if you could get rid of any Disney ride...

scottnj1966

If you could get rid of any Disney ride,and replace it, what Disney movie would you base it off of and what type of ride would you replace it with. Get Creative!

I'm actually against them removing any ride to make room for another.
they have acres of room to keep adding on.
Just build more rides, the ones they have are packed all the time now, need to spread the people out.

I would love to see another water ride built.
Little mermaid could work.

But if you want to do soemthing with one of the rides, update the speedway. Disneyland did already with the chevron cars. Imagine all the cars being themed from the movie cars.

kimmychad

I'd like to see the riverboat in magic kingdom replaced, it's boring and it's down alot anyways.
the whole dino-rama county fair thing can go away. i can do most of those rides at a carnival.
stitches great escape shouldn't have ever been made. if people are too afraid to experience alien encounter then don't ride. i choose not to ride rockin' roller coaster because i don't want to go upside down.

i'd love to see more water rides at disney, something along the lines of jurassic park would be great.

yankspy

I'd like to see the riverboat in magic kingdom replaced, it's boring and it's down alot anyways.
the whole dino-rama county fair thing can go away. i can do most of those rides at a carnival.
stitches great escape shouldn't have ever been made. if people are too afraid to experience alien encounter then don't ride. i choose not to ride rockin' roller coaster because i don't want to go upside down.

i'd love to see more water rides at disney, something along the lines of jurassic park would be great.
Ahh, what a great attraction. Too bad.:cry:

Scooter

I'd get rid of The Country Bear Jamboree.

It's not only JamBORing, but with toothless hillbilly bears who drink corn whiskey from jugs while singing about blood on saddles and shooting little buford instead of whooping him and playing "gitars that only have one STRANG"...well, it all just seems a tad politically incorrect these days.

But that's just my take the subject.

I will say though, that CBJ is a good place to go to get out of the heat and take a little nap.

gettingsmaller

I like Stitch at MK, but I'm a special boy.

I rode Stitch last year and thought it was fun. I WAS lucky enough to get to ride the ExtraTerrorrestrial Alien Encounter back in 1999. That ride--especially when you had no idea what was coming--was intense. It was incredible, but I can see how there would be problems with kids riding that ride. I thought Stitch was fine as an adaptation, and I actually intend to ride it in December...

As for what needs to go--Backlot Tour has to be one of the largest wastes of space on the WDW property. If I were in charge, I'd shut it down out of pure embarassment. As for what to replace it with? What about a Ratatioulle sewer raft ride?

totodog

I'd get rid of The Country Bear Jamboree.

It's not only JamBORing, but with toothless hillbilly bears who drink corn whiskey from jugs while singing about blood on saddles and shooting little buford instead of whooping him and playing "gitars that only have one STRANG"...well, it all just seems a tad politically incorrect these days.

But that's just my take the subject.

I will say though, that CBJ is a good place to go to get out of the heat and take a little nap.

and take those rum-swiggin, women-selling, float-by shootin, torturin (waterboarding the governor), arson-lovin, PIRATES with ya! :hammer:

gettingsmaller

and take those rum-swiggin, women-selling, float-by shootin, torturin (waterboarding the governor), arson-lovin, PIRATES with ya! :hammer:

I see your point. I am not a fan of political correctness... Somehow, I am fine with Pirates, but found Country Bears to be boring and distasteful... I think maybe it was an attraction for a different time--both in terms of content (hey, how funny was it when Johnny Carson would tease Ed McMahon about his drinking?) AND in terms of technology. At one time, that sort of tech was new and special. Now, it's old school and you can see it at Chuck-E-Cheese. If you have boring/questionable content AND you take away the technology angle, you're really not left with much...

BTW, a similar show at a state fair or something may be worth the time, but to spend time in Country Bears when you could be riding Splash or Big Thunder (or Pirates) just seems like a waste at WDW... I guess what I'm trying to say is that "boring" can be relative. Would I sit through it at the Texas State Fair? Probably (though I still may be uncomfortable with my very young kids watching some of it and fearing questions they may ask). Do I want to sit through it at WDW? No way, Jose.

njDizFan

if I had to pick 1 from each park:

MK- gut CBJ ,horrible, outdated, boring

DHS- sounds dangerous, what is that anyway? tear it down

EPCOT-JII is pretty bad

AK- well camp Minnie/Mickey would be agreat place for "Beastlie Kingdom" I'll be waiting!!

hpyhnt 1000

then why are you going to disney in 31 days if the counter on the bottom of your post is correct:wave:

Its just Pumbas being Pumbas. :)

Don't worry; inside, I think he actually likes Disney. But don't tell him I said that! :lookaroun

Anyway, attraction I'd get rid of? Sounds Dangerous at DHS. Not only is it boring and pointless, its also rather unsanitary. :hurl:

Krack2

I'd get rid of Test Track in a nanosecond - to me it represents almost everything that's wrong with Epcot.

In MK, the only two things I'd get rid of are the Flying Carpets and Stitch.

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
I'd have to get rid of JIYI and hope that they'd do an updated version of the original JII. Not necessarily a total reincarnation of the attraction, but a respectable redo with the same theme/message/emotionally envoking end result. And while we're at it, just spruce up Imageworks and reopen it to the public. Rainbow tunnel and pin table, anyone?

yankspy

I'd have to get rid of JIYI and hope that they'd do an updated version of the original JII. Not necessarily a total reincarnation of the attraction, but a respectable redo with the same theme/message/emotionally envoking end result. And while we're at it, just spruce up Imageworks and reopen it to the public. Rainbow tunnel and pin table, anyone?
I used to love the pin table. Yes, I am easily amused.:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom