I have a Bone to pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

sublimesting

This has gone on a bit hasn't it. I think I posted about 50 pages back.

As has been rightly, said, there is nobody on these forums qualified to be judge,jury and executioner, so don't bother trying to justify using these services, it's up to you. Those that express genuine need, I take you at your word and you need not defend your use, those that are deluding themselves, off you wobble to your self inflicted heart condition.

As for there not being a way to tell the difference between people that genuinely need to use the services and those lazy fatties, there is a simple way to tell the difference, and I'll let you into my secret. Genuine users will have manners, and those lazy fat abusers will not.

:)

Saw a fat guy once try to get his ECV through a turnstile at COP. Naturally it didn't fit and the CM unhooked the chain. The guy demanded a manager and stated he would sue Disney for not conforming to ADA and providing a turnstile his ECV could fit through. He refused to go through the area she had removed the chain.
He's only disabled because he disabled himself by eating too many turkey legs and cotton candy.

Evil Genius

Saw a fat guy once try to get his ECV through a turnstile at COP. Naturally it didn't fit and the CM unhooked the chain. The guy demanded a manager and stated he would sue Disney for not conforming to ADA and providing a turnstile his ECV could fit through. He refused to go through the area she had removed the chain.
He's only disabled because he disabled himself by eating too many turkey legs and cotton candy.

While the attitude of the ECV using guest is questionable. Your assertion that the only reason he was overweight is deplorable!

You do understand that over eating isn't the only cause for obesity aren't you?

Diabetes
Thyroid problems
Congestive Heart Failure

Just three examples there...I'm not saying he fell into any of these catagories, but your attitude is almost as repugnant as those who abuse the system.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
No... But you can join me in bashing my head against it!! :brick:
Ah. That does sound more productive than this thread.

Im waiting for that person to tell me that I dont have to read this thead and if they want to argue about fat people and strollers till their blue in the face then that is their business. I guess this is true. Save your post, I wont see it since Im over in the corner bashing my head against the wall. :D

jakeman

Ah. That does sound more productive than this thread.

Im waiting for that person to tell me that I dont have to read this thead and if they want to argue about fat people and strollers till their blue in the face then that is their business. I guess this is true. Save your post, I wont see it since Im over in the corner bashing my head against the wall. :D
You know you don't have to read this thre...oh look at wall!

/bash, bash, bash

sublimesting

While the attitude of the ECV using guest is questionable. Your assertion that the only reason he was overweight is deplorable!

Diabetes
Thyroid problems
Congestive Heart Failure

Just three examples there...I'm not saying he fell into any of these catagories, but your attitude is almost as repugnant as those who abuse the system.

Ya know what, yes, pretty much it is the only cause for morbid obesity. Some (few) other medical conditions can cause people to become overweight. But there is a huge difference between overweight from a medical condition and morbidly obese. There's a reason this is pretty much an American condition (although the rest of the world is starting to catch up). Also note diabetes is prevalent in America mainly as Type 2 diabetes and the majority of these cases are caused by over-eating and being fat (genetics plays some part but look at some diabetes stats and see which direction this nation is headed). We have a BIG problem with over eating and being unhealthy.
That's all I'm going to say about this old recurring issue.

Evil Genius

Ya know what, yes, pretty much it is the only cause for morbid obesity. Some (few) other medical conditions can cause people to become overweight. But there is a huge difference between overweight from a medical condition and morbidly obese. There's a reason this is pretty much an American condition (although the rest of the world is starting to catch up). Also note diabetes is prevalent in America mainly as Type 2 diabetes and the majority of these cases are caused by over-eating and being fat (genetics plays some part but look at some diabetes stats and see which direction this nation is headed). We have a BIG problem with over eating and being unhealthy.
That's all I'm going to say about this old recurring issue.

Guys you're right...about this thread...scootch over and give me some wall

:brick:

Thorpyness

Diabetes
Thyroid problems
Congestive Heart Failure

sorry the equation is simple

calories in > calories out = Fatty !
If you have a condition that means you put weight on more easily, eat less.

fosse76

While I don't know that you can claim the reason for his requirement of an ECV, the user's claim that Disney is violating the ADA is flat-out wrong. Requiring the guest to enter through alternative means is entirely in compliance with the ADA. Some people just like to make trouble.

joannecasey

The fact that so many people focus on what other people are doing while on vacation is amusing to me....who cares if someone uses a stroller for their child that YOU think should not be in one? Who cares if someone is using an ECV and YOU do not think they should be in one...you do not know their situation and even if they use it because they are overweight and it easier..WHO CARES? how is it hurting you? when I am on vacation or anywhere for that matter..I focus on me and my family and what we are doing..I could care less what others are doing.

I also would never teach or allow my daughter to criticize others when she has no clue who they are or their reason for anything..it is not her place.

Enjoy YOUR life and quit worrying about other peoples and you may just have a better time.

:D

:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy: You said it !! I go to Disney to enjoy MY family and not worry about what anyone else is doing !!

Evil Genius

sorry the equation is simple

calories in > calories out = Fatty !
If you have a condition that means you put weight on more easily, eat less.

So someone like my mother who was rail thin her entire life up to the point of developing Congestive Heart Failure which has a symptom of weight gain due to massive fluid build up in the body was eating too much?

Ah...I understand...and I suppose the same applies to the estimated 27 million Americans that suffer from thyroid disease...gotcha...then we can close this discussion altogether then can't we?

graphite1326

Original Poster
sheesh. All I did was start this thread to vent a little about the older, oversize children using strollers.

SORRY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom