I successfully stoped a group of line cutters!!!

sweetpee_1993

No i have to agree with grizzly, these 15 teenagers as youve said, might all have stopped at the bathroom. Being a tour group I assume they only have scheduled bathroom stops. So they are doing nothing different. Its either allow it or dont allow it. No difference whatsoever.

Ageism at its finest folks!

Obviously you don't have kids. I can't tell you how many times I told mine to go if they had to or not then got 10 minutes up the road & hear them say, "Mom! I gotta go potty!" Ask 'em why they didn't go at the bathroom 10 minutes ago. They did. Now they have to go again. Bladder function of little bitty kids is unlike that of perfectly healthy adults.

I was really hoping to find out what stoping meant.

It's like "stopping" only slightly shorter. :wave:

Nemo14

No i have to agree with grizzly, these 15 teenagers as youve said, might all have stopped at the bathroom. Being a tour group I assume they only have scheduled bathroom stops. So they are doing nothing different. Its either allow it or dont allow it. No difference whatsoever.

Ageism at its finest folks!
Then the others should have waited for their friends at the end of the line, just as the father should have in the previous scenario. Plain and simple!

sweetpee_1993

Oh well, determination to one-up others will be what it is. I just hope those people don't get stuck behind me in line next time I'm there. You'll just be behind me. We can have a lovely visit at that time.

:D:wave:

Grizzly Hall 71

It depends upon intent. If the dad did this just to save time and get the family in ahead of others, then yes it is line cutting. The dad should wait for the family to join the line as a group.

How can you tell someone's intent? Is it written all over their face? No. So how did the OP know that those teenagers were probally at the bathroom before they got to Everest?

You can't read someone's intent it's not like they got it sprayed on their shirt.

Obviously you don't have kids. I can't tell you how many times I told mine to go if they had to or not then got 10 minutes up the road & hear them say, "Mom! I gotta go potty!" Ask 'em why they didn't go at the bathroom 10 minutes ago. They did. Now they have to go again. Bladder function of little bitty kids is unlike that of perfectly healthy adults.
:

Notice how I dont have a problem with the line jumping, thats not my point of the post you quoted :eek:

Then the others should have waited for their friends at the end of the line, just as the father should have in the previous scenario. Plain and simple!

Um but its not because its a very large tour group, not a family of 4

Grizzly Hall 71

It's like "stopping" only slightly shorter. :wave:

You got to think though, not all parents at WDW are smart like you. These are the same parents who let their kids take pictures on rocks right near a sign that says do not climb rocks.

The same parents who let their kids feed the macaws at AK when they get off their perch. Instead of telling a manager. And then want to sue Disney because their kid got bit by the Macaw.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
How can you tell someone's intent? Is it written all over their face? No. So how did the OP know that those teenagers were probally at the bathroom before they got to Everest?

You can't read someone's intent it's not like they got it sprayed on their shirt.

Intent was brought up for you to judge yourself , not others.

unkadug

Notice how I dont have a problem with the line jumping, thats not my point of the post you quoted :eek:

Um but its not because its a very large tour group, not a family of 4

Then if being in a large tour group causes logistical problems, then there is the inherent flaw of the large tour group. Solution: break it down into smaller groups.

Grizzly Hall 71

Intent was brought up for you to judge yourself , not others.

As humans we're going to make mistakes. Your judgement is not always right. So how are you going to judge someone for right or wrong based off their intent which you can't see. So if you rather judge for yourself and let it be a BIG mistake against the entire country of Brazil. You be my guest.

Computer Magic

Well when regular non tour group people do the same thing I bet the people in line would probally let them pass right? Because they weren't tour group people.

I don't call it line jumping if your party is already ahead waiting on line and your trying to get up with them because you were enjoying something else in the park. I call it being smart.
Sometimes you just have to P.ee and then get in line to catch up with family.

unkadug

Even a group of 10 is different then a family of 4.

Not really. It's just that everyone has this self-entitlement attitude today that they feel their actions have no consequences or impacts on others.

Your attitude on this thread shows me that you have a large case of this.

muteki

Its line jumping if for a given guest their actual wait time is changed in-queue by someone going in front of them that wasn't there previously, regardless of the reason. If they couldn't get to the line in time to join with their friends then they will have to wait the same amount of time as everyone else entering the line at that point in time, or make there friends come back to meet them in the back of the line.

The example with kids already in line and the restroom is not line jumping, because whether or not the kids had to go or not, the wait time for those behind them would remain unchanged. However, the example with the kids having to go prior to lining up and them sending dad or whoever to join and hold a spot for them is line jumping.

If part of a group wants to join the remainder further up in line it is jumping, because it will extend the wait time of everyone behind the in-line group because the joining group was never there, unlike in the first kids situation.

Another way to think about it would be if Disney had a way of accurately, in real time, tracking how long the wait to the ride would be. Every rider entering the queue would be given a contract stating that the advertised time would have to be adhered to. Anything that would cause the actual wait time to not match the advertised should be considered line jumping.

And while this complaint is often made against "brazilian tour groups", I do believe it has some degree of merit because I have experienced it myself first hand on more than one occasion. Carrying a backpack and physically blocking the path of jumpers generally works for me.

GoofyFan1

Well when regular non tour group people do the same thing I bet the people in line would probally let them pass right? Because they weren't tour group people.

I don't call it line jumping if your party is already ahead waiting on line and your trying to get up with them because you were enjoying something else in the park. I call it being smart.

What is your definition of line jumping? Because what you just stated seems to me to be the precise definition of line jumbing, group or individual.

Tater48

This just makes me shake my head at your post, I agree line jumping is not permitted, but do we need to put the "brazilian tour group" spin on it. There is not a battle going on in WDW between non tour group v. tour group people

I read the OP and I never saw where he made reference to "Brazilian Tour Groups". This came from you.

Brazilian tour group, German tour group, Swedish tour group, Mexican tour group, or any tour group or individuals. It doesn't matter to me, if you are behind me in line, that's where you're going to stay. Behind me. You can catch up to them when you finally make it through the ride. Behind me. Maybe I can tell them you should be out shortly, because you were behind me. That's just the way it is.

sweetpee_1993

I read the OP and I never saw where he made reference to "Brazilian Tour Groups". This came from you.

Brazilian tour group, German tour group, Swedish tour group, Mexican tour group, or any tour group or individuals. It doesn't matter to me, if you are behind me in line, that's where you're going to stay. Behind me. You can catch up to them when you finally make it through the ride. Behind me. Maybe I can tell them you should be out shortly, because you were behind me. That's just the way it is.

BAM! Thank yoooouuuuu...... That's what I'm talkin' 'bout! :wave:

unkadug

HA HA...you are right . He WAS the first person on this thread to call them out for being Brazilian. :ROFLOL:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom