I got into a altercation @ F & G festival!!

C&D

In some respects this post has mad him/them, celebrity, infamously so, but celebrity none the less. They must make enough profit to keep coming back, and it does provide for our entertainment, so I guess it's a win/win situation. :lol:

blackerbys17

Yeah that sucks! I just checked their website and it appears I missed them AGAIN! I live in Miami and they were just here a few days ago darn it! Same thing happened to me earlier this year when they were here also. I just thought it would be funny if I could show up at some of their other shows outside of Disney and take pictures their too! Then they would be like,"Geez, do they have reps in every state or something?" Well, that is my goal, to take pictures of them wherever they go. Maybe we should start a club or something...:drevil:

Well, I hope they are there in October cause I will and I can't wait...:sohappy:

bhg469

Next time i see them i am just going to hold my hands up and pretend to take a picture with my imaginary camera just to see how they react.

Gorjus

Obviously the point of this thread...shoot, it is a darn rope by now...is that the way in which the vendor discouraged photos was the issue. If he had been nicer about it, the original poster might not have had an issue.

But if I may play devil's advocate for a minute, the man is an artist, albeit not a very original one. In order to recreate his art, you would have to do some serious work. However, if this was a painter or a photographer, all you would have to do to have their art hanging in your house is take a picture of it and blow it up: not a lot of effort on your part.

So, I absolutely understand why photographers and painters and the like do not allow photographs of their work. It is a little less understandable for plant makers and sculptors.

And as for photo rules, according to the rules one poster presented, Disney should have NO RIGHT to say we can't photograph a behind the scenes tour or some of the rides.

Just my thoughts.

Meeko

Good grief - I finally did it... I read them all... such an unproductive Friday afternoon:sohappy:

This giant thread was very entertaining. Can't believe it's been around for so long!

PotteryGal

I have to admit that reading this entire thread was the reason I joined the forum in the first place! :lol: Seriously though, I agree with a previous poster that if these people had taken the time to explain why and been nicer about it this wouldn't even be an issue.
I mentioned this thread to my pottery teacher, and he sees both sides. He and other artisans actually boycotted Target once because they would have people regularly show up at craft/art shows, take pictures, and have them mass produced for their store. HOWEVER, after seeing pictures of what these people made, they have nothing to be proud of. My brother-in-law would just look at these things and be able to recreate them - better made than those things too.
Keep the posts coming, enjoying them immensely!!

Disney_Belle

everytime i see this thread pop up, i laugh. its the thread that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends..... some people started reading it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue reading it forever just because this is the thread that never ends.... :brick:

ok thats enough ha.:hammer:

LoriMistress

Old-LastYearAirlines.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom