if you could get rid of any Disney ride...

Yankeeplex

MK - Stitch, Indy Cars, Snow White
Epcot - update UoE...great ride but very stale with Ellen...
MGM (yes I still and will always call it that) update Indy and GMR
AK - get rid of the carnival area...never anybody there...put another e-ticket in the area

steener618

My changes would be:

MK - get rid of Stitch, bring back Alien, and change the tiki room.

Epcot - add Ireland to WS (that would be interesting).

AK - pretty good for now.

MGM (as I will always call it) - update the Star Wars ride, add more hollywood movie based rides (not Disney movies), get rid of the backlot tour and put a huge blockbuster thrill ride back there (The Dark Knight? lol jk), and bring back Sorcery in the Sky fireworks (lol, highly doubt that one) or at least find a way to perform some interesting fireworks spectacular in addition to Fantasmic!

EDIT - Also an RNR idea. Should Aerosmith depart as rumored, Disney could put multiple Rock n' Roll bands on the soundtrack and just call it the Rock n' Roller Coaster (dropping "starring Aerosmith"). Way better idea than the rumored Hannah Montana or Jonas Brothers too. If Aerosmith stays, then keep it the way it is.

iellis14

Get rid of all of the old outdated movies in Epcot.

Stitch has to go in Magic Kingdom. Beings strapped down in a chair with gross hot dog smell being blown at you just isn't ny idea of fun.

DHS - Pretty much everything could go expect for the big 3, ToT, TSM and RNR.

AKL So far so good.

Now for replacements...

For Epcot- A water ride, maybe "White Waters of the World" with sort of a surfing, kayaking, extreme sports feel. (I'm not really thinking about space requirements, just what I'd rather have)

For Magic Kingdom: I agree..bring back 20,000 Leagues!

For DHS. Just start over: With the rich history of film entertainment, movies, TV etc there are plenty of thematic options. Add a couple of dark rides with a few thrills mixed in. Add another coaster . Add a big stage with live, slightly edgier than normal Disney music, a few name acts too. Add a walk through attraction similar to local haunted cornfields, (a tribute to horror movie genre) but of Disney quality. A couple of bars. A couple of decent outdoor restaurants with live entertainment in the PM. Turn this into a park primarily for older kids, teens and adults. Keep it all running into the later evening. Bring the Adventurer's club in with an added layer of "Jungle/Adventure movie theming" Shoot some cool fireworks or light show effects over the entire park as in MK.
Now there's an all day and night attraction - something that could help replace PI!

I love this persons post. good thinking

steener618

Get rid of all of the old outdated movies in Epcot.

Stitch has to go in Magic Kingdom. Beings strapped down in a chair with gross hot dog smell being blown at you just isn't ny idea of fun.

DHS - Pretty much everything could go expect for the big 3, ToT, TSM and RNR.

AKL So far so good.

Now for replacements...

For Epcot- A water ride, maybe "White Waters of the World" with sort of a surfing, kayaking, extreme sports feel. (I'm not really thinking about space requirements, just what I'd rather have)

For Magic Kingdom: I agree..bring back 20,000 Leagues!

For DHS. Just start over: With the rich history of film entertainment, movies, TV etc there are plenty of thematic options. Add a couple of dark rides with a few thrills mixed in. Add another coaster . Add a big stage with live, slightly edgier than normal Disney music, a few name acts too. Add a walk through attraction similar to local haunted cornfields, (a tribute to horror movie genre) but of Disney quality. A couple of bars. A couple of decent outdoor restaurants with live entertainment in the PM. Turn this into a park primarily for older kids, teens and adults. Keep it all running into the later evening. Bring the Adventurer's club in with an added layer of "Jungle/Adventure movie theming" Shoot some cool fireworks or light show effects over the entire park as in MK.
Now there's an all day and night attraction - something that could help replace PI!

This person has the right idea with the Studios. I agree 100%. I wonder if a Disney Execs are looking at this idea and putting it into consideration...it would help the Studios ALOT!!!

SirGoofy

This person has the right idea with the Studios. I agree 100%. I wonder if a Disney Execs are looking at this idea and putting it into consideration...it would help the Studios ALOT!!!

Yea, because it helped PI a lot. Disney will never build a park that caters to one demographic. It's horrible business strategy.

yankspy

The most annoying uninteresting thing in WDW HAS to be Sounds Dangerous. Need I explain why?
Agreed
The boardwalk is pretty beat too.
Hey, I like the Boardwalk. I kind of like the fact that it is beat. It is nice to have a place that you can just leisurely stroll through.
Ok so it is obvious that Disney's Hollywood Studios needs the most work of all. One of the biggest problems with it is that it has two of the biggest franchises (Star Wars and Indiana Jones) that have so much potential but Disney isn't doing anything with it. I know the Indiana Jones Stunt show is popular but DHS needs more rides to make it a full day park. DL and TDS gets an Indiana Jones ride but how come that park that needs it the most just gets a stunt show? :shrug: Also I know there is supposed to be a Star Wars 2.0 but I'm not sure if thats just a rumor or not. If it is just a rumor then that is disappointing because Star tours could be so much more, and so many ideas could be used to make an awesome Star Wars attraction.

I also thought it would be neat to have a Fantasia dark ride at the studios (Maybe 3D if there weren't so many already) because Fantasia is such a big part of Disney's film history along with 20,000 leagues under the sea which would be cool to see at the Studios but I know, of course, that there wouldn't be much room for all this. Also how come Stitch gets his own attraction when not even Mickey can get one? :veryconfu
I always thought that there should be a Fantasia dark ride since Walt loved that movie so much. It would also expose kids to inspiring music.

As for me, I would rip out the Swiss Family Treehouse and make either a dark ride or a boat ride centered around the seven wonders of the ancient world. I have never been able to come up with a focus for the ride other than seeing recreations of the wonders. It needs a plot though. :)

elisatonks

This is my disney rehab and new attractions wish list:

• Close sounds dangerous, its just a waste of space and is really outdated, and possibly move mickey's philamagic into this space, as i feel it would fit in well as DHS, this would leave room for a new attraction in fantasyland, probably a show or film again as i doubt there is enough room there for a dark ride in the current attraction space.
  • Take a serious look at the backlot tour and either incorporate the space into pixar place,adding pixar based attractions (i think it should be based on one of the pixar films which don't have an attraction already.) Alternatively i would keep the backlot tour, but place it into major rehab and make it more like the tour at the disney studios at Disneyland Paris.
  • Move high school musical into one of the theaters at DHS rather than on the street to avoid cancellations due to bad weather, to keep the kids happy.
  • Update Star tours to reflect all 7 films and become up to date with recent special effects.
  • I also would love to see the convention center between canada and the UK in epcot changed into a attraction about the UK, ideally an new, improved, peter pan's flight which is better catered for guests with disabilities (you have to be able to walk currently to get on this attraction,) and this would leave space for yet another new fantasyland attraction, ideally beauty and the beast or little mermaid to represent the 2nd golden age of princesses.
  • I would also like to see some sort of interative attraction about how blue screen special effects are created for the movies at DHS. Years ago i remember the 101 Dalmations Making Of... attraction and this had a blue screen special effects part and was really interesting.
  • Do something with the pavilion which used to house body wars. maybe something interative about protecting the planet picking up themes about global warming and how we can help by recycling, using renewable resources, in a fun interesting way. Maybe a recycling rocks show, using the same sort of concept of the long gone food rocks attraction?
  • update the last scene on the muppet attraction so you don't feel like you have temporarily warpped back to the 80's
  • create some sort of show for the theater in tommorowland, it is such a shame to see it wasted for over 10 months of the year.
  • close or update the indy speedway - i must admit i like the earlier post about changing it to a cars theme!

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
Yank

I've been to BW 2 times.

The first was in 2002 at night and I thought it as cool.

The second we went during a drizzle in the day and it was pretty weak. Maybe the night time makes it better?

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
If you could get rid of any Disney ride,and replace it, what Disney movie would you base it off of and what type of ride would you replace it with. Get Creative!

I would totally get rid of Stitch and just start completely a new. I would replace it with a Wall E ride - being where it is located.

On a side note - either somewhere in Liberty Square - America Adventure at Epcot - or at DHS - I think they need a major new ride about National Treasure. It's been a great hit for Disney and would fit in a few different places! :)

SirGoofy

On a side note - either somewhere in Liberty Square - America Adventure at Epcot - or at DHS - I think they need a major new ride about National Treasure. It's been a great hit for Disney and would fit in a few different places! :)

Unfortunately it's so historically inaccurate. If anywhere I'd put it in DHS. I feel like it would horribly taint LS or AA.

trr1

at epcot reuse wonders of life pavilion(its empty anyway) and inside make imagineering world one area lets you overhear real imagineer talk about future upgrade and ideas . then a test area for rides ride and a theater to talk walt disney(like turtletalk) and a computer suggestion box for new rides and upgrades from guests and a area to see models of comming attractions

DisneyparkFreak

DHS -
1. Trash the american idol experience, take the money and revamp the great movie ride and add a muppets dark ride like the one that was origionaly planned. I dont really care what goes in the abandoned ABC theater.

2. If we are to have a "Pixarland" then we need an incredible incredible's coaster or dark ride. The incredible's is a movie that begs for an attraction especially since the movie is left open for a sequel... What better way to have a sequel then you actually experiencing it.

3. We got to get a nightmare before Christmas dark ride. nuf said.

MK
1. I agree with pirates being re-done, the DL version is sooooooo much better... we can keep our que though, their's sucks.

2. Get rid of Aladdin version of Dumbo and do some sort of an Aladdin dark ride/coaster hybrid where the first part is a dark ride and then the last part is a coaster, themed towards a magic carpet ride either escaping from the tiger head or through the city streets.

3. Get back to basics with the classics. Toon Town needs an attraction for family's and I'm not talking about the barnstormer. DL has roger rabbit why can't we have some thing like that but really fun.

4. Build the little mermaid ride and the snow white coaster thing, but also bring in Pinocchio, i really liked it in DL.

5. Puff the magic dragon something...

EPCOT
1. Whitewater raft ride through the Canadian rockies... a) hides the show building for Sorin' b) gives me a reason to go to Canada other than for a steak.

2. Egypt pavilion... authentic food and atmosphere. Then a coaster ride to the underworld and back (not like the crap mummy ride at universal). As well as a museum showing artifacts and exhibits on how to make papyrus.

3. An American adventure dark ride. Guests would board boats that travel through some scenes of colonial America as well as famous times in American history such as Washington crossing the Potomac, the Boston tea party, signing of the declaration of independence, etc.

Animal Kingdom
1. Add all seven continents to AK. Start with Australia since that is the most logical, then add in Europe and N/S America. I know its not a zoo, but with the climate in Fl, they could totally do South America, it could have an Inca, Aztec ancient ruins with a mysterious coaster through dense rain forest, waterfalls and stuff.

2. Completely gut whatever monstrosity is din-o-rama. Totally sucks and we need a some really good attractions there. I don't really care.

3. a "living with the land" type of boat attraction through AK's research facilities and vet areas. Very educational and helps with Disney PR in relating their story on how Disney helps conserve the environment and help animals.

Just my 2 pennies.

andy1278

I like Stitch at MK, but I'm a special boy.

MK:
* Indy Speedway/Tomorrowland Speedway needs something. "Racing" around on an almost-fixed track going about three miles per hour has NO appeal. At least theme it to Cars.
* Bring back the old Tiki Room, or something that's not the current version of the Tiki Room. Try the Stitch version, even.
* It's not a ride, but expand the barber shop beyond two chairs? We waited in line for an hour and a half for my GF to get the pixiedust in her hair. Granted, that's our fault, but really, two chairs?
* Add something else to Toontown besides the Barnstormer and a bunch of houses and meet and greets. I'd love the Roger Rabbit ride, but I doubt they'd bring that in now with the lack of Roger Rabbit these days.

Epcot:
* I love Ellen and I love Bill Nye, and I even love Alex Trebek, but I didn't love Universe of Energy. It needs some pizzazz of some sort.
* Update "Honey I Shrunk the Kids". Outdated and I'm sure there is SOMETHING more recent that can do the same thing.

Hollywood:
* Throw something else into "The Great Movie Ride." At least add a few current (or more current movies) into the montage at the end.
* More Muppets!
* More Pixar. I'd vote for the Incredibles as a feature.

Animal Kingdom:
More time to do everything!

I'm mostly surprised by the lack of any ride based on Mickey.

the-reason14

Def. the monsters inc. show. I wish they would put in something worth more than a 2 minute wait, cuz that show is just utter trash. Or atleast change the name and take out the comedy cuz it aint funny.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom