Im hungry bring em back!

tigsmom

Do you know the secret for their fried ice cream :slurp: by any chance or is that learned during week 4? :animwink:

I know nothing :cry:

Now I've never been to a Chi-Chi's so I don't know if this is right or not (and I didn't finish the thread so if its already posted sorry...)

Chi-Chi's Mexican "Fried" Ice Cream

Serving Size : 2 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Copycat Desserts
Ethnic Mexican

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 6-inch flour tortilla
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tbsp sugar
1/4 cup cornflake crumbs
2 large scoops vanilla ice cream
1 can whipped cream
2 maraschino cherries with stems

Prepare each tortilla by frying it in the hot oil in a frying pan over
medium/high heat. Fry each side of the tortilla for about 1 minute until
crispy. Drain the tortillas on paper towels.

Combine the cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl.
Sprinkle half of the cinnamon mixture over both sides of the fried
tortillas, coating evenly. Not all of the sugar mixture will stick
to the tortillas, and that's okay.
Combine the other half of the cinnamon mixture with the cornflake crumbs in
another small bowl. Pour the cornflake mixture into a wide, shallow bowl or
onto a plate.
Place a large scoop of ice cream in the cornflake crumbs, and with your
hands roll the ice cream around until the entire surface is evenly coated with
cornflake crumbs. You should not be able to see the ice cream.
Place the ice cream scoop on the center of a cinnamon/sugar-coated tortilla.
Spray whipped cream around the base of the ice cream. Spray an additional
pile of cream on top of the ice cream.
Put a cherry in the top pile of whipped cream. Repeat for the remaining
scoop of ice cream. Serve with a side dish of honey, chocolate syrup, or
strawberry topping, if desired.

tigsmom

In NY, we lost Hardees a long time ago. As a kid, I loved Hardees hamburgers

Most Roy Rogers became Wendy's.

There's one Ground Round in Levittown, but no popcorn, no movies, and no 'pay what you weigh'.

No one's mentioned Arthur Treachers. They're gone, too. They had the best hush puppies.

Does anyone remember McDowell's on Union Turnpike. It was a lot like McDonald's, but it was differ......wait a minute, that was the movie 'Coming to America'.

We were so happy to find an Arthur Treacher's when we were in Florida visiting the inlaws...love those hush puppies! :slurp:

Anybody remember Carrol's? They were bought out by Burger King in the late 70's.

We used to go to a place called Hungry Herman's out that way, they made fries by hand (I know because my brother had to peel & cut the potatoes every morning :lol: ).

tigsmom

We used to have an Arthur Treacher's here in the mall food court. Also used to have something called Duke's Dogs.

We're supposedly getting a Popeye's where the Pizza Hut that closed used to be. The building is up but not finished and there's no signs indicating what it's going to be. But that's what I've heard. We're getting a Pizzeria Uno (excuse me, Uno Chicago Grill), and there's rumours of a Hooters and a White Castle. I'll be the first in line to be a Hooters Girl.

I remember back when we had pretty much nothing except for Pizza Hut, McDonalds, Wendy's, Burger King, Perkins, and some local pizza places. Now we've got the Olive Garden, Red Lobster, Chili's, Outback, Red Robin, Applebee's, TGI Friday's, Chuck E. Cheese, Ruby Tuesday, and all the other restaurants everywhere else had but we didn't.

Anyone remember East Side Mario's? There was one in the Aventura Mall and one in Paramus, NJ. Both of them have closed now. I just found out that it's a Canadian chain (of American-Italian cuisine) and the only ones left in the states are in California, Texas, and Michigan.

Popeye's is opening by us in Harriman in the WalMart Plaza so it will probably be up your way too. We have Uno's already. :slurp:

Heard Hooters is going into the old Krispy Kream building by Ruby Tuesday's, hadn't heard anything about White Castle coming into the area (oh my stomach :zipit: ).

***How did I miss this thread?! **

maelstrom

@Mad:

I think I remember Hungry Herman's too.

I just went to the Newburgh mall not too long ago but I honestly don't remember if The Ground Round is still there. Caldor is gone and now it's The Bon-Ton. I think that particular Caldor had the old brown/orange/gold rainbow logo up until the time it closed.

I think the Krispy Kreme building is too small for Hooters. First I heard it was going in the old A&P building on 211. Then I heard over by Applebee's (but not the Krispy Kreme building). In that area they have all dug up and fenced in. Pizzeria Uno is going in over by the Super 8 & HoJo, across from the mall. I went to the one in Woodbury once. It's not really something I want to eat all the time.

I think they should put White Castle in where the Dolson Avenue Burger King was. I personally don't eat White Castle, but most people I know love it.

The Ground Round just closed this past week in our area. :( No mention of why or if it is coming back. But I will miss it for having a good burger and me and my daughter absolutely loved their Peach Smoothie in the tall glass! :slurp: And with kids eating free on Tuesday's who wouldnt love that. :animwink:

dopey

Yeah... sometimes you gotta risk being shived to get to the good stuff. Not soo much / no worries on the North side though. :lol: :lookaroun

Yeah, in certain North Side neighbors, the locals would be only too happy to stick you with something quite different. I'd prefer a shiv.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom