Im hungry bring em back!

Uponastar

Oh yeah, I've been there! We had them in Chicago.

Hey Erika!
Totally off topic, but I just wanted to tell you that I love "Ugly Betty"! Such a great premise and she is such a lovable character. A refreshing change in TV viewing!

:lookaroun

Sorry for the detour. . . carry on.

DDuckFan130

Hey Erika!
Totally off topic, but I just wanted to tell you that I love "Ugly Betty"! Such a great premise and she is such a lovable character. A refreshing change in TV viewing!

:lookaroun

Sorry for the detour. . . carry on.
Sorry to continue the detour :lookaroun

I've only seen bits and pieces of it. I've also seen bits and pieces of the Mexican version going on now and I'm glad I am Latina and speak Spanish because I much prefer the Mexican version :lookaroun

I also never cared for or saw the one that started it all in Colombia: Betty La Fea :lol:

Uponastar

I've only seen bits and pieces of it. I've also seen bits and pieces of the Mexican version going on now and I'm glad I am Latina and speak Spanish because I much prefer the Mexican version :lookaroun

I also never cared for or saw the one that started it all in Colombia: Betty La Fea :lol:

And the detour continues. . .
I didn't know there were so many versions, Regina. Having only seen the American version, I can't make a comparison, but I really enjoy this one. I like the idea that she is who she is, and what she looks like has nothing to do with what she is capable of. Young girls really need to get that!

LilDucky

:lookaroun :D :lookaroun

maelstrom

We used to have an Arthur Treacher's here in the mall food court. Also used to have something called Duke's Dogs.

We're supposedly getting a Popeye's where the Pizza Hut that closed used to be. The building is up but not finished and there's no signs indicating what it's going to be. But that's what I've heard. We're getting a Pizzeria Uno (excuse me, Uno Chicago Grill), and there's rumours of a Hooters and a White Castle. I'll be the first in line to be a Hooters Girl.

I remember back when we had pretty much nothing except for Pizza Hut, McDonalds, Wendy's, Burger King, Perkins, and some local pizza places. Now we've got the Olive Garden, Red Lobster, Chili's, Outback, Red Robin, Applebee's, TGI Friday's, Chuck E. Cheese, Ruby Tuesday, and all the other restaurants everywhere else had but we didn't.

Anyone remember East Side Mario's? There was one in the Aventura Mall and one in Paramus, NJ. Both of them have closed now. I just found out that it's a Canadian chain (of American-Italian cuisine) and the only ones left in the states are in California, Texas, and Michigan.

Wilt Dasney

Popeye's is tops among all the chain fried chicken joints I've ever tried.

Although the corn nuggets at Church's are pretty :slurp:

Nemo14

We used to have an Arthur Treacher's here in the mall food court. Also used to have something called Duke's Dogs.

We're supposedly getting a Popeye's where the Pizza Hut that closed used to be. The building is up but not finished and there's no signs indicating what it's going to be. But that's what I've heard. We're getting a Pizzeria Uno (excuse me, Uno Chicago Grill), and there's rumours of a Hooters and a White Castle. I'll be the first in line to be a Hooters Girl.

I remember back when we had pretty much nothing except for Pizza Hut, McDonalds, Wendy's, Burger King, Perkins, and some local pizza places. Now we've got the Olive Garden, Red Lobster, Chili's, Outback, Red Robin, Applebee's, TGI Friday's, Chuck E. Cheese, Ruby Tuesday, and all the other restaurants everywhere else had but we didn't.

Anyone remember East Side Mario's? There was one in the Aventura Mall and one in Paramus, NJ. Both of them have closed now. I just found out that it's a Canadian chain (of American-Italian cuisine) and the only ones left in the states are in California, Texas, and Michigan.
We had an east-side Mario's. We loved that place!

LilDucky

Ever try Bojangles chicken???-had awsome hot spicy freid chicken with great biscuits and gravy.
Yeah, but Popeye's is better and spicier. But Bojangles is good, and it'll suffice.

Church's chicken is ok, but their biscuits are nummy :slurp: :slurp:

DDuckFan130

Yeah, but Popeye's is better and spicier. But Bojangles is good, and it'll suffice.

Church's chicken is ok, but their biscuits are nummy :slurp: :slurp:
I LOVE their biscuits. Their chicken is good too, but I prefer KFC because it has a little more spice in it :lol:

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
I would rather eat at a divey tacqueria down the block from the Cook County Jail. Sure, it's sort of a rough neighborhood. But the food makes it worth the risk.

Yeah... sometimes you gotta risk being shived to get to the good stuff. Not soo much / no worries on the North side though. :lol: :lookaroun

I cant remember the name of the place but it was a fastfood chicken place in Greenville SC and their chicken BLEW Popeyes out of the water. It was the best I've every had.

wedway71

Original Poster
ok speak of chicken -anybody remember Chicken Unlimited?-Not sure if only a Florida chain or not but they had great chicken.

Tara Stone

In NY, we lost Hardees a long time ago. As a kid, I loved Hardees hamburgers

Most Roy Rogers became Wendy's.

There's one Ground Round in Levittown, but no popcorn, no movies, and no 'pay what you weigh'.

No one's mentioned Arthur Treachers. They're gone, too. They had the best hush puppies.

Does anyone remember McDowell's on Union Turnpike. It was a lot like McDonald's, but it was differ......wait a minute, that was the movie 'Coming to America'.

Roy Rogers had the best fixins bar (watch out for the Peco's Bill's fans)
LOVED the hush puppies at Arthur Treachers!

Tara Stone

Does anyone remember a burger place supposed to be kinda like a 60's joint called G D Ritzys?
We had two just outside of Pittsburgh and I loved the burgers and chilidogs!!!
They have been gone from here a long time and no one I ever ask remembers them!

maelstrom

I think we had a Hardees here once upon a time.

I remember my parents paying what I weighed for my food. I was so small that they ended up paying like 20 cents for my food. And getting ice cream in a baseball cap bowl.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom