL outlook would, most likely. But the specific ideas are now very outdated. BTW, Epcot, in it's original form, bad idea.

FECNS

Oh No not another Pixar Themed Ride, I guess soon it will all change to Pixar World, I like Pixars movies but not as Rides bring back the classics. Shoot i rather see a meet the robinsons future ride or something

Tim G

[Slight threat drift = ON]

I hate crap about "What would Walt have done" and these things...

If you would ask Walt now, telling him it would make money, he would say YES!!!

Most of all Walt was a money maker... a business guy...

[Slight threat drift = OFF]

DisneyGigi

For one, Walt's dead. A long time now. He's not coming back, either. And Disney cannot run a business on what is dear to "some" people. Walt's ideas and specific vision just would not hold up today. His OVERALL outlook would, most likely. But the specific ideas are now very outdated. BTW, Epcot, in it's original form, bad idea.

Yes he is but his dream isn't and for people that are into the history of Disney it makes no sense to take out attractions that "some" people love to make "some" people happy that don't like them.
Walt has been deceased way before my time BTW and my point is that just because a ride is classic does not mean it does not still appeal to all age groups. If that is the case scrap the World Showcase as well, as alot of people under 40 don't care for it at all.

And I respectfully disagree about the money thing that is not true from any account that I have read. Walt cared about quality more than he cared about profit.

bigtotoro

I think a lot of people have an image of Walt in their mind of the kindly, old uncle. From everything I've heard from people that he worked with, or rather worked FOR him, is that he was a hard driving taskmaster.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom