I have a Bone to pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samadamz

Oh come on, do you really expect Disney to regulate everything that annoys you?
Too many kids in strollers? Don't go, or don't let it bother you...your choice.
Someone purposefully banging you with a stroller can be handled with a direct comment; but that situation is relatively rare.

Disneyworld is crowded, and like it or not that causes annoyances: Strollers, wheelchairs, confused mall-walking people, 6-across-hand-in-hand-walking, too-personal loud conversations in lines, deodorant-challenged individuals, boorish behavior, loud-annoying math quizzes in line shouted by over-zealous parents-of-children-who-should-be-in-school....etc etc LOL

Don't go, or don't let it bother you. But don't expect Disney to regulate this stuff in some way.

Buried20KLeague

This is getting absurd....

Comparing kids returning to work or employees returing to work and those desirious of renting an ECV? Really? The reasoning behind the first two is that the school and employer has to ensure those who were sick no longer pose a health hazard to others. Aside from a scraped knee or banged shin, the same really doesn't apply here for those on an ECV.

And if Disney could honestly (and legally) ask those questions, don't you think they would have? Don't you think they would have checked any individual who physically may not be capable if they should be on rides such as ToT or M:S? Instead of getting sued every few years or having people expire after riding their attractions? Same for those third-party companies renting ECVs/wheelchairs/strollers.

That's not at all the reasons behind the first two. NOW who's "opining on absolutes"???? :lol: What if the kid can't participate in gym class because there's something bothering the kid, but it's not visable? Seems like EXACTLY what we're talking about here.

And we require notes not because I want to make sure my employees don't infect others. We require them so I know they're not at the movies (instead of working) and collecting a paycheck... We require them as validity when they claim they can't do this or that... Etc.

And I certainly don't know if Disney would already be asking these questions if they could... I don't work there. Like I said earlier, my guess is that they created a monster, and it got out of control, and they don't know how to fix it.

Either way... I'm done on this topic. I REALLY don't care that much about it... I was simply trying to have a simple interesting discussion... Which instead turned into the defense of my tyrannical mindset. :rolleyes: So if you'll excuse me, I'm going to take my evil self over to Dr. Doofenschmirtz's evil headquarters and continue working with him on the anti-ECVinator we're building to make the Tri-State Area safe for all walkers again!!!! BWAH HA HA!!!!!

Hopefully Perry the Platypus doesn't catch wind of our evil scheme... :lookaroun

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
That's not at all the reasons behind the first two. NOW who's "opining on absolutes"???? :lol: What if the kid can't participate in gym class because there's something bothering the kid, but it's not visable? Seems like EXACTLY what we're talking about here.

And we require notes not because I want to make sure my employees don't infect others. We require them so I know they're not at the movies (instead of working) and collecting a paycheck... We require them as validity when they claim they can't do this or that... Etc.

And I certainly don't know if Disney would already be asking these questions if they could... I don't work there. Like I said earlier, my guess is that they created a monster, and it got out of control, and they don't know how to fix it.

Either way... I'm done on this topic. I REALLY don't care that much about it... I was simply trying to have a simple interesting discussion... Which instead turned into the defense of my tyrannical mindset. :rolleyes: So if you'll excuse me, I'm going to take my evil self over to Dr. Doofenschmirtz's evil headquarters and continue working with him on the anti-ECVinator we're building to make the Tri-State Area safe for all walkers again!!!! BWAH HA HA!!!!!

Hopefully Perry the Platypus doesn't catch wind of our evil scheme... :lookaroun

Right, because examples are the same as absolute statements. Such as stating that asking for a doctor's note is not illegal when it comes to renting an ECV or wheelchair.

And I'm sure that Disney enjoys being regularly sued. But I'm also certain that's just what they deserve, because as you said, they're too incompetent to come up with a solution.

Buried20KLeague

Right, because examples are the same as absolute statements. Such as stating that asking for a doctor's note is not illegal when it comes to renting an ECV or wheelchair.

And I'm sure that Disney enjoys being regularly sued. But I'm also certain that's just what they deserve, because as you said, they're too incompetent to come up with a solution.

Wow, you're REALLY stuck on that. I could ask my lawyers to confirm the legality of Disney asking for a doctor's release, but what would be the point? You wouldn't believe me anyway, no matter what I said.

I didn't at all say that they're too incompetent to come up with a solution. Quit putting words in my mouth. I, in fact, said just the opposite... That I was sure they could come up with something clever and legal, and not "back breaking" for those that needed it. Saying they don't know how to fix it doesn't mean they're incapable of doing so... It could be that they're not sure what angle to take.

What is your deal with this?? Why are you so angry at me? I totally don't get it. And I'm not looking for a fight. ?? :shrug:

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Wow, you're REALLY stuck on that. I could ask my lawyers to confirm the legality of Disney asking for a doctor's release, but what would be the point? You wouldn't believe me anyway, no matter what I said.

I didn't at all say that they're too incompetent to come up with a solution. Quit putting words in my mouth. I, in fact, said just the opposite... That I was sure they could come up with something clever and legal, and not "back breaking" for those that needed it. Saying they don't know how to fix it doesn't mean they're incapable of doing so... It could be that they're not sure what angle to take.

What is your deal with this?? Why are you so angry at me? I totally don't get it. And I'm not looking for a fight. ?? :shrug:

I'm certain, as I stated before, that Disney's legions of attorneys would have already come up with a solution to this egregious situation that supposedly impacts so many at the parks before now. But there's more than a slight difference between someone wanting to rent an ECV or wheelchair at Disney and the medical situation of a child in school or an employee at the proverbial office. If there was an "angle" for them to take in the 50+ years they've been in the theme park business, I'm sure they could have come up with it.

And last time I checked, you were departing this thread. Stay if you want, or go; I'm indifferent. But what you call "anger" is simply my disagreeing with you. If you don't like that fact, nothing I can do about it. But the last time I checked I had that right here as much as you....

Eyorefan

It would not be illegal for Disney to require a person to produce a doctor's note before allowing them to rent one their privately owned wheel chair.

HIPPA only protects a patient from unautherized people examining their medical records. HIPPA does not protect a patient from willing sharing that information with a third party in order to rent a wheel chair.

The reason why Disney doesn't ask for doctor's notes is because to them, renting EVCs and wheel chairs is just another way to make money. I honestly don't think they care why people rent them. These people aren't cheating anything as, in most cases they wait in the exact same line as everyone else, and in some cases, their wait to get on rides is actually longer than if they had been able to walk through the line.

Pepper's Ghost

its your countries law not mine, not on any crusade, but when you post of something you clearly know nothing about, its not P****ng on your suggestions its just putting you straight, no anger just a liitle suprised you choose to justify your arguments with no facts or effort to find whats right or not.

you wanting guests in ecvs to wait in line putting the safety aspect aside just for you, when its the law, shows scant respect for others, so you telling me to show respect is little funny really.

Putting me straight? Seriously? Man, you are just salty by nature.

I wasn't justifying any argument, I was making suggestions for solutions that work for all.... no arguing involved, unlike yourself. You have nothing constructive to suggest. I'm not putting anyone's safety aside just for me. You've never considered that the rest of us are put aside for every single ECV that drives up? You supposedly know the laws in regards to this so well, and you're taking this very personally, so I'm assuming that you or someone in your family uses an ECV when you visit WDW. That would also explain why you have no better solution to the issue because you see no issue.

By your logic, ECVs are so dangerous to people that are near them. So then why are they allowed in the parks at all. If they're so dangerous to be in line to wait for a bus, then why are they allowed to be driven around thousands of people including little kids in the parks????

I'm just trying to come up with a solution that works for everyone involved so that ECV users get what they need, and the rest of can have an improved experience at WDW as well.

I was just enjoying the banter when I cam across this post. And I have the perfect solution for this situation.

Wait for the next bus.

Thanks for having my back on this one Dan. :) Everyone waits for later buses because of ECVs, but an ECV and the 15 people who are with it should never have to wait for the next bus.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
It would not be illegal for Disney to require a person to produce a doctor's note before allowing them to rent one their privately owned wheel chair.

HIPPA only protects a patient from unautherized people examining their medical records. HIPPA does not protect a patient from willing sharing that information with a third party in order to rent a wheel chair.

The reason why Disney doesn't ask for doctor's notes is because to them, renting EVCs and wheel chairs is just another way to make money. I honestly don't think they care why people rent them. These people aren't cheating anything as, in most cases they wait in the exact same line as everyone else, and in some cases, their wait to get on rides is actually longer than if they had been able to walk through the line.

What right does Disney have to ask someone to provide medical information in renting a wheelchair? To take that further, what right would Disney have to ask someone their medical history when purchasing a ticket? They've posted warnings about their rides for individuals throughout the parks, but that doesn't prevent those with questionable medical history from riding them. The ECVs/wheelchairs/strollers are for the use of their guests, those who have bought the tickets and are in the parks. If they can't ask for medical information when they buy the ticket, then the same applies for using the others.....

Buried20KLeague

I'm certain, as I stated before, that Disney's legions of attorneys would have already come up with a solution to this egregious situation that supposedly impacts so many at the parks before now. But there's more than a slight difference between someone wanting to rent an ECV or wheelchair at Disney and the medical situation of a child in school or an employee at the proverbial office. If there was an "angle" for them to take in the 50+ years they've been in the theme park business, I'm sure they could have come up with it.

And last time I checked, you were departing this thread. Stay if you want, or go; I'm indifferent. But what you call "anger" is simply my disagreeing with you. If you don't like that fact, nothing I can do about it. But the last time I checked I had that right here as much as you....

See, you could be WAYYYYY off. What if the lawyers already HAVE come up with exactly how they could do it, but there's an internal battle between merch and ops because of the loss of the revenue of rentals (which has been pointed out has to probably be a large amount) vs. crowd control issues? You have no idea. And this hasn't been an issue for 50 years. It's just ramped up in the recent past... Maybe 5 years? Maybe a little longer?

Disagreeing is one thing. Trying to talk down and belittle someone for a different viewpoint is another.

You catch more flies with honey than vinegar. Your claws don't have to come out just because you have a different opinion. Personally, I think that only helps diminish whatever point you might be trying to make to people.

Pepper's Ghost

Oh come on, do you really expect Disney to regulate everything that annoys you?
Too many kids in strollers? Don't go, or don't let it bother you...your choice.
Someone purposefully banging you with a stroller can be handled with a direct comment; but that situation is relatively rare.

Disneyworld is crowded, and like it or not that causes annoyances: Strollers, wheelchairs, confused mall-walking people, 6-across-hand-in-hand-walking, too-personal loud conversations in lines, deodorant-challenged individuals, boorish behavior, loud-annoying math quizzes in line shouted by over-zealous parents-of-children-who-should-be-in-school....etc etc LOL

Don't go, or don't let it bother you. But don't expect Disney to regulate this stuff in some way.

LOL! This post gave me a chuckle! :lol:

I just think that the transportation system has been badly affected by the large increase in ECV usage, whether or not by abuse. While maybe not their fault, that's honestly the only thing I think that Disney should try to improve. There has to be a viable way for them to improve it, even if some people think there's nothing wrong with it. There obviously is since so many people complain about it.

And yet others who have posted in this thread choose to just throw stones and accuse those of us who want to find a better way of being selfish or discriminatory. :hammer:

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
See, you could be WAYYYYY off. What if the lawyers already HAVE come up with exactly how they could do it, but there's an internal battle between merch and ops because of the loss of the revenue of rentals (which has been pointed out has to probably be a large amount) vs. crowd control issues? You have no idea. And this hasn't been an issue for 50 years. It's just ramped up in the recent past... Maybe 5 years? Maybe a little longer?

Disagreeing is one thing. Trying to talk down and belittle someone for a different viewpoint is another.

You catch more flies with honey than vinegar. Your claws don't have to come out just because you have a different opinion. Personally, I think that only helps diminish whatever point you might be trying to make to people.

So, I could be WAYYYY off, but you are correct? Merchandising and operations are holding up legal issues?

And again, simply because you don't like what I have to say doesn't mean it's demeaning or insulting you. I haven't personally attacked you, but rather disagreed with your statements. But if you feel I have, either put me on the ignore list or report me. Either way, it's not going to change the fact that I will continue to disagree with you, nor the fact I have the right to do so as well.

Buried20KLeague

Thank you. :wave:

I think you're dead on. But I don't recall where I read it... But someone here somewhere said that there were a couple groups within Disney that were starting to see the problems this has caused. If that's accurate, I'm sure these groups aren't the ones reliant on the dollars these rentals generate. :lol:

Buried20KLeague

So, I could be WAYYYY off, but you are correct? Merchandising and operations are holding up legal issues?

And again, simply because you don't like what I have to say doesn't mean it's demeaning or insulting you. I haven't personally attacked you, but rather disagreed with your statements. But if you feel I have, either put me on the ignore list or report me. Either way, it's not going to change the fact that I will continue to disagree with you, nor the fact I have the right to do so as well.

Nope, not at all. I could be way off, too. In fact, I specifically used the words "My guess is that..." earlier.

Do you actually READ any of my posts, or just see that it's an opposing viewpoint and start attacking?

Wow. You're a peach. Have a Magical Day!! :kiss:

Pepper's Ghost

And again, simply because you don't like what I have to say doesn't mean it's demeaning or insulting you.

Yup, that's what I was thinking too. Not sure why someone felt it was necessary to start being condescending as WDWLOVER1957 was to me in this statement...

in this paragraph you have shown both total ingnorance of the law and lack of commensense

By his score, I guess I'm ignorant and I've got no common sense. Well, if it makes you feel better to talk down to other people, you've got some issues.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Yup, that's what I was thinking too. Not sure why some people felt it was necessary to start being condescending. By their score, I guess I'm ignorant and I've got no common sense. Well, if it makes you feel better to talk down to other people, you've got some issues.

Some people don't like being disagreed with, I suppose.....

But, at least I'm a peach! :rolleyes:

Krack

It's not. Just because you say it is, doesn't mean it is. Surely if it's illegal, you could quote some portion of a law that makes it illegal - not just say that it is over and over and insisting you're correct.

In my opinion, Disney should quit renting ECVs. If you can quote some portion of any law that forces them to rent motorized carts, I would love to see it. I further stated that I believe Disney should prohibit ECVs over 600 lbs in weight (combined machine + rider) from the parks. Again, if you can quote some portion of any law that forces them to allow these carts, I would love to know about it.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
It's not. Just because you say it is, doesn't mean it is. Surely if it's illegal, you could quote some portion of a law that makes it illegal - not just say that it is over and over.

How about doctor-patient confidentiality? How about the fact they have no legal right to the information? I don't need to so much prove that Disney has no legal right to that information as Disney would have to prove that they do. How about the fact that Disney has not, does not, or will not ask for the medical information of their guests, even those renting ECVs, wheelchairs or strollers?

Of course, if you can prove that Disney not only has a right to that information, but the medical history of every single guest who may potentially be medically unfit to ride such attractions as M:S or ToT, by all means, be my guest.

Krack

How about doctor-patient confidentiality?

Doctor-patient confidentiality is a legal concept prohibiting the state (the government) from forcing a doctor to testify about conversations they have had with patients in court. If you are referring to the HIPPA Privacy Rule, again, that applies to doctors, not to the patients themselves.

How about the fact they have no legal right to the information?

And people have no legal right to force Disney to rent ECVs. I am advocating Disney stop renting them to all people.

I don't need to so much prove that Disney has no legal right to that information as Disney would have to prove that they do. How about the fact that Disney has not, does not, or will not ask for the medical information of their guests, even those renting ECVs, wheelchairs or strollers?

None of this requires Disney to rent ECVs, wheelchairs or strollers. Further, none of this prevents Disney from banning ECVs over 600lbs (machine + rider) from the parks.

Of course, if you can prove that Disney not only has a right to that information, but the medical history of every single guest who may potentially be medically unfit to ride such attractions as M:S or ToT, by all means, be my guest.

Again, none of this requires Disney to rent ECVs, wheelchairs or strollers. Further, none of this prevents Disney from banning ECVs over 600lbs (machine + rider) from the parks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom