I have a Bone to pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
And people have no legal right to force Disney to rent ECVs. I am advocating Disney stop renting them to all people.

None of this requires Disney to rent ECVs, wheelchairs or strollers.

Again, none of this requires Disney to rent ECVs, wheelchairs or strollers.

And yet they still do and will continue on for a long time to come. I hope your disgust of those in ECVs, wheelchairs and strollers doesn't cause you too many ulcers....

Krack

And yet they still do and will continue on for a long time to come. I hope your disgust of those in ECVs, wheelchairs and strollers doesn't cause you too many ulcers....

Well, at least you stopped pretending your argument had any grounding or basis in law. That's progress. As for ulcers? No, it is what it is. It does occassionally make me kind of sad that the park experience isn't as nice as it used to be. But, again, it is what it is - WDW's not going to change it anytime soon. It's why I spend more time at Disneyland.

jakeman

Doctor-patient confidentiality is a legal concept prohibiting the state (the government) from forcing a doctor to testify about conversations they have had with patients in court. If you are referring to the HIPPA Privacy Rule, again, that applies to doctors, not to the patients themselves.
As someone who works with HIPAA on a daily basis, I'm pretty confident in saying it prevents any unauthorized access to a person's medical history.

Yes, that does mean they could technically give Disney consent to look at their medical records, but: 1. Who in their right mind would do that? 2. That would be nothing but bad press for Disney 3. The paperwork involved would be a nightmare, per guest.

Guest don't even like to have their "fingerprint" scanned. The Orlando Sentinel would be on it like a dog on a pork chops. Guest can't even figure out Fastpass, and you expect them to be versed in HIPAA now?

You also realize that authorizing the use of medical records would take about a 16 page document detailing exactly how that information is going to be used, for every person? Forget it if minors are there with grandma and grandpa. If they aren't a legal guardian, then you can't rent to them (wheelchair, stroller, or anything your crazily wanting to put a limit on).

Disney has no right to my medical information to rent a damned ECV. The first day they suggest that would be the first day that another company got my vacation dollars.

I'm done feed the troll as well.

Cindy'sBruno

As someone who works with HIPAA on a daily basis, I'm pretty confident in saying it prevents any unauthorized access to a person's medical history.

Yes, that does mean they could technically give Disney consent to look at their medical records, but: 1. Who in their right mind would do that? 2. That would be nothing but bad press for Disney 3. The paperwork involved would be a nightmare, per guest.

Guest don't even like to have their "fingerprint" scanned. The Orlando Sentinel would be on it like a dog on a pork chops. Guest can't even figure out Fastpass, and you expect them to be versed in HIPAA now?

You also realize that authorizing the use of medical records would take about a 16 page document detailing exactly how that information is going to be used, for every person? Forget it if minors are there with grandma and grandpa. If they aren't a legal guardian, then you can't rent to them (wheelchair, stroller, or anything your crazily wanting to put a limit on).

Disney has no right to my medical information to rent a damned ECV. The first day they suggest that would be the first day that another company got my vacation dollars.

I'm done feed the troll as well.

I wish there was a like button just like facebook. :ROFLOL:

Krack

You used to have to show a handicapped placard (like a person would have in their car to park in a handicapped spot) to get a wheelchair (they weren't rentals, they were provided gratis) at the WDW parks (circa 1989ish). I know that, if your state didn't issue placards, you could substitute a note from your doctor instead that stated you had a physical ailment that required a wheelchair. I watched my grandfather get one every morning for a week. It was neither illegal, an unauthorized intrusion into medical records, or an outrageous afront to personal privacy. It was a system that made perfect sense; if you had a medical need for a wheelchair, Disney would provide you with one. I have no idea if they currently request any information, or how the process works now.

As an aside, at the time, having someone in your party who was in a wheelchair was treated almost like a fastpass all over EPCOT Center - you bypassed the line in almost every pavilion. As soon as one of the cast members saw you approaching the line, they'd generally instruct you to move toward the exit where you could bypass the line and load right on the attractions - this applied to the person's entire party. I have no idea if this is still in practice either.

mp2bill

I'm 32. If someone were willing to usher me around all day while I get to sit, I'm game! Seriously though, kids are fat. :lookaroun

Lol. So true. My wife started watching this show called "Too Fat for 15." That's these kids in another 7 years.

We were all once children, presumably who spent time in a stroller, and we all one day, god willing, will be elderly who may need to spend time in a wheelchair.

Let's just be happy that we get to go to Disney World. So many people will never have the fortune of doing so.

partyoffour

Can I just ask why you guys care so much what someone does with there kids?? I mean are they really hurting anyone?? Did they offend you in someway ? I really do not understand the OP. WHO CARES? :shrug:
If you want to have a kid that sits in a stroller at 16 who gives a crap?? The kids is not running around spitting in peoples faces , throwing ________ , causing a scene, telling you off, or cutting u off in line. I mean really what is the big deal ?? When we go I do not care what people do with their kids wanna know why cause I am in freakin Disney !!!! I am at the happiest place on earth! Question is why are you not there 2 ? Instead you are staring at kids in strollers or judging how old a kid is in it. I worry about what food i am going to munch on that day , hmm should I have a Mickey waffle or maybe a dole whip? OK thats it 13 days and just to warn u I use a double stroller . In fact its a double wide :p

WDWLOVER1957

I was just enjoying the banter when I cam across this post. And I have the perfect solution for this situation.

Wait for the next bus.

yes but according to your law then no one after the wheelchair/ecv, cant get on, neither can anyone else, strangly enough you never see any wc,ecv owners on these boards saying they said this at the bus stops, and before you have a go that is a stupid law but it as what it is.

WDWLOVER1957

Putting me straight? Seriously? Man, you are just salty by nature.

I wasn't justifying any argument, I was making suggestions for solutions that work for all.... no arguing involved, unlike yourself. You have nothing constructive to suggest. I'm not putting anyone's safety aside just for me. You've never considered that the rest of us are put aside for every single ECV that drives up? You supposedly know the laws in regards to this so well, and you're taking this very personally, so I'm assuming that you or someone in your family uses an ECV when you visit WDW. That would also explain why you have no better solution to the issue because you see no issue.

By your logic, ECVs are so dangerous to people that are near them. So then why are they allowed in the parks at all. If they're so dangerous to be in line to wait for a bus, then why are they allowed to be driven around thousands of people including little kids in the parks????

I'm just trying to come up with a solution that works for everyone involved so that ECV users get what they need, and the rest of can have an improved experience at WDW as well.

Thanks for having my back on this one Dan. :) Everyone waits for later buses because of ECVs, but an ECV and the 15 people who are with it should never have to wait for the next bus.

Nothing constructive to say? just the facts, I tell you its your countrys law look it up if you dont believe me, better still ask Disney what and where they tell W/C -ECV to go at the bus stops, this subject comes up regular and every time its pointed out that its the law, a safety issue yet some people still dont get it,

by my logic they are dangerous, where did i say that i merely pointed out it was a safety issue,

I can honestly say we have never in over 20 Disney trips seen 15 people and a WC/ECV get on a bus, can you honestly say you have,

you know where I found out about all these laws, on these forums. so I
looked them up.

I responded to dan pointing out a further peice of your law, what that means is if a WC/ECV is refused onto the bus by law (except if both places are already taken) even if the bus is only half full its considered full,(stupid law I know) and no one else should be allowed on, you ever see a WC/ECV guest bring this up at a bus stop

not trying to be argumentative or salty( whats that mean by the way) not taking it personal either, I really am only trying to show you why its done this way

sublimesting

I can honestly say we have never in over 20 Disney trips seen 15 people and a WC/ECV get on a bus, can you honestly say you have,

I actually can say I have had that happen multiple times. Once it occurred twice in a row as we waited for 20 minutes for a bus. Right as the bus pulls up out of nowhere here comes an ECV with about 20 people. They got on, took up the entire bus and left. We all waited another 20 minutes, a bus pulls up and here comes another huge family about 20 yards away waving and yelling, the bus waits for them to get to the bus (without letting anyone else on). They got to the bus, filled it all up and then left. So we had to wait twice in a row.

I do have a big issue with that. Buses should have a numbering system like a deli. The only other option would be ECV users should only be allowed to bring immediate family as part of their group (Mom, Dad, children).

Evil Genius

I actually can say I have had that happen multiple times. Once it occurred twice in a row as we waited for 20 minutes for a bus. Right as the bus pulls up out of nowhere here comes an ECV with about 20 people. They got on, took up the entire bus and left. We all waited another 20 minutes, a bus pulls up and here comes another huge family about 20 yards away waving and yelling, the bus waits for them to get to the bus (without letting anyone else on). They got to the bus, filled it all up and then left. So we had to wait twice in a row.

I do have a big issue with that. Buses should have a numbering system like a deli. The only other option would be ECV users should only be allowed to bring immediate family as part of their group (Mom, Dad, children).

Dude you must be a magnet for anything involving Murphy's Law then because in my upteen trips to the parks I have never...and I mean NEVER experienced something as ludicrous as that!

An ECV and four or five people? Sure that's happened...but enough to fill a bus...not once...but twice in a row?

Me thinks Captain Hyperbole may be soaring onto the scene...

Wishes 1971

Future World - Stroller Rest Area

I've heard they will begin installing stroller rest areas for the kids throughout the Disney Parks.....Here is the prototype.....

P9220047.jpg

We can't let the kids have a good time at Disney, can we?

sublimesting

Dude you must be a magnet for anything involving Murphy's Law then because in my upteen trips to the parks I have never...and I mean NEVER experienced something as ludicrous as that!

An ECV and four or five people? Sure that's happened...but enough to fill a bus...not once...but twice in a row?

Me thinks Captain Hyperbole may be soaring onto the scene...

:mad: Hardly. You find it hard to believe a group of 20 people could be roaming Disney? It's ridiculoous to think that a perosn in an ECV could be at the parks with a large group? 4-5 is believable bt 15-20 can't possibly be. To happen twice in a row must really be impossible then right!?! I am actually shocked that it hasn't happened to more people. I'd say about 1 in every 6 buses we take at the parks has to wait for at least one ECV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom